[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
NOTICE: This will not work on the latest firmware updates. Flashing will cause bootlooping and you will have to reload software.

If CASUAL brought you here, your version is outdated.

Well, this has been quite the saga thus far...
Us: Suck It Verizon (exploit)
them: Suck it XDA-Developers (OTA patch)
Us: Back Atcha Verizon (exploit)
them: Stop it XDA (OTA Patch)
Us: No You! (exploit)

Introduction
CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log. CTRL+L>Pastebin> come back here and press ctrl+V. We need a log or it didn't happen. 70% of the time when someone posts a general description, we need more information.

Overview
You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. If you are not stock and have a custom recovery, this will cause you to only be able to flash back to stock using Odin or Heimdall. Be stock. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Windows 8 is supported but you must install drivers for Download Mode first. See this post
Windows XP IS NOT supported! If you can make Windows XP work, share the knowledge. XP is 12 years old now, Microsoft and I both discontinued support for Windows XP.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
Please run the following in a terminal first:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk gksu dpkg
NOTE: Linux 32/64 bit Heimdall may require an update. I will be taking care of it this weekend. If it works, please let me know so I can remove this message.

Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this systems. Please report problems.

Download
CASUAL(R515b) No You Verizon! CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
For nightly builds click here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/VZWGalaxyNote2

Help and Troubleshooting
Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. . If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L, press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log. Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it. Donate only if you feel it's worth donating to. Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help.

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware. Thanks to DroidModderX. While the video uses an old version the procedure is mostly the same.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful. While the video uses an old version, the procedure is mostly the same.

27zgm1l.png

About CASUAL
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
8May13: After last the issues with this release, I spent 5.5 hours updating to VRAMC3 and .1 testing this package. . It works well, I assure you.. I assume the previous release had a bad MD5. I apologize for any inconvience.
9May13: Initial Release
10May13: Fixed windows driver issue. Added clearer instruction messages to wait (fixed "hanging"). Added better error handling. CASUAL R492 -- killed old versions

Last edited:

jrloper

Jul 29, 2011
Logan, OH
F.A.Q.
//TODO
General
//TODO
Windows :
//TODO
Linux :
//TODO
Mac OS X :
Heimdall keeps failing with "ERROR: Claiming interface failed!"
You need to disable the default USB drivers with the following commands:
Code:
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDC;
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMControl;
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMData;

Last edited:

ShotgunSam

Dec 12, 2010
Huntsville
I just got my Note 2, I've tried your tool several times and I keep getting this when my phone reboots into download mode:

<took out the garbage>

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Dont post logs here. They're ugly. Use pastebin. Please remove all of that. I specifically said not to post that.

Try it again with a better cable. I see it is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. That's a bad cable if I've ever seen one... Odin mode does not have error correction like ADB. Its really picky about having good cables and a good USB port.

When this works, please post that it worked.

Last edited:

ShotgunSam

Dec 12, 2010
Huntsville
USB connection seems a bit shaky.
You have a different cable to try?

not right now, but I tried other USB plugs and its not connecting on those.

---------- Post added 10th May 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th May 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Dont post logs here. They're ugly. Use pastebin. Please remove all of that. Holy cow man! I specifically said not to post that.

Try it again with a better cable. I see it is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. Thats a bad cable if I've ever seen one...

Sorry, I'm a novice with having to post that stuff. I don't have to post logs much.

I don't understand how the cord could be bad since its the one that came out of the box yesterday. But I don't have access to one right this second

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Good job Adam once again. Wonder when they'll eventually just give up and stop pestering Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jgun33

Aug 5, 2008
On EDIT: Went into the temp file and individually clicked on each of the .exe files. Rebooted phone and restarted CASUAL. Everything worked fine after that.
Thanks again! Donation sent yesterday.

Tried 2
different cables on 2 different ports. No luck so far. http://pastebin.com/741wqT3T
Any ideas?
This is a brand new Note 2 on the latest OTA which installed at the store when I got it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

LTLFTCer

Apr 23, 2010
Original thread you posted 2 days ago worked for my Note 2 I purchased used on Sunday. Same cable I have connected to my computer for years now, process was butter smooth. Phone updated to 4.1.2 before I had a chance to get home and root.

