[KERNEL][GT-I9195/9190][STOCK 4.2.2][BLN] Vikinger

Search This thread

junkyde

May 26, 2011
This kernel is based on Samsungs modified stock kernel by arco68.

Features:
- BLN Support
- Increased volume of speaker (from 68 to 72) + headset (from 62.9 to 64). If you don't want the volume mod, just use the "...26.11.2013.zip" or remove the "system/etc/snd_soc_msm" folder in the newer kernel.zip files, before flashing the kernel.
- OTG Support (but only for usb devices with external power supply, because phone doesn't provide power).

Requirements:
1. A GT-I9195 or GT-I9190
2. Samsung stock rom or any rom based on that.

Feature-Requirements:
1. BLN App by "neldar" from the Play Store. You can download the Free-Version or buy the Pro-Version with additional functionality. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

How to install:
1. Flash Kernel.zip with CWM (Video)

Attention:
I don't take the responsibility for anything. Flash on own risk! Always make a Nandroid-Backup before flashing!

Download
Vikinger Kernel For Jelly Bean Stock Rom 4.2.2
GT-I9195 Mirror
GT-I9190 Mirror

Known Bugs:
- To get BLN start working for all kind of notifications, you have to get an "initial-notification" which will trigger BLN to work for all kind of notifications somehow. This could be for example a whatsapp notification (while bln is active in the bln app and the display is turned off) or you can do it with the app "Go SMS Pro". Just start the app, push the menu button and navigate to "Settings -> Notification Settings -> Default notification settings -> Test notification" wait 3 seconds and then turn off your display. The touchkeys should light up now. Now BLN will work for all kind of notifications and also the test inside the bln app will work, too. But after a reboot of your device, you will have to trigger BLN again with an "initial-notification". Other notifications could also trigger bln to work, just didn't found out yet. If you find something easier, let me know.
- screen mirroring doesn't work

Battery Drain:
I made a battery drain test on stock rom (MH3). My device was connected to wifi the whole time. I activated bln and let the touchkeys light up for a whole hour and I lost 1% battery at this time. On the same scenario with the app NoLED, my loss was 4%. I also monitored the cpu with cpu spy and found out that while the NoLED notification was ongoing, my device never entered deepsleep. It was stuck on 384mhz the whole time, while with bln it was in deepsleep. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

Credits:
- arco68 (base kernel)
- proxuser (tutorial on how to build kernel)
- neldar (bln-mod)
- ktoonsez (build scripts)
- NONAME11 (sound mod)
- sekil (otg support)
- xda community
- android-hilfe community

Source: https://github.com/junkyde/vikinger-stock

Last edited:

Sanj3k

May 21, 2012
Thank you for your good work with the bln kernels! :) greetings from Android Hilfe Forum ;)

junkyde

May 26, 2011
BLN does in general not work for notifications which turn on the screen ;)
Except missed phone calls, which you can configure inside the bln app.

BLueBLaze100

Dec 17, 2010
thanks for the good work, I hope that I9192 gets a piece of cake from this kernel

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

junkyde

May 26, 2011
I would really like to hear some reports.
For me It is working quite well, besides of the fact that only after the first whatsapp-notification after each reboot, BLN starts working for all other kind of notifications, too. But since I am using BLN mainly for whatsapp anyway, it's not a big deal.

Reactions: tempfame

tomogo

Nov 12, 2007
Prague
www.tomogo.cz
Hi,
after flashing screen mirroring doesn't work :)

So it will be probably problem with kernel based on Arco (sorry Arco) because the same problem is with CM10.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: junkyde

tomogo

Nov 12, 2007
Prague
www.tomogo.cz
It doesn't work also.

So I have loaded stock kernel back and it started working well.

Is it possible that problem should be in version of ROM? I have I9195XXUAMG8

Now I am downloading I9195XXUBMJ7.... and I'm going to update it tomorrow morning.

I have tried a new firmware I9195XXUBMJ7 and screen mirroring doesn't work too with BLN. Anyway a root is not possible with this version. :(

What version of rom is based your stock kernel? I can try to install your ROM to my phone and try BLN again.

Reactions: junkyde

junkyde

May 26, 2011
What version of rom is based your stock kernel? I can try to install your ROM to my phone and try BLN again

The stock kernel is based on the file "GT-I9195_JB_Opensource_Update1", which I downloaded from samsung's opensouce site.
I don't know on which rom version this is based, but it's definitly not the newest one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This kernel is based on Samsungs modified stock kernel by arco68.

Features:
    - BLN Support
    - Increased volume of speaker (from 68 to 72) + headset (from 62.9 to 64). If you don't want the volume mod, just use the "...26.11.2013.zip" or remove the "system/etc/snd_soc_msm" folder in the newer kernel.zip files, before flashing the kernel.
    - OTG Support (but only for usb devices with external power supply, because phone doesn't provide power).

Requirements:
    1. A GT-I9195 or GT-I9190
    2. Samsung stock rom or any rom based on that.

Feature-Requirements:
    1. BLN App by "neldar" from the Play Store. You can download the Free-Version or buy the Pro-Version with additional functionality. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

How to install:
    1. Flash Kernel.zip with CWM (Video)

Attention:
    I don't take the responsibility for anything. Flash on own risk! Always make a Nandroid-Backup before flashing!

Download
    Vikinger Kernel For Jelly Bean Stock Rom 4.2.2
    GT-I9195 Mirror
    GT-I9190 Mirror

Known Bugs:
    - To get BLN start working for all kind of notifications, you have to get an "initial-notification" which will trigger BLN to work for all kind of notifications somehow. This could be for example a whatsapp notification (while bln is active in the bln app and the display is turned off) or you can do it with the app "Go SMS Pro". Just start the app, push the menu button and navigate to "Settings -> Notification Settings -> Default notification settings -> Test notification" wait 3 seconds and then turn off your display. The touchkeys should light up now. Now BLN will work for all kind of notifications and also the test inside the bln app will work, too. But after a reboot of your device, you will have to trigger BLN again with an "initial-notification". Other notifications could also trigger bln to work, just didn't found out yet. If you find something easier, let me know.
    - screen mirroring doesn't work

Battery Drain:
    I made a battery drain test on stock rom (MH3). My device was connected to wifi the whole time. I activated bln and let the touchkeys light up for a whole hour and I lost 1% battery at this time. On the same scenario with the app NoLED, my loss was 4%. I also monitored the cpu with cpu spy and found out that while the NoLED notification was ongoing, my device never entered deepsleep. It was stuck on 384mhz the whole time, while with bln it was in deepsleep. Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!

Credits:
    - arco68 (base kernel)
    - proxuser (tutorial on how to build kernel)
    - neldar (bln-mod)
    - ktoonsez (build scripts)
    - NONAME11 (sound mod)
    - sekil (otg support)
    - xda community
    - android-hilfe community

Source: https://github.com/junkyde/vikinger-stock
    new version with OTG Support (but only for usb devices with external power supply, because phone doesn't provide power) is online. I couldn't test it though because I don't have a usb otg cable right now.
    Changelog:

- OTG Support (but only for usb devices with external power supply, because phone doesn't provide power). thx @sekil

- merged with MK4 kernel source

- Increased volume of speaker (from 68 to 72) + headset (from 62.9 to 64) thx @NONAME11
    New Version online (10.12.2013). Increased volume of speaker (from 68 to 75) + headset (from 62.9 to 65). Thx to @NONAME11
    Uploaded.net is banned in my country.
    My stupid country blocked just this site to fight against piracy. :(

http://d-h.st/Xlg