Pico hero Gsm Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5 update 19.10.2011

Search This thread

arnoslag

Jan 10, 2006
Losser
Ok this is a release from a port from the hero cdma
It's a beta release an need more work.
I will be working on this release, but if somebody will use it as a base for a new release
feel free to use it.
I'm not a Dev. so updates can take some take to release.And all credits go to the dev that made this possible

language:
wwe and more
keyboard has multi languages

This is the HTC Pico Explorer build with Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5. Almost everything is working.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credit to Team Hydra @ heroc thread ( dastin1015 and flashinglights )
Thread
ad every one that made this possible
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working:
WIFI
Calls
SMS
MMS (Not confirmed)
USB Storage
Market Fixed
Bluetooth ? ( not tested )
Camera
updated superuser

Notworking:
- Tell me
rom:
Mediafire
kernels:
Las Venturas - 2.6.35 kernel port for Hero 5.0
Multiupload

Las_Venturax-0.6.2.zip
Mediafire

Installation:

1. Wipe Data
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Choose custom zip from sd-card and flash it
5. when it is finished flash the kernel of choice ( don't forget ,whithout wifi isn't working )
6. After flash it is desirable to allow time to restart and accelerate

update 19.10.2011
Merge with dastin's beta 4
Rosie transitions speeds sped up
some changes to the build.prop
Wildhero "WildApps" app drawer tab
Tweaks ramdisk Oom values for better multitasking
All apk's resigned (should help with the fc's)
English only ( will work tomorrow to add languages )

notice:
This is a quick port, will work on it tomorow add languages and other stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the port Arnoslag!

Yes it booted. After it settled down I ATTEMPTED to install Fly kernel 13, but the phone didn't boot up afterwards. I installed Las Venturax 0.6.2 and everything was fine again.

Some observations (in no particular order):
-camera seems to sort of work. I got a FC when trying to take a picture. Did not try video.
-during syncing of gmail account the phone was very slugglish but this was expected
-removed all the sense widgets except the flip clock and it seemed to help speed up the ROM's responsiveness... as did turning off animations. edit: I removed the flip clock too. edit#2: I used setcpu to crank up the min and max to 652MHz and it has helped the unlock ring and general usage. ring unlock is still a little laggy.
-wifi works fine, so does 3G data
-have had a couple of superuser FC's when going into setcpu
-in one instance I received a phone call and hung up after 4 seconds. The phone got really slow and then I got a sense FC which made sense restart.
-whatever version of market is on this ROM is slow
-there is no web browser included in this ROM

~~~~~~~~~~~
edit: was trying to download Gmaps from the market over wifi when market hung and gave me an FC for com.android.mms

Last edited:

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan
u think is it possible to revert back to older Market? the newer Market seems slow on loading, probably heavy on graphics..

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan
the camera can take a pic, but have no zoom function. weather animations seems lacking its animation(like fog animation, cloudy animation). only rain animation is visible(well, my place won't snow, it's near equator).

Last edited:

loco00

Jan 18, 2011
Kuantan
I will be working on this release, but if somebody will use it as a base for a new release
feel free to use it.
I'm not a Dev. so updates can take some take to release.

language:
wwe and more

This is the HTC Pico Explorer build with Android 2.3.5 w/Sense 3.5. Almost everything is working.

Credit to contactwajeeh (hero cdma ) Thread
and
idogx@diypda

Working:
WIFI
Calls
SMS
MMS (Not confirmed)
USB Storage ( not always )
Market Fixed
Camera
updated superuser

Notworking:
-Camcorder (laggy)
-gps and data used together Force Close Sense ( gps is turned of by default )

Download beta release :
first release:
Mediafire

new release: 14.10.2011
Mediafire
full rom wipe all and flash

Installation:

1. Wipe Data
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Choose custom zip from sd-card
5. After flash it is desirable to allow time to restart and accelerate

update 14.10.2011
added apps:
gmail
old market
webbrower

added many languages

super user is working

concerning on ur update, please remove MarketUpdater.apk so that old Market won't get updated to the latest version. And please add back FileManager too. Cheers.:D

CSL00

Aug 24, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Very nice ROM, but browser FCs the minute I go to another site. Other than that no problems, only one sense reload. Tried with Las Venturas 0.5 and Las Venturax 0.6.2 .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    feel free to use it.
    I'm not a Dev. so updates can take some take to release.And all credits go to the dev that made this possible

language:
    wwe and more

Credit to Team Hydra @ heroc thread ( dastin1015 and flashinglights )
    Thread
    ad every one that made this possible

Working:
    WIFI
    Calls
    SMS
    MMS (Not confirmed)
    USB Storage
    Market Fixed
    Camera
    updated superuser

Notworking:
    - Tell me
    rom:
    Mediafire
    kernels:
    Las Venturas - 2.6.35 kernel port for Hero 5.0
    Multiupload

Las_Venturax-0.6.2.zip
    Mediafire

Installation:

1. Wipe Data
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik
    4. Choose custom zip from sd-card and flash it
    5. when it is finished flash the kernel of choice ( don't forget ,whithout wifi isn't working )
    6. After flash it is desirable to allow time to restart and accelerate

update 19.10.2011
    Merge with dastin's beta 4
    Rosie transitions speeds sped up
    some changes to the build.prop
    Wildhero "WildApps" app drawer tab
    Tweaks ramdisk Oom values for better multitasking
    All apk's resigned (should help with the fc's)
    English only ( will work tomorrow to add languages )

notice:
    This is a quick port, will work on it tomorow add languages and other stuff.
    i will give it a try tonight
    the gsm hero xda community that has been reborn over the past few months is truly a great example of teamwork and good spirit.

I'm so proud to be a part of this community and only wish I had time to learn the hacking part of android firmware stuff like you folks have done.

Thank you all for continuing to push the limits of "the little engine that could" which is the GSM Hero 1XX.

Don
    yes but when i restart phone again im getting process com.htc.launcher error when tap on all apps

oh, I haven't restarted yet. still doing initial google account sync which takes about half an hour. I never (if possible) stop this process since the phone runs like crap until it's done on all of these gb sense roms so I just want it done so I can get a real impression of the rom's speed.

once this sync is done I'll reboot and see if I get taht error also. hopefully not, but probably will based on what you've said. :-(