Video Recording Quality

How would you rate the video capture on the M8?

• Very good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Poor

• Total voters
Search This thread

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
There are a few negative reviews about the video capture quality on the M8 which include dropped frames and focus issues. watching samples on YouTube doesn't really demonstrate the best it can be due to the compression.

If you're an M8 owner, how do you rate the video capture? Is the lack of IOS an issue?

If you can you share a raw file so it can be viewed without any YouTube compression and artifacts that would be great.

Thanks

siksik6

Apr 2, 2004
There are a few negative reviews about the video capture quality on the M8 which include dropped frames and focus issues. watching samples on YouTube doesn't really demonstrate the best it can be due to the compression.

If you're an M8 owner, how do you rate the video capture? Is the lack of IOS an issue?

If you can you share a raw file so it can be viewed without any YouTube compression and artifacts that would be great.

Thanks

I've been happy with it. I even recorded my kids on a zip-wire at the weekend, and it didn't seem any "shakier" than any of my OIS enabled phones. I'll upload a sample if I get chance today via dropbox or something.

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
I'll step outside and record a video for ya real quick, gimmie a few minutes.

Uploading now, kinda overcast skies @ 7pm on the east coast so not a whole lot of daylight, u will see. About 3 minutes to upload and I'll add the link in this post.

::EDIT::

Here is the drop box link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odzrtefbzvckyfh/VIDEO0002.mp4

Thanks for uploading that. It seems to suffer from motion stutter when panning. This doesn't happen on the M7. Colours look quite dull too. This is what i'm seeing elsewhere. Maybe it can be improved with an update?

Cr0is4d3

Mar 29, 2014
Taipei
Thanks for uploading that. It seems to suffer from motion stutter when panning. This doesn't happen on the M7. Colours look quite dull too. This is what i'm seeing elsewhere. Maybe it can be improved with an update?

I hope the OTA can fix it cause I found that the camera didn't close very smoothly when returning to the lockscreen with the phone locked.

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
Any more thoughts on this? I've bumped as I'm keen to buy this today, but a bit put off by the video capture. Many thanks! :)

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Any more thoughts on this? I've bumped as I'm keen to buy this today, but a bit put off by the video capture. Many thanks! :)
hi! as you would like users to rate the video recording quality, wouldn't be better to add a poll in the thread? this way it would be easier to rate and understand the result, as we can "see" them without looking for ratings in the thread... just my opinion :)

Onem8

Apr 5, 2014
Yesterday i was on a concert and it was pretty dark. The quality was great and the sound even better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll step outside and record a video for ya real quick, gimmie a few minutes.

Uploading now, kinda overcast skies @ 7pm on the east coast so not a whole lot of daylight, u will see. About 3 minutes to upload and I'll add the link in this post.

::EDIT::

Here is the drop box link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odzrtefbzvckyfh/VIDEO0002.mp4