New G2 / 24A / What next?

Search This thread

UrbanBounca

Sep 17, 2010
I'm not new to rooting and flashing, except with the G2, VS980. That said, I rooted using an app called "AutoRec" from the Play Store. I then flashed TWRP 2.7. However, when attempting to flash the stable version of Cyanogenmod (10.2), I run into an "LG Security Error" and the phone won't boot past the LG boot screen.

Do I need to revert back to an older firmware to flash ROM's? Is there an LG VS980 flashing tutorial anywhere? I used the TOT method to get the G2 back to stock, and I'm currently back on 24A, but reverting won't be a problem as the stock firmware is garbage.

I know, this is a lot for one post, but I need the information. There are plenty of ROM's to choose from, but I don't even know where to start. I know it's difficult picking one, so which one are you using now and would you recommend it?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I'm not new to rooting and flashing, except with the G2, VS980. That said, I rooted using an app called "AutoRec" from the Play Store. I then flashed TWRP 2.7. However, when attempting to flash the stable version of Cyanogenmod (10.2), I run into an "LG Security Error" and the phone won't boot past the LG boot screen.

Do I need to revert back to an older firmware to flash ROM's? Is there an LG VS980 flashing tutorial anywhere? I used the TOT method to get the G2 back to stock, and I'm currently back on 24A, but reverting won't be a problem as the stock firmware is garbage.

I know, this is a lot for one post, but I need the information. There are plenty of ROM's to choose from, but I don't even know where to start. I know it's difficult picking one, so which one are you using now and would you recommend it?

CM 10/11 nightlies are based on JB or 12B baseband while your phone has 24A or KK. You need to flash JackpotClavin CM11 5/21/14 release

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
And also, just for future reference (no disrespect), this belongs in Q&A, not development. Hope you get it figured out!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: deathsquad737

UrbanBounca

Sep 17, 2010
CM 10/11 nightlies are based on JB or 12B baseband while your phone has 24A or KK. You need to flash JackpotClavin CM11 5/21/14 release

I appreciate your response. However, JackpotClavin seems to have abandoned development.

And also, just for future reference (no disrespect), this belongs in Q&A, not development. Hope you get it figured out!

It's not a problem. I've been a member here for awhile, but never really post. I still should've known better.

That said, does anyone have any other suggestions for Google source-based ROM's?

I've recently gone with C-Rom. I noticed the size was quite small, and once it booted, I couldn't be happier. It's plain-Jane Android, and I love it!

Last edited:
Reactions: njstein

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I appreciate your response. However, JackpotClavin seems to have abandoned development.

It's not a problem. I've been a member here for awhile, but never really post. I still should've known better.

That said, does anyone have any other suggestions for Google source-based ROM's?

I've recently gone with C-Rom. I noticed the size was quite small, and once it booted, I couldn't be happier. It's plain-Jane Android, and I love it!

Carbon is quite nice too, bigshotrob22 has been posting betas based on 24A to the thread, the last one is in my signature. Don't use the nightlies linked in the original post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.