[ROM] CM Nightlies Report (Progress Towards 6.1.0)

Search This thread

ejkeebler

Apr 9, 2010
Pretty sure this is because all your apps were being automatically downloaded and restored form the market, so it's being used pretty intensely for the first 10 minutes or so. It has happened to me a few times as well, pretty sure that's all it is.

pyroboy1080

May 16, 2010
WiFi didn't work in #124 even after clearing cache/dalvik. It seems to sit and spin waiting for an IP address. I reinstalled 119 and it all was good again. Anyone else experience this?

I was able to use wifi just fine but when I used wifi tether, it threw an error after I was done tethering. After going into settings and disabling the wifi and re enabling, normal activity resumed.
I didn't wipe, I upgraded from a previous nightly, so that could be part of the issue. Who knows?
Best of luck, and I hope the info helps.

tranzue

Sep 30, 2010
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure this is because all your apps were being automatically downloaded and restored form the market, so it's being used pretty intensely for the first 10 minutes or so. It has happened to me a few times as well, pretty sure that's all it is.

Any way to stop this? I've unchecked the option at the start up screen to back-up stuff with Google or whatever, put it still did it. I use titanium, and the market back-up doesn't seem to be to well (it has old versions of apps, and apps I've deleted).

vandykky

Jun 23, 2010
Chicagoland
Any way to stop this? I've unchecked the option at the start up screen to back-up stuff with Google or whatever, put it still did it. I use titanium, and the market back-up doesn't seem to be to well (it has old versions of apps, and apps I've deleted).

It probably has a snap shot of your apps at the point you disabled the backup. You could try installing the rom without gapps, restore your TiBu then install gapps. Could someone more adept than I verify this?

A

Androidnite

Any of the last 2-3 nigthlies support the SLCD Dinc? The only Vanilla ROM I've been able to install has been Ruby. Just "discovered" yesterday that I have the SLCD version (bought my phone July 21st).

camalus

Sep 14, 2009
anyone heard about cm6.1 release? theres word going around on the nexus forums of it coming out today/tonight.

Everything in 6.1 we already have in the nightlies. They are just fixing the last of the bugs... which so far doesn't appear to include the only two issues the Inc has. LEDs and camcorder force close.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

seanzer

Jun 12, 2010
Columbus
Anyone getting tons of errors in their dmesg?

Namely, unable to drop acpu vdd..

I'm using the kernel that comes with the build.

vandykky

Jun 23, 2010
Chicagoland
The stock one on cm works

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I can play a music file if I open it with astro, but the track info doesn't show up in the player and the song isn't in my library like songs on my sd card are.

*edit* I rebooted twice and it finally worked, thanks for your help guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive just started using the nightly of cm (build 177) and enjoying it.

May i ask where I can find the buildbot changelogs?

I hate just flashing all the time, so id like to see the changelogs to see what changed in each build.

Thanks in advance for the info.

dc
    I look here: http://buildbot.teamdouche.net/builders/cm_inc_full
    Click on whichever nightly you want to see the stats of.
    If the warnings-count number is different between two, it usually means they changed something.
    If the number stays the same, it means no change.

For example, the 175/176 and 177/178 builds have the same warning-count, so it should mean that nothing was changed in the code to affect the ROM.
    Unfortunately, it's not a firm changelog, but it at least lets you know whether or not to flash the new one.
    The old thread filled with sparse reports of Cyanogen Nightly release experiences has gotten old in the tooth. As we approach the release of 6.1.0, I feel it necessary to start fresh and record configurations (dates, kernel's, etc) with details that have the potential to benefit us all.

I am currently running the #169 nightly and an underclocked kernel (shooting for battery life at the moment), and have run into no stability issues thus far. This includes use of both wireless and bluetooth features.

Please reply with your positive or negative take on CM nightlies for the Incredible Build #100 or newer. Thank you!

Anecdotal Reports for 169:
    -Video camera functions, Infinite focus only
    -LEDs function as expected. Please remember Pule under your audio settings
    -Stock kernel performs VERY well, however invisibleKs may improve your mileage

Download the newest nightlies from:
    http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=inc
    Are you saying more errors = a bad thing?

One other comment I noticed about #176, the lockscreen slider for "Messenger" didn't work. "Phone" and "Vibrate" and "Unlock" worked, but not "Messenger".
    Yeah, what he said. You gotta pick the messages app in the settings.

And no, I'm not saying more errors means a worse build, I am merely saying that it looks like they changed something from 175/6 to 177
    yea it's strange. I downloaded and installed the newest version manually and it kept force closing. So i manually downloaded an older version and its fine, but it's still not in the market so im guessing it wont ever update.

wipe everything and start over and you might as well grab the latest nightly and the latest kernel while you are at it