Dell Streak will not power up

Search This thread

fatannasty

Feb 24, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I left my streak powered on over night and when i got up this morning the battery was @ 69%. So i started checking e-mail, facebook, twitter, ect. Put the tablet down to get ready for my day, and about 30min later picked up the tablet and it would not power up....anyone has any ideas. I plug it unto the wall charged no light indicator come on or anything:confused::confused:

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
Open the sd/sim card slot and to the left of the sd there is a tiny pin hole get a needle and press it. Its a force off. Maybe something locked up. I left mine on allcday tje other day and got home it was dead and would not turn on until it had about 3% charge. Hopefully the force reset works for ya.

sent from my re-engineered dInc

ftaman

May 14, 2010
I had the same problem but my home button light stayed on, I try to reset but nothing happen. I took it back to T Mobile and they couldnt figure out why it didnt boot up, so they replaced it.

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
I left my streak powered on over night and when i got up this morning the battery was @ 69%. So i started checking e-mail, facebook, twitter, ect. Put the tablet down to get ready for my day, and about 30min later picked up the tablet and it would not power up....anyone has any ideas. I plug it unto the wall charged no light indicator come on or anything:confused::confused:

You may want back-up some personal data and do a factor reset on data (not data and internal storage).

Mine never freeze up after I did that.

fatannasty

Feb 24, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for all the info. I plugged up the dell removed the SD card and held down the the reset button....everything back up and running

Sent from my Dell Streak 7

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area
Is anyone having a continuing problem after a factory reset? I am awaiting delivery of my S7, and I would like to know if I should just go ahead and do a factory reset after opening, or maybe wait for the issue to occur and do some troubleshooting to help figure out the fault...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
I didnt have a problem I would just wait if something arise's then I would do some investigating.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7

garetjax71

May 4, 2009
Mine did that but all I had to do is leave it charging for a few mins and if you use another adapter I was using the one from my mytouch4g it will not charge right and will not start up when battery is dead. next time just let it charge or do not let it go dead.

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Is anyone having a continuing problem after a factory reset? I am awaiting delivery of my S7, and I would like to know if I should just go ahead and do a factory reset after opening, or maybe wait for the issue to occur and do some troubleshooting to help figure out the fault...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Don't do it until you hit a problem.

jrdemaskus

Jul 9, 2006
Ct.
So now I have 3 DS7 WiFi in my circle.
One has Froyo 2.2.2 no problems.
The other two are running 3.2 and have repeatedly frozen. And continue to freeze requiring pin hole reset, despite having been factory reset.
Is this an issue with 3.2? Is it going to get worse?
Thanks for your input
Peace

iceboy721

Aug 14, 2012
help

hello
i have dell streak and it wasn't turn on and stop at dell logo then i use fast boot and improved it after that i want to learn more i type on the fastboot and cmd that:
fastboot flash boot blob
fastboot reboot
then my tablet turn of and never turn on!!!
the screen don't turn on any way
blob was a unknown file...
i know that i change the boot of tablet and erase it but now i want to repair it...
HOW???
this hasn't fastboot and bootloader!!!
plz help me
plz

trungtuyen66

May 15, 2012
hello
i have dell streak and it wasn't turn on and stop at dell logo then i use fast boot and improved it after that i want to learn more i type on the fastboot and cmd that:
fastboot flash boot blob
fastboot reboot
then my tablet turn of and never turn on!!!
the screen don't turn on any way
blob was a unknown file...
i know that i change the boot of tablet and erase it but now i want to repair it...
HOW???
this hasn't fastboot and bootloader!!!
plz help me
plz
Try nvflash with hd7 r2