[REVIEW] Anker 1900 mAh extended battery

Search This thread

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Just ordered one of these - figured, "What the hell, it's only $10 !"

70HCSSTN-W19A_BO_PF_WT_400X300.jpg

From here on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anker-Extended-...Accessories&hash=item4cf7fedd90#ht_3355wt_981

Will report back with the results...

Last edited:

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
Reactions: Znomon

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Even if I get just the same amount of juice that the stock battery gives me , it's only $10... Plus it's not coming from China.

ninor

Jul 20, 2010
I used Anker in my vibrant and it was a legit battery.. lots of reviews on Amazon

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

D

Deleted member 2653512

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: flaflatas

TheMightiest1981

Aug 13, 2010
Atl shawty
After seeing it was only 10 bucks I myself purchased one as well. I should receive it by Wednesday so like others on the thread, I'll check back after then.

Last edited:

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL

No no no, I think you misunderstood me - It's not being SHIPPED from China to me - it's coming from a seller in the US :)

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
The more I think about it, I think i would rather carry around a charger than remove this battery cover...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Ditto. However, having a spare battery does come in handy in certain situations.

For those who travel a lot like me, it's very handy to have a spare oppose to an external charger. It's much easier to just pop a fresh battery in and not have to find a charger to stand next to a wall outlet to make calls...

I do admit though, the HTC cover is pretty funky...it's a first...very odd...

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Ditto. However, having a spare battery does come in handy in certain situations.

For those who travel a lot like me, it's very handy to have a spare oppose to an external charger. It's much easier to just pop a fresh battery in and not have to find a charger to stand next to a wall outlet to make calls...

And it's got active connections, so i think it's not the best idea to remove it often.

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com

I travel a lot too so ill need a spare battery. It just worries me. I have three for my hd2 that I was using, but popping the battery cover off on the hd2 is simple. I feel like doing so on the sensation will eventually wear it out. Or ill break something. Total pain in the ass.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: dam26

misterjimmy

Feb 6, 2008
Rosemead
I just picked one of these up myself. I should expect it by Tuesday since the seller is local. I'll keep everyone updated as well but so far the stock battery hasn't done well compare to my N1 since i've switched to this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some comparisons....

Anker...
    SensationAnker.jpg

Chichitech...
    Chichitech5.jpg

Stock...
    SensationStock.jpg

Conclusion...
    The Anker and Chichitech are the SAME CELL just with a different label. They look exactly the same and both hold a capacity of 1700mah. They do have more capacity than the stock battery but not much by much. My opinion is that if you want a cheap way to get a little more life, get the Anker. If you dont mind spending a couple extra bucks (literally) you should get an Evo 3D battery which is basically the same as the Anker (capacity wise) only it is HTC branded and the temperature reports correctly. Me personally will be using the Evo 3D battery in my Sensation.
    Just ordered one of these - figured, "What the hell, it's only $10 !"

70HCSSTN-W19A_BO_PF_WT_400X300.jpg

From here on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anker-Extended-...Accessories&hash=item4cf7fedd90#ht_3355wt_981

Will report back with the results...
    I used my scale at work (Police Department- need to weigh drugs exactly :)) and this is what I found.

Stock HTC 1520mAh= 31.54 grams

Anker 1900 mAh = 34.43 grams

Difference of 2.89 grams
    For anyone who wants to see a quantitative test of the Anker battery versus the OEM battery, I wrote a quick review here.
    Objective Battery-life Comparison with Amazing Results

--- removed ---
    Vendor has lied about capacity and ISO-certification, and the thermostat does not work. Also other quality issues.