[ROM] AOSP-Flavored Nonsense v2 - [3/27]

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Here is a ROM I cooked up for personal use until further AOSP progress has been made. It's very similar to the "SuperClean" ROMs I used to distribute for the Fascinate.

Nearly all Sense elements have been removed (Rosie, ALL widgets are gone, etc), leaving only the Phone/Contacts/Cam/FlashLight Sense applications. They have been replaced with AOSP versions, some borrowed from CM, some straight AOSP builds with a few of my own slight modifications. All apks/jars have been deodexed and zipaligned for anyone wanting to theme them. I have not touched any framework images, have only changed out a few images for some of the AOSP apps so that they mesh better with the Sense theme. All Google apps have been updated to the latest versions.

* AOSP apps *
Calculator
Calendar
DeskClock
Gallery3D - CodeAuroraForum
Launcher2 - GB version, modified to allow app uninstall from long-hold over trash can
Mms - CM
Music - CM

* Additional apps *
Car Home - Google
FileManager - CM
FlashPlayer 10.2
GenieWidget - Google
GoogleVoice

* Other stuffs *
includes Adrynalyne's modified boot.img allowing perma-root on adb
AOSP LockScreen
busybox
working su/Superuser
rw/ro scripts (simply type rw to make /system writable, ro to set back to read-only)
Thunder startup sound removed

*** V2 - 3/27 ***
fixed sync-related FC issues - thanks 760hacker!
fixed Calendar (removed the big Android wtf?)
added bash / terminfo
remove HTC SetupWizard and replaced with Google version, allowing removal of Backup Assistant
added Market versions of Twitter / Facebook
removed broken Dock Settings option from DeskClock
removed lots more unneeded files
*** You MUST wipe data when flashing this ROM!! Please don't post of any issues if you do not do so!! ***
*** You will NOT go into the SetupWizard automatically any more. Open Gmail or the Market to launch the SetupWizard ***

Since so many apps have been changed/removed, it would be a good idea to wipe data before flashing. MAKE A BACKUP! YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR YOUR DEVICE!

I have not yet encoutered any bugs, but things have not been robustly tested. Please let me know if you find any. Enjoy :)

* v1 ROM *
http://www.mediafire.com/?v1ge9qtoct23qbu

* v2 ROM *
http://www.mediafire.com/?weiolo8sfiyw2i1

Last edited:

dlongb13

Dec 30, 2009
Been running this for about a half hour and its great. Super fast and very smooth. Love having some AOSP apps back in my life. Thanks JT

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
Hello right now I'm on stock Rom well rooted Rom if I flash this Rom and for any reason I want go back will be able to do that?? With no problem at all ??? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

jiggaman508

May 6, 2010
Worcester, MA
So glad to see you here. Between you and adrynalyne being here I feel like I never left the fascinate lol. Thank you so much for your work. I will be flashing asap. ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Hello right now I'm on stock Rom well rooted Rom if I flash this Rom and for any reason I want go back will be able to do that?? With no problem at all ??? Thanks

just do a nandroid backup before flashing and you'll be fine

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
Thanks for your replies...so that mean if I want go back only need do a restore am I right ???

ddgarcia05

Mar 28, 2010
Edinburg / Mcallen, Texas
Any screen shots?

I'm running launcher pro just for those wanting to see the the status bar.

48b2a699-0d84-bc8e.jpg

Last edited:

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
Jt!!! Damn, another friendly face in these parts! Please tell me you have a bolt?

wolfedude88

Jul 20, 2010
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a ROM I cooked up for personal use until further AOSP progress has been made. It's very similar to the "SuperClean" ROMs I used to distribute for the Fascinate.

Nearly all Sense elements have been removed (Rosie, ALL widgets are gone, etc), leaving only the Phone/Contacts/Cam/FlashLight Sense applications. They have been replaced with AOSP versions, some borrowed from CM, some straight AOSP builds with a few of my own slight modifications. All apks/jars have been deodexed and zipaligned for anyone wanting to theme them. I have not touched any framework images, have only changed out a few images for some of the AOSP apps so that they mesh better with the Sense theme. All Google apps have been updated to the latest versions.

* AOSP apps *
    Calculator
    Calendar
    DeskClock
    Gallery3D - CodeAuroraForum
    Launcher2 - GB version, modified to allow app uninstall from long-hold over trash can
    Mms - CM
    Music - CM

* Additional apps *
    Car Home - Google
    FileManager - CM
    FlashPlayer 10.2
    GenieWidget - Google
    GoogleVoice

* Other stuffs *
    includes Adrynalyne's modified boot.img allowing perma-root on adb
    AOSP LockScreen
    busybox
    working su/Superuser
    rw/ro scripts (simply type rw to make /system writable, ro to set back to read-only)
    Thunder startup sound removed

*** V2 - 3/27 ***
    fixed sync-related FC issues - thanks 760hacker!
    fixed Calendar (removed the big Android wtf?)
    added bash / terminfo
    remove HTC SetupWizard and replaced with Google version, allowing removal of Backup Assistant
    added Market versions of Twitter / Facebook
    removed broken Dock Settings option from DeskClock
    removed lots more unneeded files
    *** You MUST wipe data when flashing this ROM!! Please don't post of any issues if you do not do so!! ***
    *** You will NOT go into the SetupWizard automatically any more. Open Gmail or the Market to launch the SetupWizard ***

Since so many apps have been changed/removed, it would be a good idea to wipe data before flashing. MAKE A BACKUP! YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR YOUR DEVICE!

I have not yet encoutered any bugs, but things have not been robustly tested. Please let me know if you find any. Enjoy :)

* v1 ROM *
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v1ge9qtoct23qbu

* v2 ROM *
    http://www.mediafire.com/?weiolo8sfiyw2i1
    A future reference is that do not use ROMs from Authors that do not update or respond to threads. It can be a foreshadow for other ROMs they will release. Heck, I even posted in one of his other active ROMs...

Don't be an ass...

Guess you aren't aware of recent Hell on earth in Alabama. Jt1134 is a standup guy.

Rom updates are not his priority right now, and rightfully so.

Updated OP with v2. Fixed some bugs, nuked some crap
    Where can I find the apk for the AOSP lockscreen? I have a friend who wants to push only the lockscreen for now. TIA

There isn't an apk for aosp lockscreen. Have your friend rename HtcLockScreen.apk to HtcLockScreen.bak and reboot. He/she will have the AOSP lock screen instead of sense.