[APP] Skyrocket MMS for Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Search This thread

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
that's where i was looking, i decompiled and looked in the smali folder. let me try searching it

could there, perhaps, be a decompile issue? What i mean is: rujelus22 is right about the smali edit, but there was a decompile issue and the smali folder isn't displayed correctly for you? shootin in the dark here...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: scarmon25

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
could there, perhaps, be a decompile issue? What i mean is: rujelus22 is right about the smali edit, but there was a decompile issue and the smali folder isn't displayed correctly for you? shootin in the dark here...

let me try doing it a few different ways to make sure the results are consistant

Edit. Decompiled using dependencies in apk manager and apk tool. diffed the two output folders. no differences that i could see. composemessagefragment smali isnt in the UI folder. folowed the exact path. maybe its labeled somethine different? appologize for spelling and grammer. my mind is kind of fried right now. been up all night

Last edited:

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
let me try doing it a few different ways to make sure the results are consistant

Ok so I just noticed you said this was GB. for the GB one it is in

com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessage.smali

Line 15430

const v1, -0xd4d2d0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/mms/ui/MessageListView;->setBackgroundColor(I)V

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
If you send me your file I will edit it for you

dude, thank you.

Edit: I attached a pic of what Im going after. I have the blue and white message bubbles took are of. but that white background is what Im after.

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20120302011719.jpg
    20120302011719.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
well. I figured out how to make it transparent. I almost have it. This is what I have for that line.
const v1, 0x1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/mms/ui/MessageListView;->setBackgroundColor(I)V

it compiles fine and loads fine. just no background. what did i miss

I think I may have got it.

now its just pure black im on the right track just cant get it to go white.

ok, so I found the file in the skyrocket mms apk. looked through it till i found that same line. copied the color code and then put it into the mms i am trying to mod, compiled and loaded.

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three days of work. thanks go out to all of you that helped. thank you soooo much, i leanred alot in this experience,.

Last edited:

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
I am trying to do the skyrocket mms theme for this phone. I have all the needed PNGs transferred over and that is fine. I am trying to change the chat background from grey to white. I know its an XML edit and I've Googler everything I can but I cannot find which XML it is. Does anyone know which XML has to be edited to change the background color. Just to be specific. I am looking to change the background that is behind the message bubbles from grey to white. Thanks in advance.

Edit. After hours of work and help from many others. Here is a mms apk that is identical to the skyrocket mms.

Just download and push to system/app with root explorer or adb and set permissions to rw/r/r or 644

Lol @ the conversation in the picture ;)

Reactions: veritasaequita

veritasaequita

Jul 6, 2009
Slidell
cool, thanks for work. one thing ive always wondered is i will be using root explorer and im very familiar with it but do i just paste this over the original then change permissions then reboot? or should i change the original to mms.apk.bak and then just set this one in system/app then change permission then reboot? thanks for your help.

sent from my BMF-D710

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
cool, thanks for work. one thing ive always wondered is i will be using root explorer and im very familiar with it but do i just paste this over the original then change permissions then reboot? or should i change the original to mms.apk.bak and then just set this one in system/app then change permission then reboot? thanks for your help.

sent from my BMF-D710

what I normally do is just paste over top and then change the permissions and reboot. but renaming the current one to mms.bak wont hurt anything at all. alos not this is a deodexed apk, so you need to be on deodexed ROM which most people are at this point. enjoy.

Reactions: veritasaequita

dazednconfused

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
Charleston, WV
twitter.com
Glad you found it. As soon as I think I know a little about theming, they throw that smali word around and I get all scared again. I've still got alot of learning to do. Smali and .9png's are going to be my homework in the near future. At least we have the help of some awesome themers and developers in the Epic Touch section. Congrats again, the mms.apk looks awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: scarmon25

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Glad you found it. As soon as I think I know a little about theming, they throw that smali word around and I get all scared again. I've still got alot of learning to do. Smali and .9png's are going to be my homework in the near future. At least we have the help of some awesome themers and developers in the Epic Touch section. Congrats again, the mms.apk looks awesome.

Yeah. The .9 PNG doesn't bother me as bad now. Still don't like em. But the smali crap scares the bejesus out of me. This was my first encounter with it. Hope everyone likes it. It was an old project that never got finished. Figured knows as good of time as any .

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I personally haven't dealt with Smali files before, so I didn't know. Glad we found it though. :p

P.s. anyone got the Mms.apk with transparent background? I'd flash that bad boy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After alot of work and help from many people I have completed it. This is a MMS apk for Deodexed Gingerbread ROM's such as Calkulins Stock Deodexed or Calks GB ROM.

Download attached apk
    Move apk to system/app
    Set Permissions to RW/R/R
    Reboot.

Note: You may want to back up the original mms.apk. You can always get it from the Stock ROM zip if you need to.

Many many thanks to all that helped me. I learned alot from this little adventure.
    That is actually a smali edit.

Mms.apk\com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessageFragment.smali

Line 16051 const v1, 0xd4d2d0

change that to what you want you color to be. that ones hex is 2b2d30. Remember in smali the numbers are not in hex.

Ok so I just noticed you said this was GB. for the GB one it is in

com\android\mms\ui\ComposeMessage.smali

Line 15430

const v1, -0xd4d2d0

think dazed is right, there are often background png's (and sometimes not in the drawable-hdpi folder). most the time "bg" will be in the name so look for that first. otherwise the xml would be in colors.xml or styles.xml in the res/values directory