[Q] what to do after rooting alcatel pop C3

Search This thread

ackeella27

Apr 17, 2014
hey i want to root my alcatel 4033 because of the 512mb of memory, most of it is used up by preinstalled apps but i dont know what to do after rooting it. Can any one help me? i can help my self when it comes to technology and i can follow instuctions:eek:

blanxlr

Jul 18, 2012
Hi there, i have the same Phone. Got it rooted with the framaroot app. Then i searched the web for custom roms. First Nothing Then i came a cross this site http://www.442kitkat.info/mp3-0/alcatel-one-touch-pop-c3-5687.html. seems interessting? ! I will try to flash it and See how it works out

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I got the A version (4033a) i guess. Without dual sim

Bull****. Got to complete a task/buy something. Forget about this link.

Last edited:
H

Harish_Sharma

Hi, U can remove useless apps using root explorer or root app delete.. Or search for any other custom rom built for ur fone.

dicciassei

Dec 10, 2010
Trieste
I have an app

hey i want to root my alcatel 4033 because of the 512mb of memory, most of it is used up by preinstalled apps but i dont know what to do after rooting it. Can any one help me? i can help my self when it comes to technology and i can follow instuctions:eek:

Hello ackeella27, I have an Alcatel POP C3 4033X and I had the same problem: preinstalled apps and some ram used by these (for example Viber, that sometimes used to crash even if I didn't open it). So i had decided to root my phone and remove these useless (for me) apps by deleting them from the system (they are in a folder called "/custpack/app/" in the case of 4033X but i don't know if it is the same for other model of POP C3).
But I use to reset my phone sometimes (with the decision to not install again too much apps xD ) so made an app, called "App Removal for Alcatel POP C3" :cool:
I think if you have 4033X model you can surely use it, if not but you decide even to try please tell me the result so I know that this app is also for another model of POP C3.
You can find the app atached the post; I've put an ads at the bottom because I'm planning to put it on Play Store :)
In the app, if you haven't already rooted your phone you can click "Get SU" button, and installation of Framaroot will be started: when it finishes open Framaroot and click Boromir. Restart the phone. You can open App Removal, and may modify the code, and then click "execute" button to remove the unnecessary apps.

I posted some sceenshot to show you how is the app

Description of used permissions:
  • 1) SD Card
  • 2) Network State and Internet
  • 3) Superuser
1)To put Framaroot in the SD Card and start the installation process
2)To display Ads
3)To execute the root commands

I hope it works and is usefull
Have a nice day :)
- dicciassei -​

Edit: The app is now obsolete: wait about one week and I will make a topic with the new app (better than this). Bye ;)

Attachments

• AppRemoval.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
  • screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 390
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 355
  • screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

blanxlr

Jul 18, 2012
Hello ackeella27, I have an Alcatel POP C3 4033X and I had the same problem: preinstalled apps and some ram used by these (for example Viber, that sometimes used to crash even if I didn't open it). So i had decided to root my phone and remove these useless (for me) apps by deleting them from the system (they are in a folder called "/custpack/app/" in the case of 4033X but i don't know if it is the same for other model of POP C3).
But I use to reset my phone sometimes (with the decision to not install again too much apps xD ) so made an app, called "App Removal for Alcatel POP C3" :cool:
I think if you have 4033X model you can surely use it, if not but you decide even to try please tell me the result so I know that this app is also for another model of POP C3.
You can find the app atached the post; I've put an ads at the bottom because I'm planning to put it on Play Store :)
In the app, if you haven't already rooted your phone you can click "Get SU" button, and installation of Framaroot will be started: when it finishes open Framaroot and click Boromir. Restart the phone. You can open App Removal, and may modify the code, and then click "execute" button to remove the unnecessary apps.

I posted some sceenshot to show you how is the app

Description of used permissions:
  • 1) SD Card
  • 2) Network State and Internet
  • 3) Superuser
1)To put Framaroot in the SD Card and start the installation process
2)To display Ads
3)To execute the root commands

I hope it works and is usefull
Have a nice day :)
- dicciassei -​

Q did u als had this annoying message when u disable viber. Viber has stopped. Keeps popping up

dicciassei

Dec 10, 2010
Trieste
Yes, so I reset my phone and delete it from the system. I think this phone's version of viber is bugged because if I install it from Play Store it function normally. If you would remove it feel free to use my app (it not remove only viber but also other programs, in future I update if with a cecklist of Alcatel system apps you can check to be removed, more comfortable)

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4033X using XDA Free mobile app