MIUI 4: Would you use it?

Search This thread

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia
No. I want to use Android, not an iOS wannabe.
My thoughts exactly. If I wanted an iPad, I would buy an iPad.

:eek:
I would advise you two to go and educate yourselves and then please come back. FFM I replied to your comments about MIUI in the "ICS... foaming at the mouth " thread....That's why I'm not going to waste my time again, just wanted to let others that you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Sorry, nothing personal.
MIUI ROM for A500 would be much appreciated here!

Last edited:

TFordham

Jan 15, 2011
Saratoga Springs USA
I would advise you two to go and educate yourselves and then please come back. FFM I replied to your comments about MIUI in the "ICS... foaming at the mouth " thread....That's why I'm not going to waste my time again, just wanted to let others that you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Sorry, nothing personal.
MIUI ROM for A500 would be much appreciated here!

Thanks pal. Nice to know I'm not allowed my opinion. I have used MIUI on my phone and flashed another ROM almost immediately. Hated it. So...taken personally, and get off your high horse.

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks pal. Nice to know I'm not allowed my opinion. I have used MIUI on my phone and flashed another ROM almost immediately. Hated it. So...taken personally, and get off your high horse.

So rather than setting it up, you just looked at the default look and flashed a new rom? And you really expect to be taken seriously? MiUi has more customization than any rom out there, especially with extended settings enabled. Its your own fault if you don't know what you're doing, not MiUi's fault.

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia

That explains it and confirms just what I said - you don't know anything about MIUI because you flashed it once and immediately removed it because of the similarity of the homescreen setup with iOS.

MIUI features theme modules - there are plenty of themes of exceptional quality you could download and you can choose which module from which theme to apply - lock screen, icons, home, status bar, text style, dialer, boot animation. It supports statusbar with all toggles and notifications (slide to switch between two) and by pressing and holding a toggle - you get directly into these particular settings of the device. MIUI offers MIUI apps like MIUI music, T9 dialer, Compass, Torch, MIUI Backup, Data monitor, DND (Firewall which is extremely user friendly and actually working), there are nice hardaware button shortcuts as well (like torch lights on when pressing and holding homescreen button), double clicking on lockscreen slider puts music widget there (by the way MIUI Music supports folder playlists and lyrics download), MIUI browser features easy tabbed browsing, slide switching through pages/setting/current page info and there is bandwith saving mode, volume button setting (scroll page or switch tab), panorama mode; did I mention MIUI camera that is the best out there for Gingerbread (in terms of quality and settings), not to forget MIUI gallery (supports setting folders of your choice and has a built-in photo editor), MIUI sms has nice and friendly message threading, there's also FM radio, MIUI notes, Sound recorder, etc...
The are hundreds of small things that make MIUI better than other GB ROMs MIUI is focused on usability, stability and design. That is why I and many other would like to see MIUI ROM for a tablet.

You might not like it sure - that's an opinion, but to equal it to iOS - that is misleading.

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
The theming modules are irrelevant. MIUI's default looks is to copy iOS as much as possible, and I'm just not interested in having to screw around theming the thing when I can just install an AOSP ROM that already looks how I want it to look.

If people like MIUI, that's up to them, but don't rag on those who don't just because you're a little butthurt. The OP asked a question, we answered.

Reactions: drkalo

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia
The theming modules are irrelevant. MIUI's default looks is to copy iOS as much as possible, and I'm just not interested in having to screw around theming the thing when I can just install an AOSP ROM that already looks how I want it to look.

If people like MIUI, that's up to them, but don't rag on those who don't just because you're a little butthurt. The OP asked a question, we answered.

The only thing that makes it look like iOS is the lack of app drawer. Anyway, thanks for enriching my English vocabulary :)

@OP
There could be a poll on top of the thread... the results might serve as a ROM request. I would personally donate for a stable functional MIUI ROM.

Last edited:

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012

And AOSP looking like you want is irrelevant when its incapable of looking how others want, while MiUi can look how they want it to.

The problem isn't people that don't like MiUi, its people that think a default theme designed to look like iOS is the only option. It shows that you don't have the slightest clue what the **** you're talking about. It looks like that by default, but its not a permanent look, it can look however you want it to.

