[Q] About the "REAL" hidden camera features

Search This thread

GodOfPsychos

Mar 15, 2014
Solingen
does anybody know how to get the "ladybug" icon in the lower right corner for the motorola camera app on stock rom???
i already read that some users got this icon by installing the motorola camera app to another rom (CM11, Paranoid Android etc.)

for those who don't know what i mean, here are some pictures that i found:

you can see the ladybug icon in the lower right corner
xeUOoNdl.png

after pressing on this icon you get a bunch of new features and settings like this
RwPumYKl.png
Zx4J8xTl.png

so, does anyone know how we can make these settings accessable for stock users?

Last edited:

dr34m3r94

Jul 3, 2014
New Delhi
does anybody know how to get the "ladybug" icon in the lower right corner for the motorola camera app on stock rom???
i already read that some users got this icon by installing the motorola camera app to another rom (CM11, Paranoid Android etc.)

so, does anyone know how we can make these settings accessable for stock users?

It's probably a feature of the camera app on AOSP based ROMs. You should probably consider extracting the camera.apk file from system/app from the zip file of one the ROMs you mentioned and install it on stock. That should work theoretically.
Hope it helps.

Cheers!

GodOfPsychos

Mar 15, 2014
Solingen
Already tried to extract the apk file and install it. But it force closes. These Features are already in the original Motorola Camera app from the playstore (and doesn't mean that it is just for aosp Roms). CM11 doesn't have the Motorola Camera built in, but you still get the ladybug Icon to get more settings if you install the app. They are just not visible. I also decompiled and edited the bools.xml to activate some of the Features like dual Video encode etc. But it is really annoying to decompile the apk every time when it gets a playstore update.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

contesauce

Feb 13, 2013
Honolulu
Has anyone heard anything about this, I actually stumbled across this trying to find the apk for the camera after installing cyanogenmod and missing the moto camera, I noticed the ladybug, unfortunately camera crashes after taking picture so had to switch back to stock with xposed. I liked the many options in the camera that were available though.

GodOfPsychos

Mar 15, 2014
Solingen
sorry to bump up this thread, but it is something most people wanted to have. the wavelet noise option might be the key why the photos are so bad. so please, anyone respond. maybe someone can port the Paranoid Android Camera to work with stock roms?