What happens when you don't game or download with a loaded phone? This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

omnius1

Mar 28, 2011
Monxs ROM. I did think about greenify. So have removed it and even auto starts in fact I've tried turning them all off except titanium.
I do see the day out that's not an issue.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Since nobody else seems to be noticing this issue, I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably something to do with what you've done in the course of rooting and ROMs isn't playing nicely with your phone in particular. I'm unrooted running factory and haven't observed any notable difference in battery drain from games compared to my other devices. Phones I've used have been Nexus 5, HTC One, S4, Note 3, Moto X, G2 to list a few more recent models.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Since nobody else seems to be noticing this issue, I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably something to do with what you've done in the course of rooting and ROMs isn't playing nicely with your phone in particular. I'm unrooted running factory and haven't observed any notable difference in battery drain from games compared to my other devices. Phones I've used have been Nexus 5, HTC One, S4, Note 3, Moto X, G2 to list a few more recent models.

It's possible i suppose, i don't tend to let my phones sit for a while before rooting them, i tend to go for it.

After root and inbetween roms, i always clean up my SD card and internal memory, always perform full wipes, don't have any apps that i could do without, including games, all the normal stuff like wireless controls and brightness etc.

Doesn't make any odds ?

Also the game that i find eats it pretty quick is candy crush (hate that game with a passion, wish i hadn't started it)

I don't think it's the most well written of apps but like i said it'll really hog the battery.

I was thinking if there is a way to isolate the cpu cores on the fly so you can only have 2 or even 1 running for particular apps, might take a while to set up but it'd save a tonne of battery.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I don't know.

Took it out from charger 8 AM, 3,4 calls in all day and classic messages via Whazz, comback at home, played Tennis Virtual and Pool Break, saw few Vids on Youtube and some browsing, (all this about 1 and half hour) leaved that night without charging, alarms next morning, and used at work for calls and messagings, come back at home at 6 PM, 5% left and I put it under Charging 2 Hours. Full.

I cannot complain.

Reactions: bodson66

jahjah440

Apr 30, 2011
My greatest battery time was last week, with 6 hours on screen and 25 hrs off charger.

I was taking pictures and video all day because I was on vacation, using Google Maps to find my way around, browsing the Internet while waiting in line for stuff or playing games , texting and calling people. Definitely "heavy usage".

And my phone still have around 13% when I plugged it in.

Amazing

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bodson66

deconfrost

Feb 24, 2010
very helpful post to let us know not to be using our high end expensive phone for the purpose of them being made... excellent post indeed

however, I like to know why the op has an android phone when he could have just got a button phone instead, some of them old phones could go on for days without charge if you use it in airplane mode

i tether mine on 4g usually for 4 to 7 hours a night, 40% battery can go all night till i go to bed tethering to my laptop playing FPS games, youtube, whatever else, tonnes of downloads

Last edited:

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
very helpful post to let us know not to be using our high end expensive phone for the purpose of them being made... excellent post indeed

however, I like to know why the op has an android phone when he could have just got a button phone instead, some of them old phones could go on for days without charge if you use it in airplane mode

i tether mine on 4g usually for 4 to 7 hours a night, 40% battery can go all night till i go to bed tethering to my laptop playing FPS games, youtube, whatever else, tonnes of downloads

Did i get it wrong or you play online FPS games via smartphone tether? Damn that's some awesome data plan

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

mckeowngoo

May 7, 2011
OnePlus 12
Battery update.... 50%

And I did a **** load of gaming and everything!

But 5 minutes later.....

Just hosted an Omegle session with Bishop Desmond Tu Tu and Hilda Ogden.

Battery now down to 26%!!!

I'm confused, what gives?

Sent using my Z1 & Tapatalk 2 and not that abortion of a XDA premium app that shames the community it serves.....

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I don't know.

Took it out from charger 8 AM, 3,4 calls in all day and classic messages via Whazz, comback at home, played Tennis Virtual and Pool Break, saw few Vids on Youtube and some browsing, (all this about 1 and half hour) leaved that night without charging, alarms next morning, and used at work for calls and messagings, come back at home at 6 PM, 5% left and I put it under Charging 2 Hours. Full.

I cannot complain.

Nah that is good.

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
I've cleaned over three pages of posts on this thread. People posting just for the sake of trolling is unacceptable, if you do not have anything constructive to say then do not say anything at all, if you are posting to get a rise out of someone use facebook, twitter or what ever form of social media sites but NOT XDA. If you guys have a problem with a thread simply report it and let the moderators look into it,

This thread has come to its EOL and as the OP seems to want it closed,

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

However, if I was to play some music, games, videos/movies.

My battery would be dead within the day.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games. ;)

10 hours 58 mins. With 58% left

Bad advice

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
    Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

However, if I was to play some music, games, videos/movies.

My battery would be dead within the day.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games. ;)

10 hours 58 mins. With 58% left

Even better - try leaving your phone switched off! Battery lasts for....a very long time. The downside is, you don't get to use the phone...

Sorry if I come across rude, but you are stating the obvious, aren't you???
    I've cleaned over three pages of posts on this thread. People posting just for the sake of trolling is unacceptable, if you do not have anything constructive to say then do not say anything at all, if you are posting to get a rise out of someone use facebook, twitter or what ever form of social media sites but NOT XDA. If you guys have a problem with a thread simply report it and let the moderators look into it,

This thread has come to its EOL and as the OP seems to want it closed,

Thread closed
    I don't get it. I've had a G2, moto G, S4, note 2,and many more. And never in my life have I come across a XDA Forum for a device that has so much hate . literally when I had the G2 everyone was saying how great it is and only pointing out REAL issues. But with the Z1. Its like a craze that EVERYONE must complain about something wrong with it. What is with all the hate and/or stupid complaints about the Z1? Do Sony device owners assume that since the design is perfect everything else should be? There isn't and never will be a truly perfect device.

So why don't you guys (everyone not just the OP) just quit complaining and enjoy this amazing device. Its an amazing phone overall.

lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.