just got nexus 5, problem already

Search This thread

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
hi all

Just got my nexus 5, booted it up and it got to the pick a language screen, went to change it and nothing! the touch screen just was not working..i could not turn it off as i could not press power off when i switched the button etc...it was like this for about 10 mins...i phoned the place i got it from and was in the middle of boxing it up to return it when all of a sudden bam! it worked! i have been using it for the past hour and its fine! switched it on and off dozens of times and its perfect!

Anyone else had this? i get 28 days to send it back if its faulty but they said on the phone they would check to see if it was faulty before sending out replacement and if they got it now it would look like there is nothing wrong..so i guess ill have to see how it goes

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
It's working perfectly for me since unboxing,so wait and see,if this problem will appear again,return it.

raptir

May 4, 2010
I had this happen with both a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5 after flashing a factory image. I ended up rebooting using the power + vol down combination.

My guess is that it's just a bug in the Setup app.

fleen

Feb 10, 2014
hi all

Just got my nexus 5, booted it up and it got to the pick a language screen, went to change it and nothing! the touch screen just was not working..i could not turn it off as i could not press power off when i switched the button etc...it was like this for about 10 mins...i phoned the place i got it from and was in the middle of boxing it up to return it when all of a sudden bam! it worked! i have been using it for the past hour and its fine! switched it on and off dozens of times and its perfect!

Anyone else had this? i get 28 days to send it back if its faulty but they said on the phone they would check to see if it was faulty before sending out replacement and if they got it now it would look like there is nothing wrong..so i guess ill have to see how it goes

Next time if you want to turn it off long long pressing the power button will eventually turn it off