MK808 Keeps switching off - Please help?

Search This thread

jmzoakley

Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for looking, I have searched but can't find the answer.

I've just received an MK808b in the post today and it runs ok, but when I run XBMC, or Chrome, or sometimes just randomly it switches off. No warning, just blue screen and I have to unplug, then replug and it starts again.

Any ideas what is happening here and how to fix it?
I've been reading about installing Finless, which I may attempt later, but awaiting a reply from the seller before I do anything, not sure it's a faulty unit or there is something software related causing the problem.

I'd be most grateful for any help here, thanks.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for looking, I have searched but can't find the answer.

I've just received an MK808b in the post today and it runs ok, but when I run XBMC, or Chrome, or sometimes just randomly it switches off. No warning, just blue screen and I have to unplug, then replug and it starts again.

Any ideas what is happening here and how to fix it?
I've been reading about installing Finless, which I may attempt later, but awaiting a reply from the seller before I do anything, not sure it's a faulty unit or there is something software related causing the problem.

I'd be most grateful for any help here, thanks.

It possible a bad flash/bad app, try a factory reset, if issue not resolved, just reflash the rom.

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
This sounds like your power supply is too weak, this is a very common problem with these sticks. If possible try another power supply, maybe from a tablet. It has to deliver at least 2 amperes.

PS: I would not suggest flashing a finless rom because they are very outdated. It is also very important that you DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING until you are 100% sure which hardware version you have (there are about 10-15 different ones that are all sold as MK808B).

Last edited: