carrier unlock?

Search This thread

mrkrowely

Apr 17, 2014
i've seen posts about unlocking the sim, but those are for GSM,

I have a sprint one max, currently using it on sprint, but i also have a verizon DNA that i use on verizon. i will soon be wanting to use my one max on verizon, how do i achieve this with the one max?

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage

I have a sprint one max, currently using it on sprint, but i also have a verizon DNA that i use on verizon. i will soon be wanting to use my one max on verizon, how do i achieve this with the one max?

Can't. All Verizon phones must be provisioned by Verizon. That's why you can never buy an unlocked phone and go to them with it.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mrkrowely

mrkrowely

Apr 17, 2014
Can't. All Verizon phones must be provisioned by Verizon. That's why you can never buy an unlocked phone and go to them with it.

i'm still curious and why you couldn't flash a verizon hboot, raidio, firmware, and rom, insert an actual verizon sim card and it work?
i'm sure it wouldn't work to it's 100%, but 90% of the bandwith usage on both devices are the same, both are cdma and LTE.

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
i'm still curious and why you couldn't flash a verizon hboot, raidio, firmware, and rom, insert an actual verizon sim card and it work?
i'm sure it wouldn't work to it's 100%, but 90% of the bandwith usage on both devices are the same, both are cdma and LTE.

Verizon has to provision all phones for use on their network. Without their allowance nothing else matters. Imagine their network like a WiFi hotspot. You have the ability to use it but lack the passphrase and no ability to find it out without the owners permission.

mrkrowely

Apr 17, 2014
Verizon has to provision all phones for use on their network. Without their allowance nothing else matters. Imagine their network like a WiFi hotspot. You have the ability to use it but lack the passphrase and no ability to find it out without the owners permission.

i have a verizon droid DNA, with an account, what if i or could i put the "ID" and everything of my max to look like it's the DNA, and flash the verizon MAX rom and everything, just altering the info file to match the new DNA id's so that it installs?

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
i have a verizon droid DNA, with an account, what if i or could i put the "ID" and everything of my max to look like it's the DNA, and flash the verizon MAX rom and everything, just altering the info file to match the new DNA id's so that it installs?

There is no way to do it. It doesn't matter what you copy Verizon didn't provision your meid......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.