[Q] Jelly Bean Launcher

Search This thread

AndroidDR01Ds

Dec 7, 2013
Hey Guys!

I was wondering about my Jelly Bean Software/Firmware, 4.2.2. It is running on my phone, BLU Studio 5.0 II.
With this stock software/firmware, I am satisfied with its features.

However, there is one thing I do not like.
In the App Drawer, you are unable to hide/reveal any apps, nor move them around in the app drawer itself. Instead, it automatically puts every app in Alphabetical Order.

Is there a way to fully customize this?

Please ask questions about clarification.

Thanks for reading.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
There are dozens of different launchers in the Play Store and most of them offer that feature. I've tried lots of them but hands down the best I've used across a wide range of devices for overall customization, speed, and stability is Nova Launcher.

AndroidDR01Ds

Dec 7, 2013
There are dozens of different launchers in the Play Store and most of them offer that feature. I've tried lots of them but hands down the best I've used across a wide range of devices for overall customization, speed, and stability is Nova Launcher.

Indeed that is a possibility, but now that you clarify it..

I meant, is it possible to edit my current Launcher.apk's content to add in a Sort Feature, and/or hide/reveal apps?
If so, is there a tutorial for that kind of stuff?

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Theoretically it is possible, but pretty sure it would involve a quite a bit of smali coding, which can be very confusing if you aren't used to it (and often even if you are). I don't know of any generic guides for that kind of thing though. The amount of time and effort involved in figuring that out would probably outweigh any of the benefits, unless you are dead set on the learning aspect of it.