APK should also build bootanimations?

• Why not? :)

Votes: 233 94.7%
  • No, Hell!

Votes: 13 5.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Brendo

I've just tried replacing my boot animation using the APK in the second post, it all seemed to work ok (i.e. preview worked, the 'Apply' function completed without error), but when I reboot I still have the old boot anim. I'm running CM10 on an SGS2.

Any ideas?

ahhh... Maybe read the post before yours? Chances are that it it's a permissions thing

-----
Sent from my GT-P7310 CM10 using XDA Premium HD app

robdood

Sep 26, 2011
ahhh... Maybe read the post before yours? Chances are that it it's a permissions thing

-----
Sent from my GT-P7310 CM10 using XDA Premium HD app

Apologies :)

Am trying to change the permissions on the file (using Root Browser Lite) but for some unexplained reason it's failing. I just get a message saying something like "Failed to change file permissions. Some systems prevent permission changes. " Seems a bit strange, considering my phone is rooted!

Any ideas? I've tried google but only seem to find stuff about how it's impossible on a FAT32 formatted disk system to change permissions. If that's true how do others manage to change the permissions?

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Apologies :)

Am trying to change the permissions on the file (using Root Browser Lite) but for some unexplained reason it's failing. I just get a message saying something like "Failed to change file permissions. Some systems prevent permission changes. " Seems a bit strange, considering my phone is rooted!

Any ideas? I've tried google but only seem to find stuff about how it's impossible on a FAT32 formatted disk system to change permissions. If that's true how do others manage to change the permissions?

Remount system rw.
Change folder permission first sometimes help if file permission change is not working.

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830 mit Tapatalk 2

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
good job. like it so much. so simple, but it so hard following your step in your video, to fast.
can i get the steps by text or something else. thank you so much

jpalpano

Jul 10, 2012
Manila
How do I fit the animation to my screen? Or maybe resize it?

I was able to download the Galaxy S3 bootanimation and the Galaxy Note bootanimation somewhere.

I used your app to install them. It works but it is too big for the screen, so I only see the lower left portion of it.

I tried unzipping the bootanimatin.zip file, then edited the desc.txt file and changed 800 1280 30 into 480 800 30, then I zipped it again.
You app was able to read it and install, but when the system restarted, I did not see anything at all. It was just a blank screen.

Thanks in advance. Your app is awesome.

hpcol2

Jun 30, 2012
D4 Bootanimation

I keep getting an error message when trying to backup my current bootanimation.

riorancho

Oct 22, 2010
Not Sowing Up Black Screen

Don't know what I am doing wrong. Loaded zip file, shows up and plays in Bootanimation Manager, click apply and reboot and get a black screen. Checked the file location, opened up part1 and the right file is there named bootanimation.zip. So what could be the problem folks us ing Razr Verizon
Location data/local

set permission to rw, rw r and tried r rw r still not loading

Last edited:

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
Why does app request permissions 4 times ?

I tried the app to change bootanimation but it failed when applying permission on runtime.
The app requests permissions 4 times from beginning until setting new bootanimations, but does not wait for su app to give it the required permissions, as it says everything is okay ~ "Successfully Installed", but the bootanimation.zip did not change.

It seems it only works with permissions already set.
Is it necessary to request permissions 4 times, shouldn't once on initial start-up be enough ?
[ it requests - I believe once on initial start-up, then 3 times during change of bootanimation.zip ]

Also, the app should wait for su app to grant permissions during apply of new zip package.
And, it should not say "Successfully Installed" when in fact it failed to copy new package.

Suggestions,
Is it possible to make the arrow below "Swipe down to load bootanimation" and "Swipe down to stop playing" move a little slower,
as when previewing animations it is slightly distracting.

sjakie71

Aug 23, 2010
Zeist
Didn't work on my HTC HD2 with Skinks Clean Desire..
After getting the message "succesfully installed", no changes were made to the bootanimation. I think the app copies the bootanimation.zip to the wrong path as the original one (stored in system\customize\resources) hasn't changed at all!
So I'm wondering which path this app is using to store the new bootanimation.

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
After getting the message "succesfully installed", no changes were made to the bootanimation. I think the app copies the bootanimation.zip to the wrong path as the original one (stored in system\customize\resources) hasn't changed at all!

/data/local. I may give a new update to Bootanimation Manager in some time, adding customizable path, and a few bugfixes

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
/data/local. I may give a new update to Bootanimation Manager in some time, adding customizable path, and a few bugfixes

Shouldn't it install to system/media ?
As I did find the bootanimation.zip in the data/local folder after all,
But, on reboot the zip package in system/media gets shown.