Only had to battery pull after it hung initially. Thanks! Will send donation as soon as I get PP funds.

PeteKT

May 13, 2010
Worked on my Note 2 unlocked it to where i can use my Tmobile sim, but it keeps giving me a warning "sorry this sim card is not supported" but i can make calls, i cant add APN settings though.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
On EDIT: Went into the temp file and individually clicked on each of the .exe files. Rebooted phone and restarted CASUAL. Everything worked fine after that.
Thanks again! Donation sent yesterday.

Tried 2
different cables on 2 different ports. No luck so far. http://pastebin.com/741wqT3T
Any ideas?
This is a brand new Note 2 on the latest OTA which installed at the store when I got it.

Thanks!

Looks like it failed while attempting to install CADI. Do you have administrative permissions?

We may need to make a change to the execution of CADI.

911junkie

Aug 10, 2010
Taking a deep breath...here we go

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Worked like a charm. Booted right into TWRP. Lost root - but TWRP fixed it

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: This will not work on the latest firmware updates. Flashing will cause bootlooping and you will have to reload software.

If CASUAL brought you here, your version is outdated.

Well, this has been quite the saga thus far...
    Us: Suck It Verizon (exploit)
    them: Suck it XDA-Developers (OTA patch)
    Us: Back Atcha Verizon (exploit)
    them: Stop it XDA (OTA Patch)
    Us: No You! (exploit)

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log. CTRL+L>Pastebin> come back here and press ctrl+V. We need a log or it didn't happen. 70% of the time when someone posts a general description, we need more information.

Overview
    You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. If you are not stock and have a custom recovery, this will cause you to only be able to flash back to stock using Odin or Heimdall. Be stock. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet.
    Windows 8 is supported but you must install drivers for Download Mode first. See this post
    Windows XP IS NOT supported! If you can make Windows XP work, share the knowledge. XP is 12 years old now, Microsoft and I both discontinued support for Windows XP.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
    Please run the following in a terminal first:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk gksu dpkg
    NOTE: Linux 32/64 bit Heimdall may require an update. I will be taking care of it this weekend. If it works, please let me know so I can remove this message.

Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this systems. Please report problems.

Download
    CASUAL(R515b) No You Verizon! CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
    For nightly builds click here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/VZWGalaxyNote2

Help and Troubleshooting
    Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. . If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L, press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log. Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it. Donate only if you feel it's worth donating to. Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help.

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
    This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware. Thanks to DroidModderX. While the video uses an old version the procedure is mostly the same.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
    This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful. While the video uses an old version, the procedure is mostly the same.

27zgm1l.png

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
    CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
    8May13: After last the issues with this release, I spent 5.5 hours updating to VRAMC3 and .1 testing this package. . It works well, I assure you.. I assume the previous release had a bad MD5. I apologize for any inconvience.
    9May13: Initial Release
    10May13: Fixed windows driver issue. Added clearer instruction messages to wait (fixed "hanging"). Added better error handling. CASUAL R492 -- killed old versions
    Im still having the same issue with the new version of casual.

Here is the the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/UCvncms2

Use Zadig with your phone in download mode.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z/download

Options->List All Devices
    Select "Gadget Serial" from the dropdown
    Click Replace driver

Retry CASUAL.

Also get PM me a link to your newest log, I have to get this CADI issue with Windows 8 figured out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    F.A.Q.
    //TODO
    General
    //TODO
    Windows :
    //TODO
    Linux :
    //TODO
    Mac OS X :
    Heimdall keeps failing with "ERROR: Claiming interface failed!"
    You need to disable the default USB drivers with the following commands:
    Code:
    sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDC;
    sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMControl;
    sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMData;
    Dont post logs here. They're ugly. Use pastebin. Please remove all of that. I specifically said not to post that.

Try it again with a better cable. I see it is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. That's a bad cable if I've ever seen one... Odin mode does not have error correction like ADB. Its really picky about having good cables and a good USB port.

I've bumped R515b to the first post. All previous versions are not supported. Again.. Log or it didn't happen. And the log must say R515b in it :)

R515b http://d-h.st/vNS