[BOOT] Unsecured Boot.img to Root 2.3.3 with S-Off

Search This thread

loveboatcaptain

Mar 9, 2010
Berlin
www.twitter.com
*Info*

Sorry for Posting this again. This Post was deleted from XDA without any reason. So here it is... back again, cause some people asked for it.

Hey Guys,
so if you have the same problem like me, that superoneklick tool hangs at “Running psneuter” than you should give this a try.
this works only on s-off devices. all you s-on´s you have to wait for other options or find someone with a xtc clip.

attachment.php
attachment.php

DISCLAIMER: i´m not responsible for bricking your device. do everything in this guide at your own risk.
- download the PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip
- rename it to “PG88IMG.zip”
- put it on the root of your SD card
- reboot into hboot and wait.
PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip
bootloader will automaticly chack this file (ignore the security flag ;-) ) and flash this unsecured boot.img.
reboot your phone and use superoneklick tool the normal way.
rename the PG88IMG.zip to something else or the bootloader will try to flash it every time when the phone starts in bootloader.

hope this will help those who could root even with s-off.

kind regards
stephan

Attachments

• PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,993
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 6,070
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 6,107
Last edited:

loveboatcaptain

Mar 9, 2010
Berlin
www.twitter.com
No problem, and very well spotted, have you any idea who deleted it and why? as I know that I found this post very useful and without it wouldn't be where I am now.

Thanks again! :)

i asked one of the mods... he will have a look at that when he is at home.

very starnge... never saw that someone deleted those posts which are basement of rooting and modding ;)

who knows...

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Well, this is good, and probably makes superoneclick work, but isn't it much easier to use Gingerbreak instead ?? I'm thinking since everyone is using this method, Gingerbreak must have a few cons. Can anyone tell me what they are? Or am i better off using gingerbreak after i S-OFF with a XTC Clip?

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
What does "Enable Non Market Apps" do?? Is it the same as enabling apps from unknown sources? Sorry for this nooby question :p

saluki1

Nov 5, 2010
I used unsecureboot and oneclick method. I got root. But now I can enable wireless no more. Rebooting the phone or unroot with one click did not help..

Any ideas?

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I dont understand why people would still want to use this?
Isnt it redundant now since gingerbreaks out.
Once your s-off Gingerbreak works a treat, no need to flash a boot.img :confused:

loveboatcaptain

Mar 9, 2010
Berlin
www.twitter.com
I used unsecureboot and oneclick method. I got root. But now I can enable wireless no more. Rebooting the phone or unroot with one click did not help..

Any ideas?

you have to update your kernel. this unsecured bootimage contains an old kernel and no mudules for wifi or else.

after you got root you have to flash clockworkmod recovery and than a custom rom from this forum to get a working kernel with it´s modules.

this bootimage is only for rooting and flashing recovery... after that you have to reflash an actual kernel which is in every custom rom here.

hope that helps

regards

p.s this boot img is from times whre gingerbreak didn´t work for the desire s... since gingerbreak 1.2 roots every desire s with s-off there is no need for that way of rooting.
some people wanted this again after it was deleted... there is no need for this until gingerbreak works very well.

Last edited:

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
you have to update your kernel. this unsecured bootimage contains an old kernel and no mudules for wifi or else.

after you got root you have to flash clockworkmod recovery and than a custom rom from this forum to get a working kernel with it´s modules.

this bootimage is only for rooting and flashing recovery... after that you have to reflash an actual kernel which is in every custom rom here.

hope that helps

regards

p.s this boot img is from times whre gingerbreak didn´t work for the desire s... since gingerbreak 1.2 roots every desire s with s-off there is no need for that way of rooting.
some people wanted this again after it was deleted... there is no need for this until gingerbreak works very well.

your original thread is here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1042419

:rolleyes:

saluki1

Nov 5, 2010
Understood.

I flashed an original rom and got root with gingerbreak 1.2. Now it works fine.

Problem was gingerbreak thread was not on the first page and I was in a hurry (as usual :D)

Thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Info*

Sorry for Posting this again. This Post was deleted from XDA without any reason. So here it is... back again, cause some people asked for it.

Hey Guys,
    so if you have the same problem like me, that superoneklick tool hangs at “Running psneuter” than you should give this a try.
    this works only on s-off devices. all you s-on´s you have to wait for other options or find someone with a xtc clip.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

DISCLAIMER: i´m not responsible for bricking your device. do everything in this guide at your own risk.
    - download the PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip
    - rename it to “PG88IMG.zip”
    - put it on the root of your SD card
    - reboot into hboot and wait.
    PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip
    bootloader will automaticly chack this file (ignore the security flag ;-) ) and flash this unsecured boot.img.
    reboot your phone and use superoneklick tool the normal way.
    rename the PG88IMG.zip to something else or the bootloader will try to flash it every time when the phone starts in bootloader.

hope this will help those who could root even with s-off.

kind regards
    stephan

Any ideas?

hope that helps

regards

It's exactly that, no need to apolgize :D
    What does "Enable Non Market Apps" do?? Is it the same as enabling apps from unknown sources? Sorry for this nooby question :p

Yes it is, please dont post questions like this in the development section, that is what general is for

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App