[UPDATE][ICS]Stock Android 4.0.3 IML77, Root, via CWM Recovery (US Wi-Fi MZ604)

Search This thread

klenovsky

Apr 18, 2006
Sofia
some problem here... I've got stuck on boot animation after flashing. I left it to load it loaded for more than 1 hour but nothing happened. Cannot power off just restarting...
Any ideas?

FIXED!!! entered recovery via vol down and wiped data,cashe and dalvik and after reboot loaded instantly

Last edited:

mehras1991

Aug 18, 2010
Nicosia
there is no full Arabic menus but it can read any Arabic letters and to write you just need to install Arabic keyboard i use " swift x tablet " keyboard with no problems
BS
I tried EOS which is AOSP based, they have everysingle language on the planet both for menu & stoc keyboard, they better add other languages sooner

garveygibbs

Jan 8, 2011
some problem here... I've got stuck on boot animation after flashing. I left it to load it loaded for more than 1 hour but nothing happened. Cannot power off just restarting...
Any ideas?

FIXED!!! entered recovery via vol down and wiped data,cashe and dalvik and after reboot loaded instantly

what recovery are you using ?

ali4ek

Jun 12, 2010
Tried with both recoveries, wiped cache and Dalvik before updating from the zip, won't update, gives me error (Status 7).

Ah well, I'll live with the current ICS for now.

Warell

Jan 4, 2011
Working for me!
Thanks a lot for the very good job!

Now, how can we install busybox in this rom?

stachre

Mar 30, 2011
failed to stat "/system/build.prop"
No such file or directory
E:Error in /sdcard/update_US-Xoom-WiFi-4.0-IML77_stachre_v01.zip(Status 7)

what can I do I get stuck on logo motorola

please help
getting the same error here on rouge and solarnz recovery,made md5 check, wiped cash, factory reset, dalvik and still getting the same message!!
any help??

Are you getting this error when the update starts? If not, when?

What ROM are you running when attempting the update?

My updater-script does mount /system and performs a quick check to verify that "ro.product.model" == "Xoom" in the /system/build.prop to prevent errant loading onto the wrong device entirely. Straight AOSP has this value as "Full AOSP on Wingray" and other ROM's, particularly those based on the emulator, may have something different. I need to update the script to include these variables.

If the value didn't match, there should be an assert failed message, with the update aborting. This message is different.

I've attached a version updater-script with the check removed for those who are having issues with the check. Hope this helps until the issue is resolved.

Last edited:

stachre

Mar 30, 2011
Full AOSP on Wingray latest
recovery 4.0.0.4
Tried several times and now returned to "Full AOSP on Wingray"

Try the updater-script attached to the OP. I've included instructions under Post-Update Notes.

I'm looking at other ROM's right now for other potential values of ro.product.model before putting up a new package.

Last edited:

motazsayed

Oct 28, 2009
Cairo
Are you getting this error when the update starts? If not, when?

What ROM are you running when attempting the update?

My updater-script does mount /system and performs a quick check to verify that "ro.product.model" == "Xoom" in the <i>/system/build.prop</i> to prevent errant loading onto the wrong device entirely. Straight AOSP has this value as "Full AOSP on Wingray" and other ROM's, particularly those based on the emulator, may have something different. I need to update the script to include these variables.

If the value didn't match, there should be an assert failed message, with the update aborting. This message is different.

I've attached a version updater-script with the check removed for those who are having issues with the check. Hope this helps until the issue is resolved.

You can always

It happened to me at the start when I'm flashing the ROM, after wiping everything, when I tried to flash it and also now I'm using the Chinese ICS leak.
Going to try the update script and will report back, Thanks.

Edit :
Replacing the update script file works :D, Just Finished flashing the ROM Without any Trouble,and the Rom Works on my non US Version :D Thanks Again for your HELP :D

Edit 2 : I had some trouble with the root privileges, apps were granted root but couldn't function so I flashed the updated universal root file by solarnz, updated superuser after reboot and now root privileges are working super :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+1]BEFORE YOU BEGIN[/size]

CUSTOM ROM AVAILABILITY: This is a stock rooted update (stock ROM, stock kernel), NOT a full-featured custom ROM. If you want the latest custom features implemented by Team EOS, install the appropriate Team EOS ROM (Team EOS Xoom 3G/4G MZ602 ICS ROM) (Team EOS Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604 ICS ROM); otherwise, if you want stock 4.0.3 IML77 ROM and kernel with root, continue below.

COMPATIBILITY: This update is for the US Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604 ONLY!!! If you have a Xoom 3G/4G, this procedure may break your device. If you have a non-US Xoom Wi-Fi, this procedure may break your device (though some have reported success). The update script verifies only whether the device identifies itself as a Xoom, performing NO CHECKS on the exact model of Xoom before flashing rooted stock 4.0.3 IML77 system and boot images. This means it won't stop you from flashing on a non-US or 3G/4G device; it will just flash and you're left with the mess (if any). Please proceed only if you're tech-savvy with Android and the Xoom, backed up and ready to restore in case of issues, and good at troubleshooting. Please provide feedback and corrections, and I'll update the post as quickly as I can. Thanks!

WARNING: Following this procedure may damage or permamently destroy your device. This procedure is provided with NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Perform this procedure at your own risk.