And this is coming from someone that only wants AOSP roms, stop being so close minded and accept that others have a differing opinion from yours. If they want it to look different from AOSP, the theming modules are 100% relevant. There is a difference between not liking MiUi and not liking iOS and having no clue what MiUi is capable of.

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
MIUI's default looks is to copy iOS as much as possible
86dg8ju

iOS
8yc6yyl

miUI (default theme no go arround changing things...)
That video is the default theme when you install MiUI
I changed just icons places and widget but the BACKGROUND, and THE ICONS THEME are this one...
also...
9dgdP.png

So... iOS? I don't see it... I don't even thought that was iOS first time I used it.

I confirm that people speaking **** about miui didn't even tested it really. they just installed open, removed...

loekis

Feb 20, 2010
Berne
I installed miui first on a spare hd2 for my wife before she got her first smartphone. I wanted her to get used to such a phone before ordering an iphone. This one really looked like an iphone (after applying a theme). Then i fell in love: fast, simple, stable and so many possibilities for customizing. Then I switched my own hd2 from rafdroid to langthangs miui. This one actually doesn't look iphone-like....

To get to the point: i like the miui builds (my hd2 is like new born with that rom) and i certainly would try it on my Iconia, too. But.... it's hard to top Flexreaper at the moment.....

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
And AOSP looking like you want is irrelevant when its incapable of looking how others want, while MiUi can look how they want it to.

The problem isn't people that don't like MiUi, its people that think a default theme designed to look like iOS is the only option. It shows that you don't have the slightest clue what the **** you're talking about. It looks like that by default, but its not a permanent look, it can look however you want it to.

And this is coming from someone that only wants AOSP roms, stop being so close minded and accept that others have a differing opinion from yours. If they want it to look different from AOSP, the theming modules are 100% relevant. There is a difference between not liking MiUi and not liking iOS and having no clue what MiUi is capable of.

See? Butthurt morons all over the place. Learn to read, dumbass.

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
Damn guys, we turn a thread that was gauging interest for potential rom development into a flame war.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
Exactly. I simply expressed my opinion on the OP question, and it got personal. Sad.
Sad ?
untitle.JPG

What is sad is people doing comments without any proof or fact.

FACT is MIUI is not a copy of iOS so cannot be iPAD like (as you said in your first OPINION)

When someone is wrong is totally respectful to tell what is the RIGHT answer, unless you prefer stay ignorant (that is not an insult it's a statement concerning the knowledge of someone, stupid is an insult)...

I prefer someone tell me how wrong I am rather than people keep inside and let me think that I said something smart and right... next time I will say something right and look smarter...

SO

MIUI V4 on tablet will not look like an iPAD like because there is no real similarities (BY DEFAULT)

lock screen the V4
top = camera
left = phone (but I suppose on tablet we will get something to set there)
right = message (same as phone we should be able to set this)
bottom = unlock

launcher
4 icon on the bottom, but can add 2 more... what else it's not apple created that 4 icon on bottom... it's samsung so far. and what kind of launcher you would like see (we are speaking about an OS running on phone mainly, there is 2 tablet anyway running it)

desktop
grid system where installed application and widget are.
a widget folder can group those application together (I prefer the ICS where dropping an app icon on another group them)

setting
so far there are 3 tabs... iOS ? I don't see how similar that is.

A2SD support
bring your memory back (but on tablet is non sense) by sending dalvik cache and application on a ext3 partition on your SDCard (that require some config previously done by the user)

well there is so many things on MiUI 4 that really can't tell all.

but for sure

MIUI will not make your tablet looks like an iPAD.

that's it.

you can go check miuiandroid.com for more information that will make your day.

Reactions: drkalo

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
I prefer someone tell me how wrong I am rather than people keep inside and let me think that I said something smart and right... next time I will say something right and look smarter...

You are 100% wrong in how you are handling this situation.

The OP asked if people were interested in a MIUI port. There were people who said no, they would not because they feel MIUI is too close to Apple's overall aesthetic for their taste.

You feel that MIUI is different enough from iOS, both in the fact that it has widgets and a power toggle dropdown, and that it can be extensively themed.

