[MOD][ROOT]Native Wireless Tether for build 19.6.3

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEITHER MYSELF NOR XDA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

1. Download Root Explorer by Jrummy in the Play store.

2. Download the tether zip attached to this post.

3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.

4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find tether.zip that you downloaded from step 2. Extract the build.prop, copy it and back out to the home folder. enter the system folder. Rename the build.prop that is there to build.prop.bak, then paste the one you extracted from the zip.

5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)

6. Exit out of root explorer

7. Reboot

8. Check the tether it should work.

9. PROFIT! Thank baby jesus and buy me a beer lol
    Download fxz from here. Extract. Open command prompt in the folder that you extracted to, the one that contains system.img. Then type the command:

fastboot flash system system.img

That should get you back up and running. Then for WiFi tether use this xposed module. (Easier to apply easier to revert for future OTA.)

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.dym.motoxtether

Sent From Droid Ultra
    If I helped you, consider hitting thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I think im doing the right thing to get this working. I am downloading the latest firmware from the fxz people. 800 meg. I am just not sure 100% what to do with it after I get it

Yeah that's the idea!

Sent From Droid Ultra
    I thought everything was going good then I got an error

bootloader sparse image is malformatted
    then
    remote failure

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I also saw at the beginning bootloader variable not supported

I aslo just tried the mfastboot command and so far it is going forward. We will see

Crap. Try using mfastboot. Get from here

http://dottech.org/146758/how-to-root-moto-x-on-android-4-4-kitkat-and-flash-twrp-recovery-guide/

Sent From Droid Ultra
    no of course I was too lazy to do this.I have never had any problems with these things before. I know the phone is on I have it hook to my computer but I have no picture

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I did get twrp reinstalled but it does not seem to do much. I can get into it

You need to fxz with save data. You know how to do that I'm sure?

Sent From Droid Ultra
    No I know nothing about it. can you point me in the direction please

You know how to use adb and fastboot right. You likely used fastboot to flash TWRP.

Sent From Droid Ultra