[DEV/WIP} Quest to enable "Roam Only" mode on the GS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wellllllll, so far I have got to the point where the option shows up--which I suppose isn't very difficult for anyone to do at all. But I've also made all of the smali edits that would have made this work on an HTC phone. In fact, it did work on the EVO LTE, except on the GS3 it doesn't. This leads me to believe that I'm either in a file that doesn't get noticed by the system, or the values I'm changing are wrong.

Maybe one of you very talented developers on XDA can lend a hand so we can all benefit from this much needed feature.

roamingtest.png
    still trying some methods. all of which are failing lol
    Still working on this a little bit every day. As I gain more knowledge about smali, I'll figure it out.....hopefully.

Right now, my Phone.apk doesn't force close when switching to roaming only like it did before, but as of now nothing happens.
    here's the long way to force roaming. connect phone to QXDM. Send SPC. Open NV Browser. Scroll to item 00442. Hit the "Read" button. QXDM will show 0x0001 or 0x00ff.

ff is "automatic" and 01 is "home only". Write 0x0002 and reboot. You will be roaming when the phone comes back on.

We need a way to write the 0x0002 without QXDM ;)

is there anything in the roaming code that has it writing ff or 01? could we switch ff to 02? then instead of automatic it writes roaming? prob crazy talk. :eek:
    Thread cleaned

The childish bickering needs to stop. Post relevant information, or don't post at all.