POP Email using 2gig in 20 days

Search This thread

ppgregory

Dec 31, 2010
My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
My wife is using the touchwiz email app with a pop server and ssl enabled. Data usage has been through the roof. Under Settings it shows that she's used 2gig in the last 20 days for email alone.

I called T-Mobile and they tried to convince me this was normal and tried to put me on an unlimited plan. Wouldn't acknowledge that 2gig + per month is excessive for email.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

ppgregory

Dec 31, 2010
Did she download big attachments? Also, maybe think about turning the retrieval interval down. My email. NEVER uses anything close to that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
No big attachments. Its been consistently around 100mb give or take 20mb daily. She upgraded from the S3. I still have the phone and saw that she would use 65mb or so a month for email. Email settings on both are the same. Both set to check for email every 30minutes.

I just deleted the account and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference.

That should fix it.
What usually causes the problem is something gets stuck sending a message and will eat through data very fast.