ELPABLO07

Jan 8, 2009
This is a easy tool for managing Bootanimations ;)

PC Version no longer supported

REQUIREMENTS
Android OS [2.2+]
Phone Rooted
Superuser
Busybox
ANY File explorer with txt/csv mimetype (like Root Explorer or OI FileManager)
Human or similar

FEATURES:
Backups current bootanimation to SD (both, system and data bootanimation)
Installs new bootanimation.zip (no need to change name)
Show Preview of any Bootanimation (no CWM files, no MIUI ones)
Save preview of current showing bootanimation (adjustable framerate since 1.1)*
*This feature needs time, because we're saving frame by frame, so it depends on the size of the images (480x800 will be slower than 240x320)

COMING FEATURES
Build bootanimations from PNG sequence - Almost done right now, still a bit messed up at organization of frames
Build bootanimations from GIF
Resize bootanimations
Get bootanimation default size from current bootanimation on phone **
**Not sure if will work

EXAMPLE OF PREVIEW.GIF:
preview.gif

Yes is 11mb gif ! (and I've made some 25mb ones)

Software Preview:

BUG REPORTING AND FEATURE REQUEST

If you're gonna report a bug, please be sure following this steps

If you're gonna request a feature, please do the first step of bug reporting :)

Used AnimatedGifEncoder class From Here

Please give me ideas, and report errors, I will appreciate that
Cheers From Colombia.

Dude you are awesome! It's really good and something to be proud as well that a Paisano do stuffs like this one! Cheers!

wascapsfan

Account currently disabled
Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Doesn't work on Thunderbolt.
I see my bootanimation that I want working perfectly in the preview screen when I first try it.
It says the bottload change was successful, then asks if I want to reboot. I said yes and it gets hung up although it will let me back up to get out of the locked out rebooting screen.
Still brings up the HTC screen, then Beats audio.
I installed the bootanimation in the System/Customize/resource and replaced the original bootanimation from the rom with my bootanimation.
The down animation has not been touched. I also have my boot animation in data/local AND in system/media.
Still doesn't work.

Any advice????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a easy tool for managing Bootanimations ;)

PC Version no longer supported

REQUIREMENTS
    Android OS [2.2+]
    Phone Rooted
    Superuser
    Busybox
    ANY File explorer with txt/csv mimetype (like Root Explorer or OI FileManager)
    Human or similar

FEATURES:
    Backups current bootanimation to SD (both, system and data bootanimation)
    Installs new bootanimation.zip (no need to change name)
    Show Preview of any Bootanimation (no CWM files, no MIUI ones)
    Save preview of current showing bootanimation (adjustable framerate since 1.1)*
    *This feature needs time, because we're saving frame by frame, so it depends on the size of the images (480x800 will be slower than 240x320)

COMING FEATURES
    Build bootanimations from PNG sequence - Almost done right now, still a bit messed up at organization of frames
    Build bootanimations from GIF
    Resize bootanimations
    Get bootanimation default size from current bootanimation on phone **
    **Not sure if will work

EXAMPLE OF PREVIEW.GIF:
    preview.gif

Yes is 11mb gif ! (and I've made some 25mb ones)

Software Preview:

BUG REPORTING AND FEATURE REQUEST

If you're gonna report a bug, please be sure following this steps
    1. Please, be polite, I'm doing this for free and for fun, you don't have the right to ignore all my work, and all the hours I spent doing this. I will just laugh on non-polite reports / requests
    2. Write clear, the steps you followed for reproduce the issue, not just "x thing dont work, fix it"
    3. If possible, attach a logcat

If you're gonna request a feature, please do the first step of bug reporting :)

Used AnimatedGifEncoder class From Here

Please give me ideas, and report errors, I will appreciate that
    Cheers From Colombia.
    Changelog:

Stable release, fixed the bug backing up without previously previewing
    ICS layout implemented (ics menu look, and ics progressbars)
    Code cleanup, and optimization
    Added framerate selection when saving preview

1.0b
    Initial release

MD5 : B0D9B72DD88CABAD1B8611F18E39645C
    An idea. Since the preview is done in 240x320....can you increase that to like 480x800 since most others are using WVGA devices..and the preview would better...

I have to consideer making it usable on any device, so it will be 240x320, it's enough for previewing any bootanimation

Preview of the APK on my phone (all the day porting.. damn)