[size=+1]SUMMARY[/size]

This is a modded update package (update.zip) that updates the US Xoom Wi-Fi from any ROM to stock rooted Android 4.0.3 IML77 using ClockworkMod Recovery:
    • Flashes bootloader from a previous update (3.2.1 HTK55D) to ensure integrity
    • Flashes the boot partition with rooted stock 4.0.3 boot image, stock kernel
    • Stock ICS update fixed the Bluetooth tethering issue that was introduced in 3.2
    • Stock kernel includes no extras (overclocking, etc.) from custom kernels
    • Flashes system partition with rooted stock 4.0.3 image (minus the recovery overwrite script)
    • Includes Superuser.apk 3.0.7 and su binary to enable functioning root (thanks, chainsdd)
    • Hardware SDCard continues to be read-only via documented application permissions
    • Leaves existing recovery partition intact (stock 4.0.3 update overwrites it on every reboot)
    • Leaves user data intact (note: some users updating from custom ROM's recommend wiping data/factory reset to prevent issues)

[size=+1]PREPARATION[/size]

[size=+1]PROCEDURE[/size]
    1. Backup your data
      If you have issues with this update, you may need to "wipe data/factory reset" before the system will fully boot properly. For some, simply copying the contents of the Xoom's internal storage (mostly music, pictures, videos, etc.) to their PC is enough. Others require backup of their apps, app data, etc. using more robust solutions like Titanium Backup. Backup your data according to your needs.
    2. Copy/download the modded Android 4.0.3 Update package to the SDCard
    3. Reboot into recovery
      • Reboot your Xoom
      • When the Motorola logo splash screen appears, press the Volume Down button to scroll through boot options and select "--> Android Recovery"
      • Press the Volume Up button to enter Android recovery
    4. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
      Note that in recovery, you use the hardware volume buttons to navigate up and down, and the power button to select. Note also that if you are coming over from a custom ROM, users suggest backing up data and doing a "wipe data/factory reset" in ClockworkMod Recovery instead.
      • Select "wipe cache partition"
      • Select "Yes - Wipe Cache"
      • Select "advanced"
      • Select "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
      • Select "Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache"
      • Select "+++++Go Back+++++"
    5. Optional: Perform nandroid backup (long)
      If you have issues with this update, you may need to "wipe data/factory reset" before the system will fully boot properly. Performing a nandroid backup in ClockworkMod Recovery allows you to fully restore your device's state if you need to revert for whatever reason. Note that backing up even a bare system runs a few minutes, so this could take a very long time and require the availability of a power charger. You also need sufficient free space on your SDCard to perform the backup; the backup process does not verify required space before starting, simply failing (and wasting your time) if it runs out.
      • Select "backup and restore"
      • Select "Backup"
      • Be patient :)

"Backup complete!" will indicate that the update is completed.
    6. Perform update
      • Select "install zip from sdcard"
      • Select "choose zip from sdcard"
      • Select the modded Android 4.0.3 update package
      • Select "Yes - Install <filename>"

"Install from sdcard complete." will indicate that the update is completed.
      • Select "+++++Go Back+++++"
      • Select "reboot system now"

New bootloader will install. The message, "Congratulation! Your bootloader was successfully upgraded" will be immediately followed by an automatic reboot.
    7. Enjoy your rooted Xoom Wi-Fi, running on Android 4.0.3 IML77!

[size=+1]POST-UPDATE NOTES[/size]

• Stuck on Motorola logo/Bootloops: Users report "Wipe data/factory reset" in ClockworkMod Recovery often resolves this issue.
    • /system/build.prop errors: The updater-script mounts system and verifies that the product is a Xoom according to build.prop to prevent updating a completely different device. Some users are reporting issues with this. Until the issue is resolved in the update package, a version of the updater-script with this check removed (attached to this post) can be used:
      1. Download the attached updater-script_no-buildprop-check.txt
      2. Rename to updater-script
      3. Make a backup copy of the update package
      4. Open the update package in an archive manager (Winzip is usually a no-go; use 7zip in Windows)
      5. Navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android and replace updater-script with the one you downloaded
      6. If necessary, save the archive
      7. Follow the update procedure above

[size=+1]CHANGELOG[/size]

• v03: Accommodate devices running AOSP and Chinese leaked ROM's.
    • v02: (unreleased test)
    • v01: First release, IML77; includes root, Superuser.apk, su
    [size=+1]UPDATE PACKAGE DETAILS (v01)[/size]

BOOTLOADER: flashed with stock 4.0.3 IML77 bootloader
    • Extracted from a previous update package (3.2.1 HTK55D)
    • Bootloader flashed after reboot
    Code:
    BCT[4->4] (vendor: 0x101 product: 0x5454 vers: 0x0)
    RECOVERY: not flashed; left intact​

BOOT: flashed with modded stock 4.0.3 IML77 boot image with stock kernel
    • Kernel: flashed with stock 4.0.3 IML77 kernel
      • 2.6.39.4-gf03a679 android-build@apa28 #1
      • Includes no extras (overclocking, etc.) from custom kernels
    • default.prop: modded IML77 default.prop (ramdisk)
      Code:
      ro.secure=0
      ro.allow.mock.location=1
      ro.debuggable=1
      persist.sys.usb.config=mtp
    SYSTEM: flashed with modded stock 4.0.3 IML77 system image
    • build.prop: stock 4.0.3 IML77 build.prop
      Code:
      ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/tervigon/wingray:4.0.3/IML77/239789:user/release-keys
      ro.build.description=tervigon-user 4.0.3 IML77 239789 release-keys
    • REMOVED: Stock recovery install script, patch
    • ADDED: Superuser.apk 3.0.7 and su binary to enable functioning root (thanks, chainsdd)
    • Hardware SDCard continues to be read-only via documented application permissions
    USERDATA: Launcher favorites updated with new Market intent (included in stock update from Google)
    • /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/launcher.db: updated with new Market intent.
    I have uploaded stock rooted in my thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1571467

I would also love a similar 4.0.4 update, please!

Update notification is becoming annoying...
    Perfect. Off to the store to snag a card.

Cheers!

Flash this recovery. It allows you to see both memory cards and is awesome!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16992697

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium