[Q] Unable to boot into Asus Transformer TF101

Search This thread

tjvr

Feb 24, 2014
Hi guys

I did a factory reset within ICS this morning on my Asus Transformer TF101. Unfortunately this caused the tablet to reboot into recovery (Clockworkmod Recovery v5.8.3.4). I tried to reboot into the rom a couple of times but it unfortunately did not help. The tablet rebooted into recovery not matter what I did.

I decided to check if there is a rom available on internal storage and saw that there were. I then went ahead and factory reset / wipe data within recovery and I also wiped the Dalvic cache. After doing this I installed the available rom (Revolver ICS for TF101) and tried to reboot again. Unfortunately the tablet keeps rebooting into recovery.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this issue and get my transformer working again?

The solutions I have thought of include the following but I either need to get files onto my transformer or I need some knowledge not already in my possession.

1. Allow the tablet to boot into the rom after successful installation of the Revolver Rom. Is there something I am doing wrong at this point in time? Note that I only have the Revolver rom available on the internal storage.
2. Mount transformer storage to my PC so that I can copy the stock rom to the transformer and install it in the hope of solving this issue. For this I need to know how to mount the transformer storage to my PC as I was unable to do that this morning. I have an SD card in the transformer but it does not seem to be available within my version of the recovery.

Thanks for your time and help!

Kind regards
Johann

barkeater

Aug 15, 2014
Buffalo NY
Hi guys

I did a factory reset within ICS this morning on my Asus Transformer TF101. Unfortunately this caused the tablet to reboot into recovery (Clockworkmod Recovery v5.8.3.4). I tried to reboot into the rom a couple of times but it unfortunately did not help. The tablet rebooted into recovery not matter what I did.

I decided to check if there is a rom available on internal storage and saw that there were. I then went ahead and factory reset / wipe data within recovery and I also wiped the Dalvic cache. After doing this I installed the available rom (Revolver ICS for TF101) and tried to reboot again. Unfortunately the tablet keeps rebooting into recovery.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this issue and get my transformer working again?

The solutions I have thought of include the following but I either need to get files onto my transformer or I need some knowledge not already in my possession.

1. Allow the tablet to boot into the rom after successful installation of the Revolver Rom. Is there something I am doing wrong at this point in time? Note that I only have the Revolver rom available on the internal storage.
2. Mount transformer storage to my PC so that I can copy the stock rom to the transformer and install it in the hope of solving this issue. For this I need to know how to mount the transformer storage to my PC as I was unable to do that this morning. I have an SD card in the transformer but it does not seem to be available within my version of the recovery.

Thanks for your time and help!

Kind regards
Johann

follow instructions here: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-tf101-development/31919-frederuco-s-guide-flash-tf101-back-stock.html

tjvr

Feb 24, 2014
Thanks but that is not so helpful since I need to get files on internal storage

Thanks for your reply but it is unfortunately not very helpful. I need to have a rom on the internal storage in order to follow that guide. Currently my transformer cannot boot into Android and the ClockworkMod does not see the external SD card.

My main question remains : how to get files onto internal storage?

barkeater

Aug 15, 2014
Buffalo NY
Thanks for your reply but it is unfortunately not very helpful. I need to have a rom on the internal storage in order to follow that guide. Currently my transformer cannot boot into Android and the ClockworkMod does not see the external SD card.

My main question remains : how to get files onto internal storage?

No you don't. Read them again. You are flashing the stock rom from computer which is connected to the tablet.