{Mod /How to}Remove Wireless Charging Notification 2.04.605.2 710RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Here is a mod that *should* disable wireless charging in the latest verizon update...

***I do not have a charger to test, but this is the same change I did in 1.15 for ViperDNA and it was successful...please make a backup before flashing! You may need to have services signature checking disabled to use this, ask your rom developer to do so***

• changes systemui.apk
  • disables wireless charging popup/notification
  • works on stock deodex or odex

****this will overwrite any other mods you have installed for systemui***

Download

***Feel free to include this in your rom/project, just properly credit, thanks!

For 2.04 Verizon 2/15 OTA
remove_wc_2.04.zip: link removed til i fix it
md5:

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
For Developers Only!

how to apply this mod to your SystemUI project:

navigate to:

smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusbarPolicy.smali

search for:

Code:
.method private final showWirelessChargingStatusForVzW

wholesale replace the method with this:

Code:
.method private final showWirelessChargingStatusForVzW(Landroid/content/Intent;)V
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
.end method

worked on 1.15 in viperDNA, no guarantees it works correctly in 2.04...some feedback would be helpful :angel:

(these seem like overly simplistic code changes in changing a 600 line method to the above, but should work fine...yes there are other ways to do it)

Last edited:

MustafaHadaKing

Aug 2, 2011
Boston
For Developers Only!

navigate to:

search for:

Code:

Code:
.method private final showWirelessChargingStatusForVzW(Landroid/content/Intent;)V
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
.end method

worked on 1.15 in viperDNA, no guarantees it works correctly in 2.04...some feedback would be helpful :angel:

(these seem like overly simplistic code changes in changing a 600 line method to the above, but should work fine...yes there are other ways to do it)

Flashed the zip and the systemui force closes on boot and their is no longer a status bar on 2.04

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Flashed the zip and the systemui force closes on boot and their is no longer a status bar on 2.04

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

tell me what the logcat says from the fc, because i pushed the systemui over viperDNA on 1.15 and it doesnt force close

its possible you may need signature checking disabled in services.jar (it is in viper)

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
tell me what the logcat says from the fc, because i pushed the systemui over viperDNA on 1.15 and it doesnt force close

its possible you may need signature checking disabled in services.jar (it is in viper)

I tried disabling signature checking in the services.jar but didn't seem to help. So that means one of two things 1.) I screwed up the services.jar 2.) thats not the problem. Thanks for your help. I'd be happy to post the modified services.jar if you think it would help.

Reactions: MustafaHadaKing

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
I tried disabling signature checking in the services.jar but didn't seem to help. So that means one of two things 1.) I screwed up the services.jar 2.) thats not the problem. Thanks for your help. I'd be happy to post the modified services.jar if you think it would help.

hrmm, ill look at it more when im on 2.04

does the statusbar crash on install, or when you start wireless charging?

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
After doing the OTA update to 2.0.4, I reflashed Viper and all the Viper updates back to 1.1.3, and it still works on the new firmware. Just sayin. But you probably already knew that.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Any other advantages to disabling signature checking? Is that something I should keep or dump it? Also anyway to check to see if its really disabled?

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Any other advantages to disabling signature checking? Is that something I should keep or dump it? Also anyway to check to see if its really disabled?

some mods to various apps or the manifest in them will prevent the apks / jars from working properly w/o signature checking disabled

if you tie a string to it you ll see it in logcat :silly:

also using apks from other phones (butterfly for example) require this

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
some mods to various apps or the manifest in them will prevent the apks / jars from working properly w/o signature checking disabled

if you tie a string to it you ll see it in logcat :silly:

also using apks from other phones (butterfly for example) require this

Interesting probably take me all day to figure out what that means, LOL..

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
any chance someone wants to look at my services.jar and see if I edited it correctly? If not I understand..

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Maybe this should be in its own thread but i'm gonna put it here anyway..

So this is the page I used to try and unsecured the services.jar

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1698352

and I thought I would attach the PackageManagerService.smali and someone could quickly look and see if I did it correctly.

and maybe not thats ok too..

Attachments

• PackageManagerService.zip
    99.1 KB · Views: 3

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Maybe this should be in its own thread but i'm gonna put it here anyway..

So this is the page I used to try and unsecured the services.jar

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1698352

and I thought I would attach the PackageManagerService.smali and someone could quickly look and see if I did it correctly.

and maybe not thats ok too..

that should be fine...i do it a bit differently, but the mod looks ok

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Reactions: zone23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a mod that *should* disable wireless charging in the latest verizon update...

***I do not have a charger to test, but this is the same change I did in 1.15 for ViperDNA and it was successful...please make a backup before flashing! You may need to have services signature checking disabled to use this, ask your rom developer to do so***

• changes systemui.apk
    • disables wireless charging popup/notification
    • works on stock deodex or odex

****this will overwrite any other mods you have installed for systemui***

Download

***Feel free to include this in your rom/project, just properly credit, thanks!

For 2.04 Verizon 2/15 OTA
    remove_wc_2.04.zip: link removed til i fix it
    md5:
    For Developers Only!

navigate to:

smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusbarPolicy.smali

search for:

Code:

Code:
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
    .end method

Was talking about his but just tested and yours works too :D Any chance of eliminating the screen on when charging?

I will look into that, didn't realize that occurred as well. Thanks for testing!

The Screen-On I believe is in part with actually plugging in the phone (which also causes it to turn on), so If that is disabled it will cancel it for both.
    if someone on a deodexed version of our ota and has a wireless charger wants to try this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15331201/HtcPowerManager.apk

it may or may not remove the charging nag...lmk