Brazilian thread SGS2 i9100 (ROMs, CSC, PT-BR language, etc)

Search This thread

angelomaldito

May 26, 2011
I've recently moved from the UK to Brazil, and I have flashed the XXKI4 2.3.5 ROM with the ZTOKE2 CSC (both obtained from Intratech's thread). I've found that the VLingo voice commands are gone (certainly because it does not support Portuguese language, nevertheless I've got it from the Market, however it is slightly different from the one provided by Samsung). I've noticed also that a game from Gameloft (Hero of Sparta HD) is included, as well as Folha de Sao Paulo and Livraria Cultura apps.

I actually prefer to use, and still using English language on my device, but I want it to work fine with the carrier specific settings in Brazil (especially regarding internet, MMS, etc). Is it really necessary to have the Brazilian CSC or an European CSC will work fine?

marlonbr

Jun 14, 2010
PT-BR on International Roms and Brazillian AGPS solution

Well done, angelomaldito!

If you don't want to use PT-BR as your main language on the phone there is no reason to use a Brazillian ROM. You should be fine regarding the basics cellphones functionality here.

But if you do want PT-BR, its essential to use one. Samsung is doing a nice job leaking updated roms for Brazil at a very acceptable speed, so we are covered.

In my case, since I enjoy testing newer stuff, now I'm using KI3, with PT-PT. So there goes a very good tip for people in my case: I was before on KI4 and set my language to PT-BR, so when I got to KI3 it lacked PT-BR but all the programs who did have PT-BR showed it. So only the main system is in PT-PT. A good WIN for me, and I recommend that to everyone.

Ah, there is another very important tip: the AGPS. The default server is north-america.pool.ntp.org and I noticed that it sometimes is very slow to fix on Brazil. So I installed a program called FasterFix (needs root) and changed the agps server to a brazillian one. You can check the relations here: http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br . The procedure is as follows:

AGPS fix for Brazil:
  1. Get ROOT
  2. Install FasterFix from the Market
  3. Select custom server
  4. Go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br and check the server which has "br"
  5. Put the chosen server as follows on the text field: server 2.br.pool.ntp.org
  6. Press Go

With this change the better performance of the AGPS is very noticeable.

I hope you find these tips useful and I'm excited to get good tips from you guys.

Thanks!

Ze Tolas

Sep 16, 2011
How i can discovery what are my original firmware?I changed my rom and i forgot to take note, so i installed UHKI1 stock.

angelomaldito

May 26, 2011
How i can discovery what are my original firmware?I changed my rom and i forgot to take note, so i installed UHKI1 stock.

If you bought your phone unbranded from a Brazilian retailer, probably it was one of the following:

Unbranded:
UHKE4: Firmware Info: PDA: UHKE4 Phone: UHKE2 CSC: ZTOKE2

TIM
UHKE4: Firmware info: PDA: UHKE4 Phone: UHKE2 CSC: ZTMKE2
or
UHKH3: Firmware info: PDA: UHKH3 Phone: UHKH1 CSC: ZTMKH3

Claro
UHKE4:Firmware info: PDA:UHKE4 PHONE: UHKE2 CSC:ZTAKE2

Vivo
UHKE4: Firmware info: PDA:UHKE4 PHONE: UHKE2 CSC:ZVVKE3

Last edited:
Reactions: Ze Tolas

Ze Tolas

Sep 16, 2011
If you bought your phone unbranded from a Brazilian retailer, probably it was one of the following:

Unbranded:
UHKE4: Firmware Info: PDA: UHKE4 Phone: UHKE2 CSC: ZTOKE2

TIM
UHKE4: Firmware info: PDA: UHKE4 Phone: UHKE2 CSC: ZTMKE2
or
UHKH3: Firmware info: PDA: UHKH3 Phone: UHKH1 CSC: ZTMKH3

Claro
UHKE4:Firmware info: PDA:UHKE4 PHONE: UHKE2 CSC:ZTAKE2

Vivo
UHKE4: Firmware info: PDA:UHKE4 PHONE: UHKE2 CSC:ZVVKE3

Thanks, i buyed unbranded at submarino.com, but have difference change to a correct one?

maFi0us

Oct 13, 2011
Florianópolis
nice thread.

i'm currently using villainrom + ninph 2.0.5.

An usefull app for those who use a rom without pt_BR is MORE LOCALE. This app does not translate anything but helps others app's to be installed in pt_BR, other apps will be able to indentify ur default language as pt_BR even though u r using pt_PT....

I don't know if i was clear enough...

Reactions: Ze Tolas

Ze Tolas

Sep 16, 2011
nice thread.

i'm currently using villainrom + ninph 2.0.5.

An usefull app for those who use a rom without pt_BR is MORE LOCALE. This app does not translate anything but helps others app's to be installed in pt_BR, other apps will be able to indentify ur default language as pt_BR even though u r using pt_PT....

I don't know if i was clear enough...

Get this app in market?

maick

May 23, 2009
I also brazilian and I don't mean to be rude, but XDA is an English speaking forum.

And for the OP. Great initiative!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

angelomaldito

May 26, 2011
Is there any way to keep the language as en-US but show the phone numbers formatted as xx-xxxx-xxxx ?

Well, I've always used en-GB (XEU CSC) in my phone, and the numbers are formatted as xxxxxxxx without any kind of separation between the numbers. I was unaware of any kind of pattern related to the CSC, even though I briefly (less than 24h) used a "Frankestein" mix of XXKI4 ROM with ZTOKE2 CSC I haven't noticed any changes in that sense. :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Following our Australian, Indian, Japanese and Philippine mates, I believe that it would be useful to have a Brazilian i9100 thread to discuss Brazilian SGS2 matters such as ROMs, CSC, PT-BR language, etc.
    *MOD POST*

You're allowed to post in your native language as long as you provide an English translation. Please provide one from this point on.

Thanks

crachel
    PT-BR on International Roms and Brazillian AGPS solution

Well done, angelomaldito!

If you don't want to use PT-BR as your main language on the phone there is no reason to use a Brazillian ROM. You should be fine regarding the basics cellphones functionality here.

But if you do want PT-BR, its essential to use one. Samsung is doing a nice job leaking updated roms for Brazil at a very acceptable speed, so we are covered.

In my case, since I enjoy testing newer stuff, now I'm using KI3, with PT-PT. So there goes a very good tip for people in my case: I was before on KI4 and set my language to PT-BR, so when I got to KI3 it lacked PT-BR but all the programs who did have PT-BR showed it. So only the main system is in PT-PT. A good WIN for me, and I recommend that to everyone.

Ah, there is another very important tip: the AGPS. The default server is north-america.pool.ntp.org and I noticed that it sometimes is very slow to fix on Brazil. So I installed a program called FasterFix (needs root) and changed the agps server to a brazillian one. You can check the relations here: http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br . The procedure is as follows:

AGPS fix for Brazil:
    1. Get ROOT
    2. Install FasterFix from the Market
    3. Select custom server
    4. Go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br and check the server which has "br"
    5. Put the chosen server as follows on the text field: server 2.br.pool.ntp.org
    6. Press Go

With this change the better performance of the AGPS is very noticeable.

I hope you find these tips useful and I'm excited to get good tips from you guys.

Thanks!
    A maioria dos posts vem com bandeirinha
    Brazil.gif
    , e vocês escrevem em ingles ainda, para né. O tópico e nosso não gringo, digitem em nossa língua Brazuka

Welcome to XDA, as a brazilian you naturally will only obey rules if you have to, guess what? Here you have to, "cops" + "neighborhood watch" are everywhere.

Here are the rules, you will want to read (and obey) them:
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Pay attention to rule #4

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.

Have a good day.
    No reliable sources, but i read this info on many blogs and a few people state that have talked to Samsung and there is really no Gorilla Glass.

One thing that makes me believe that is, there is nothing written anywhere on Samsung's website or in the phone's case about Gorilla Glass, i think they wouldn't miss the opportunity to use this as ad...

Anyway, i also don't use a screen protector until now and have no scratches whatsoever. But i wouldn't count on Gorilla Glass that much, i have an Atrix before my GSII and managed to get a big scratch on it, even with Gorilla Glass...

Official post of Samsung from Brazil (in portuguese):

Samsung Brasil
    RT @SamsungMobileBR Pra esclarecer uma dúvida importante, o Galaxy SII TEM #GorillaGlass. Essa é a informação oficial e garantida!

So, yes. The Brazilian Galaxy SII have Gorilla Glass.