Question about root and unlock bootloader

Search This thread

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
I have a new xperia z ultra c6806
Read a lot but still confused. ( Not everybody is made equal :( )

I want to root and back up TA

1 - My understanding is for backing up TA, i need to be rooted. But for rooting I need to be unlocked. But unlocking will erase the TA information. Am I wrong.

2- If I unlock boatloader can I flash back to pure stock for either warranty or returning the device.

Thanks

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
C6806 eh?

- Open the dialer and dial *#*#7378423#*#*
- Go to Service Info -> Configuration and check what is says under "Rooting status". Does it say Yes or No?

If it says yes, go ahead and downgrade to 532 and root it using Bin4ry's root tool, backup your TA partition and then unlock the bootloader, update to 757 again and flash Jackie's kernel and flash SuperSU. You can find links and what not here.

Reactions: aalupatti

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
C6806 eh?

- Go to Service Info -> Configuration and check what is says under "Rooting status". Does it say Yes or No?

If it says yes, go ahead and downgrade to 532 and root it using Bin4ry's root tool, backup your TA partition and then unlock the bootloader, update to 757 again and flash Jackie's kernel and flash SuperSU. You can find links and what not here.

Thanks for the reply
It says " Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

So I guess, I will follow what you are saying

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
One thing; don't panic when you're noticing that you're not getting any signal at all (cell, WiFi etc.). That's the way it is when you're downgrading the baseband past .290, but you're only going to be on 532 for a short period of time, so it's no big deal. You'll get your signal back once you're back on 757.

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
One thing; don't panic when you're noticing that you're not getting any signal at all (cell, WiFi etc.). That's the way it is when you're downgrading the baseband past .290, but you're only going to be on 532 for a short period of time, so it's no big deal. You'll get your signal back once you're back on 757.

Got 532 installed and unlocked but now cant update to 757.... Pc companion is saying I am uptodate..

There seems to be no link to download 6806 757 firmware

Edit : oofff ... finally got everything working.. That was lot of work...

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Got 532 installed and unlocked but now cant update to 757.... Pc companion is saying I am uptodate..

So you figured out that you had to use Flashtool? You backed up TA? And you managed to unlock the bootloader and root?

Don't worry, this is a one time thing. The boring stuff is the downgrading and backup of TA, so since you've backed it up, it's done. If you have to relock your bootloader and un-root for whatever reason and you want to root again, you don't have to do this again. You then have to unlock the bootloader and simply flash a kernel.

Sent from my C6833

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
So you figured out that you had to use Flashtool? You backed up TA? And you managed to unlock the bootloader and root?

Don't worry, this is a one time thing. The boring stuff is the downgrading and backup of TA, so since you've backed it up, it's done. If you have to relock your bootloader and un-root for whatever reason and you want to root again, you don't have to do this again. You then have to unlock the bootloader and simply flash a kernel.

Sent from my C6833

My issue was downgrading and some driver issues with windows 8. All went well..

However now when I reboot I get this error " System UID's are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

But fixed that using twrp

I cant believe how good quality the phone hardware is.. Was using samsung for the last few years...

I am waiting for the next generation of z ultra and going to get that too.... Wish they introduce qi charging...

Reactions: LordManhattan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C6806 eh?

Sent from my C6833

Sent from my C6833

My issue was downgrading and some driver issues with windows 8. All went well..

However now when I reboot I get this error " System UID's are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

But fixed that using twrp

I cant believe how good quality the phone hardware is.. Was using samsung for the last few years...

I am waiting for the next generation of z ultra and going to get that too.... Wish they introduce qi charging...