[APP][Mar 3] Custom Clock Widget - V1.0 Free/Pro - Analog [THEMES][CUSTOMIZATION]

Search This thread

willam71

Aug 30, 2011
I've been using the free version for quite a while now, and would like to have the full one, but market says it's not available to me. I have no probs buying various other paid apps.
Please advise. TIA.

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
I am working on a minor update with a few new graphic parts (new edge, new face, a few new simple hands, cool new roman numbers, a few new ticks). I also fixed a graphical glitch with the shadows that most would not have noticed.

I am thinking of removing some parts, but I have no idea what parts people use. I mean, I remove just one face and I am sure I will make someone upset. LOL.

One more thing, I think I need to do is update the free version so it is clear that the Full version is not an 'unlock' but a replacement. I have had a few support e-mails on this recently.

Thank you very much for this nice widget. it runs like a charme on my HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 7.1!

By now i am still searching for a widget that displays a 24h face (of course with a accordingly moving hour-hand of half speed). swatch and other producers of pilot wrist-watches made watches of this kind and i like the idea of having a whole day being displayed in total ( you may google it to get an idea of what i am speaking of... "24h wrist-watch").

Do you think it will be possible to add such a "feature" to your widget as an option? the deluxe-version may include i.e. a selection whether the 12 or the 24/0 will be shown at the top and the numbers to be used can change from all 24 or only every 2nd (0,2,4,6...22)

what do you think about this?
it would make me really happy to see this in a next version of your nice clock widget.

fook42.

You have your wish. Next version will have the option for a 24 hour sweeping hand. I have also added some 24 hour numbers.

Been looking for a Movado clock since I first bought my phone. No luck. now I have one.

THANKS!!!

You are welcome and thank you. I like what you did with the custom background. Well done.

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
I've been using the free version for quite a while now, and would like to have the full one, but market says it's not available to me. I have no probs buying various other paid apps.
Please advise. TIA.

What does the error actually say? Also, are you running a custom DPI/resolution? Sometimes the new market will not let you download an app if your are not running the DPI made for your phone. Let us know.

It could also have to do with the way I am sizing things. I will look at this soon and probably drop support for Android 1.5 and pickup better support for tablets at the same time.

willam71

Aug 30, 2011
What does the error actually say? Also, are you running a custom DPI/resolution? Sometimes the new market will not let you download an app if your are not running the DPI made for your phone. Let us know.

It could also have to do with the way I am sizing things. I will look at this soon and probably drop support for Android 1.5 and pickup better support for tablets at the same time.

Thanks for getting back to me.
The error is 'This item is not available in your country'. I am running GB 2.3.5 and using default DPI (240).

REConsultant

Feb 6, 2005
Nevada
Animation?

Just loaded up the pro... really nice.

Any chance to get animation for these basic ideas?

Moving second hand (alt colors)
How about day/date on face
Bezel ring that can move (Be pretty cool to make the bezel move as a timer)

I've been looking for a Day/Date similar to the Oris TT series or even a Rolex Submariner "bubble" date.

And... got the new GB 2.3.5 with T-MO... clock "click" does not work.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rohit jaggi

Apr 5, 2012
problem

the paid-for full app installs but is inaccessible. I'm using a Defy +, MB526. I subsequently tried the free app and that works. What's the problem?

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
the paid-for full app installs but is inaccessible. I'm using a Defy +, MB526. I subsequently tried the free app and that works. What's the problem?

Inaccessible? Try un-installing the free version. Also, the google licensing requires you have an internet connection when you use it so that it can cache the license. Let us know how it goes.

Jay

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Just loaded up the pro... really nice.

Any chance to get animation for these basic ideas?

Moving second hand (alt colors)
How about day/date on face
Bezel ring that can move (Be pretty cool to make the bezel move as a timer)

I've been looking for a Day...

Some good ideas there. Smooth animation its difficult on widgets and is a battery hog. Sorry for delay in replying.

ungureanuc

Mar 27, 2010
The Land of Choice
Hi there,
I just bought the pro version, loving it, using it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 and I would like to make the widget bigger so it fit on a 10.1" screen, but there's no such option. Can this be implemented? Again, thanks for such a nice widget!

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Hi there,
I just bought the pro version, loving it, using it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 and I would like to make the widget bigger so it fit on a 10.1" screen, but there's no such option. Can this be implemented? Again, thanks for such a nice widget!
Thank you.

The new version in testing now (coming soon) has an option currently called "Compatibility Zoom". This option was originally for increasing the size of the image on a High DPI display (like tablets and some new phones). I ended up coding around the resizing issue, but I have left the zoom option (for now) to mess with. This option combined with the option to resize widgets in Android 3.x+ may give you what you are looking for.

I will put a pre-release in the next post.

- Unconnected

Unconn

Dec 3, 2009
Raleigh
Custom Clock Widget - Updates

I has been a long time since I posted a version to the forums, but there have been a lot of changes and I could really use some help testing. Code between the Free and Pro versions has been almost completely merged. This should help smooth further updates.

Pro: v1.0.9 (v1.0.8.3)
- Resizable widgets (start with a small one)
- Clocks can be imported from Free or Pro exports.
- More Android 4.+ compatibility
- Fixed Jelly Bean transparency problem
- Transparencies highly improved (You might have to adjust yours)
- Compatability off by default for new clocks now. Resizing issue fixed. (will clocks stop or not load though?)
- Added 'Compatibility Zoom' option
- Improved 'smoothness' of clock parts
- Improved colorization
- Bug Fix: XML entries will be removed when clock is removed
- Bug Fix: Clocks should be removed from Widgets array when clock is removed.
- Bug Fix: Clock service is sticky and should restart.
- More optimization.
- Removed auto clock update when entering Option screen
- A few new graphics

Previous:
v1.0.8
- Added option for 'Compatibility Mode' to Options
- Fixed problem on Galaxy S II (Thanks Yngve and Dave)
v1.0.7
- Update to fix the face/back color shader. (This was pointed out by Rich in a rude market comment and he did not e-mail me about it.)
v1.0.6
- A few new graphics.
- 24 hour hand (instead of 12) option.
- Importing and exporting clocks to SD card (Experimental).
- Compatibility Mode work around.
- A few small bug fixes.

Please try it out and let me know.

I may have to turn back on the compatibility option by default if people start getting 'Please Wait'. This will be safer, but will make the default clock smaller on high DPI machines. This widget is more about graphics manipulation than anything else. I wonder what else I could use this engine I have written for...

Reactions: jhooly

jhooly

Feb 23, 2012
found your app by accident in Play, bought Pro straight off, loving it! if there were any justice in the world CCW would be getting a lot more love.

one question, partly because I'm a lazy-ass, were sample PNGs ever uploaded for general use? i'm no graphics guy so it'd be easier for me to tweek existing stuff than trial and error from scratch.

later: duh! just downloaded the recent APK and yoinked the graphics from that. should get me started. :) PS. still loving it, great work! should mention though that the new APK (1.0.8.3 from above) gives me the "Please Wait" thing on my SGS2. :(

Last edited:

cynkrzy

Feb 18, 2011
Can't get image for background to stick!

I've been using the Pro Version of this widget for a longtime.

I've got a GalaxyNote II running 4.1.1 (Beans ROM)

Can't get an image to set as the clock background, love this widget and feature, anything I can do to help, test etc. let me know

artttur

Jul 29, 2013
Erevan
Great work!!!!

I've bought Pro Version of this widget. Great work. Can You include second's hand in next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Clock Widget

There are some clocks out there that have a few choices... But what about a clock that you can customize completely?

Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, Shadows, and Glass!. You want a custom clock? You got a custom clock!

v1.0 IS here!. It is called Custom Clock Widget (com.helichaos.clock.widget.pro) in the market (link below).

Free version:
    • Choose your Hands, Face, Ticks, Edge, Numbers, and Shadows and Glass!
    • Custom color on glass and ticks
    • Ability to lock clock from clicks after customization
    • Ads in Chooser (not in Pro)
    Pro version will have all of above plus:
    • Ads removed
    • Skewed/Stretched clocks!!
    • Launch Alarm on click
    • Use external images for the face (square or cropped)
    • Color customization for all parts
    • Hour off-set

Custom Clock Widget!
    snap20110115_144220.png
    snap20110111_204955.png

Pro version (coming soon):
    snap20110217_122736.png
    snap20110222_120255.png

Download
    Pro version has has been released to the market:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.helichaos.widget.clock.pro

Free versions:
    See attached files.
    - v1.0 - Current Market Release

Free Market link (if you are on your phone now):
    http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.helichaos.widget.clock

Or Q-code if you are actually on a real computer right now (scan with Quickmark from the market):
    qrcode-market-com.helichaos.widget.clock-50.PNG

Bugs and Suggestions (complaints?)
    Well, if you like it, hate it, have suggestions, or find bugs then post here. I may not be able to respond to every post, but I will read everyone of them. I promise. (full-time job, 2 kids, 1 cat, RC Helicopters, and oh yeah, dev?)
    I tried using the face of a windows clock gadget that I made that resembles the Cartier Tank watch. Pretty good so far, but there is a black rectangular border around the face that I can't seem to get rid of using the "sometimes works" transparency button in Custom Clock Widget. Also, trying to use my own "custom hands" for my Cartier but cannot get that to work either. When I can get these things figured out, it will be nice to have my lovely Cartier on my phone as well as on my laptop. Can anyone help with this?

The default gallery does not like to pass transparency for some reason. Download QuickPic from the market and try that. I should really make a readme file but not many users try what you are doing.

Also, graphics for hands also need to be square. Do not try and use an image that is 294x15 for example. You should always use an image that is square for every part. 294x294 or larger is best.

Please let be know if it works for you. Sorry for delay.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
    Guys, I installed this on my evo from the marketplace, and I just can't open it. I can't find it in the "All Apps" section, and when I go to it's page on the market, the "open" button is grayed out. Am I missing something here? Can you guys help me out please?
    It is a widget. There are a few ways to get to them, but easiest is to find an empty space on a screen where you have no icons or widgets. Hold your finger down on that spot until a menu comes up. Choose widgets. The other way is while you are at your Home screen press menu and then choose Add. Though the may be slightly different on HTC Sense.

HTH

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    Any chance of making a clock face similar to these?

http://www.cafepress.com.au/+periodic-table+clocks

It'd be great to have a number set with the periodic elements.
    Custom Clock Widget - Updates

I has been a long time since I posted a version to the forums, but there have been a lot of changes and I could really use some help testing. Code between the Free and Pro versions has been almost completely merged. This should help smooth further updates.

Pro: v1.0.9 (v1.0.8.3)
    - Resizable widgets (start with a small one)
    - Clocks can be imported from Free or Pro exports.
    - More Android 4.+ compatibility
    - Fixed Jelly Bean transparency problem
    - Transparencies highly improved (You might have to adjust yours)
    - Compatability off by default for new clocks now. Resizing issue fixed. (will clocks stop or not load though?)
    - Added 'Compatibility Zoom' option
    - Improved 'smoothness' of clock parts
    - Improved colorization
    - Bug Fix: XML entries will be removed when clock is removed
    - Bug Fix: Clocks should be removed from Widgets array when clock is removed.
    - Bug Fix: Clock service is sticky and should restart.
    - More optimization.
    - Removed auto clock update when entering Option screen
    - A few new graphics

Previous:
    v1.0.8
    - Added option for 'Compatibility Mode' to Options
    - Fixed problem on Galaxy S II (Thanks Yngve and Dave)
    v1.0.7
    - Update to fix the face/back color shader. (This was pointed out by Rich in a rude market comment and he did not e-mail me about it.)
    v1.0.6
    - A few new graphics.
    - 24 hour hand (instead of 12) option.
    - Importing and exporting clocks to SD card (Experimental).
    - Compatibility Mode work around.
    - A few small bug fixes.

Please try it out and let me know.

I may have to turn back on the compatibility option by default if people start getting 'Please Wait'. This will be safer, but will make the default clock smaller on high DPI machines. This widget is more about graphics manipulation than anything else. I wonder what else I could use this engine I have written for...