[Q] Cloudy Pro II - LS980, no data/network settings

Search This thread

Leonarthius

Nov 24, 2011
New York
I have installed this ROM and I absolutely love it. I have one problem with it, though. I have no data at all. I tried looking for the LTEConfig.apk to delete this and it's not present in /system as it is suggested. I also cannot change my APN settings because I am unable to click on network settings, as a matter of fact I cannot even turn it on. There is even no option to update the PRL/Profile like most roms. I'm using the LS890 - Sprint Variant. I flashed the LS890-BS-Cloudy.zip and it didn't help as I have no other issues other than the missing network settings. Anyone else having this issue? If so, any fix to this?

Swakiny

Apr 28, 2012
I have installed this ROM and I absolutely love it. I have one problem with it, though. I have no data at all. I tried looking for the LTEConfig.apk to delete this and it's not present in /system as it is suggested. I also cannot change my APN settings because I am unable to click on network settings, as a matter of fact I cannot even turn it on. There is even no option to update the PRL/Profile like most roms. I'm using the LS890 - Sprint Variant. I flashed the LS890-BS-Cloudy.zip and it didn't help as I have no other issues other than the missing network settings. Anyone else having this issue? If so, any fix to this?

Try to flash LS980 Modem(Via TWRP or other recovery tool):

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Leonarthius

Nov 24, 2011
New York
I've tried that, and this...

Try to flash LS980 Modem(Via TWRP or other recovery tool):

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I've tried flashing that as well and it's no go. My network settings option is completely grayed out and I can't do anything.

SNZs8jn.png

@Cloudyfa , is there any fix for this?

I installed the baseband before the rom, then the rom, went through my setup, installed everything, rebooted, nothing, installed the bootstack as per this post, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51974589&postcount=281&nocache=1 and nothing.

Swakiny

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I've tried flashing that as well and it's no go. My network settings option is completely grayed out and I can't do anything.

SNZs8jn.png

@Cloudyfa , is there any fix for this?

I installed the baseband before the rom, then the rom, went through my setup, installed everything, rebooted, nothing, installed the bootstack as per this post, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51974589&postcount=281&nocache=1 and nothing.

Stupid ask, but... have you tried to wipe cache,davilk etc?

Leonarthius

Nov 24, 2011
New York
Stupid ask, but... have you tried to wipe cache,davilk etc?

Yes, yes I have. I idiotically flashed the radio from the ZVC update which gave me a boot certificate error and ended up flashing zv8 from the tot so I'm starting all over again. This time around I'm upgrading from ZV9 to Cloudy Pro II. Let's see how that goes. I'll be done in a few minutes. I'll post back afterwards.

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
Yes, yes I have. I idiotically flashed the radio from the ZVC update which gave me a boot certificate error and ended up flashing zv8 from the tot so I'm starting all over again. This time around I'm upgrading from ZV9 to Cloudy Pro II. Let's see how that goes. I'll be done in a few minutes. I'll post back afterwards.
Try pull down the notification bar and long-press "Data"

Reactions: Leonarthius

LilDemon124

Sep 25, 2013
Theres a fix for that already.

1.)Make sure you have root

2.)Download APN Backup from play store and system/app mover

3.)use system/app mover to make APN Backup a system app

4.) Open APN Backup and press the menu button and click disable ICS

5.) Backup your apns

6.)flash ROM of choice

7.) Repeat steps 1 through 4

8.) Restore apn

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leonarthius

Leonarthius

Nov 24, 2011
New York

5.) Backup your apns

6.)flash ROM of choice

8.) Restore apn

So just to be clear, I'll do this on my stock KITKAT rom, back up, flash cloudy pro 2, restore, and profit??? :D
I'll give it a try right now!!!
@Cloudyfa this is something that should be on your faqs thread. I'll confirm if it works for me in a few seconds!

Leonarthius

Nov 24, 2011
New York
Yup. It works. Thank you so much! I wish I didn't have to go through all of this to make it work, as it would be great to just have a PRL/Profile update button back on the settings, but this is a nice workaround.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try pull down the notification bar and long-press "Data"

5.) Backup your apns

6.)flash ROM of choice

8.) Restore apn