^
|
|
That right there is all you needed to say on the topic, and it could have opened up a nice discussion, but you have chosen with every post to start attacking people and calling them idiots because they don't believe exactly what you believe. As you can see, all that has served to accomplish is people attacking back and no one taking the time to listen to what you have to say.

In the future, the correct way to respond to someone who has a different opinion than you is to politely explain why your view differs from them, and politely provide examples of why you feel your viewpoint is correct. As a decent human being, you should also listen to the other person's point of view and try to understand where they are coming from.

If you can have a decent conversation, not only will you have served to express your views, you will have been educated on how someone else views the world and hopefully will have a little better understanding of how the universe works. If, in the end, the person does not share your same viewpoint, then move the conversation to something like beer or chips.

But remember it is that person's right to have whatever beliefe they want, and it is not your right to yell at them if they don't agree with you.

You have now been informed that you were doing something wrong, and I hope you chose to adjust your behavior like you said you would.

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
I maybe wrong as you say Psichi but
I didn't called idiot peoples or bold it on a quote... but what I read was more that from someone else.
See? Butthurt morons all over the place. Learn to read, dumbass.
POST #32
that is more insulting and rude.

Also I would like told you that you should go deeper and see the newest version of MIUI, you will be surprise... what version did you tried, on what machine

Based on fact MIUI *ME YOU I* is not a copy of iOS

my answers have only one point, it's to lead people who doesn't know what miui is or are not sure what it is to don't get it wrong with some others who doesn't used it really or just see some "theme" screenshoot giving a FALSE opinion not based on FACT or USE.

I would like point the fact that the first time I used miui I got tons of error Force Close etc.. was not happy, I installed right away CM7 to see... and got terribly disapointed by the sluggyness (I got deep in the options to see if I could resolve this problem... no chance) so I got an idea that maybe I forgot something when I installed MIUI and YES (clearing all, wiping all, fresh install anyway I can get all back with my backup and I am not an addicted of application)

so after installed I saw a very nice theme orange, grey and with a quite nice background.

I go deeper on the settings and I saw I could change really everything I want even things I never knew that I could do directly without using ADB or else... such as animation starting, lockscreen etc... and really it's a pleasure and something people like to get their phone "unique" look or "professional" look without using thousand of hours reading weboard etc... no here, download theme, or just partial theme and that's it.

What I mean the most in my posts is

MIUI is really something great, and the MIUI V4 will be something quite kick ass, based on ICS, and comparing that UI to a simple iOS is not acceptable.

I didn't attacked people because they don't believe what I believe... because I DO NOT BELIEVE it's FACT, and that the main point, I showed the FACT that the "iOS" wasn't at all there... or either they never got an iPhone in their hand...

get Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone (everyone will agree they looks alike... they made a real story of love and hate since a while with those phones)
put MIUI on the samsung to be fair
open both phone and look at them...

Tell me really with no time that BOTH are similar.... that will be quite ... insane to say that, same as put a dog and a cat and say the dog is like the cat... woot... NO that's it.

Other things is

IT S BORING TO ALWAYS SEE

IT'S LIKE IOS
IT'S SAME ON IPHONE
IT'S IPAD

etc...
GOSH Apple didn't invent all UI / DESIGN / TECHNOLOGY they just got ideas from what existed or what is exist and put a good "end-user" works on it.

Apple do stuff that are really end-user friendly so far... YES that's true
BUT THEY DIDN'T CREATED the WORLD and NO STEVE JOBS is not a GOD.
(he just a damn good and talented guy that's it)

PS: I maybe more interested by the look and feel on my phone rather than the "overclocking" stuff. MIUI does not overclock phones.

Now I will be pleased to see really How will looks like MIUI on tablet but I still not sure to want it running on the tablet (maybe the project from HTC will be more suitable)

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
I would totally use miui om my tablet. I had it in my Samsung galaxy s and I have it now on my Motorola triumph, miui is simply amazing with everything. Except its a memory hog lol. But +1 to miui for our tabs all the way

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My thoughts exactly. If I wanted an iPad, I would buy an iPad.

I couldn't disagree more. Miui is one of the most customizable roms available, ios is built to allow almost no customization.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk