Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

pgriffinsc

Dec 20, 2010
Charleston,S.C.
since were talking about ics roms,does anyone have one of the last ICS MIUI builds they can upload?

edit:nm,forgot about the goo page....

Last edited:

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
Last edited:

spitfire2425

Jun 12, 2012
Narnia
I gotta say, coming from the one with some of the coolest roms over there, this is awesome. I wish I could have something called the kitchen sink for my phone. :(

Sent from my HTC One

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Not what you're asking for, but I do have the 5/4/2012 version 2.01 ROM.

Let me know if it's any use to you...

FWIW, I recently sold my Photon and also have the Optimus G. Have you found a ROM you'd recommend?

(Replied in the thread as I couldn't find a link to PM you.)
Is exactly what I need... I just need the last made zip or the most stable working zip.. tried using many links and mirrors but none worked and I've had to wipe computer since these days... But...
I build several for the ls970 ( Sprint lg optimus g ) currently I'm running my carbon rom... But I'm working with some very talented guys and we're looking into maybe.. Big maybe now... Bring the sink to the ls970... Now granted will be different but attempting the same concept wanting too make a rom like this with pick and choose features not just apps and kernels.. but the actual features of the individual roms... So you end up with a absolutely custom rom
So what I need is of anyone has it upload it shoot me link so I can DL it as a reference

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: bytethegroove

VideoSavant

Nov 30, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Is exactly what I need... I just need the last made zip or the most stable working zip.. tried using many links and mirrors but none worked and I've had to wipe computer since these days... But...
I build several for the ls970 ( Sprint lg optimus g ) currently I'm running my carbon rom... But I'm working with some very talented guys and we're looking into maybe.. Big maybe now... Bring the sink to the ls970... Now granted will be different but attempting the same concept wanting too make a rom like this with pick and choose features not just apps and kernels.. but the actual features of the individual roms... So you end up with a absolutely custom rom
So what I need is of anyone has it upload it shoot me link so I can DL it as a reference

[/COLOR]Thanks for the info on your ROM. I'll look into it. I've only had the Sprint Optimus G for about 6 weeks, and most of my recent techfoolery has been directed toward Tasker and the Auto Apps (AutoVoice, AutoRemote, etc.). I have to say I don't mind LG's stock Jelly Bean that much (I especially like the task manager), but that will definitely be a different story once KK is out.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigron77

VideoSavant

Nov 30, 2011
St. Louis, MO

spleef --

Did you grab that file off my SkyDrive public share? Not sure how secure this is, so don't want to leave it up there any longer than needed. I can now send you a PM, so will resend details to you direct.

LMK. Thanks.

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Thanks...I appreciate it.

Also, I tried to find your Carbon ROM over at the Sprint LG Optimus Development thread, but didn't see it. Where can I find that, and how I can keep up with your Kitchen Sink progress?

Thanks...

All my stuff is in the original development section sink is just starting so no progress on it just getting things together to start

Reactions: calvin269

bytethegroove

Dec 23, 2008
Berwyn, IL

spleef...I missed you guys man...
we had a hell of a run on the photon.....too bad you arent using a razr HD....we need some MIUI love over there....
glad to see you still in action....
KIT bud
peace
byte

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
spleef...I missed you guys man...
we had a hell of a run on the photon.....too bad you arent using a razr HD....we need some MIUI love over there....
glad to see you still in action....
KIT bud
peace
byte

You know it... took a few to get back into it but now am stronger than ever... Have many source built Roms... you got my hangouts? Is my gmail address

Reactions: antipasto

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
You know it... took a few to get back into it but now am stronger than ever... Have many source built Roms... you got my hangouts? Is my gmail address

Yo yo yo! I still have some files from orig kitchen I think. I still know my way around aroma installer. Had a crazy year so far, and really fell out of scene, hence my losing Rec Contributor status. Sucks, but family comes first, ya know? I still think back to the days of the venerable photon. I still own 2 of them, as well as the LS970 Optimus G. Still have some source built work I never released for photon. Let me know if u want any help, bud. You probably are more knowledgeable than I am nowadays, but I still may be able to contribute some :)

knG333

Aug 14, 2010
It's a pretty desolate place without you guys here. Hope your lives are going well and once again thanks for all the help. I'm still using this phone and can't decide what to upgrade to.

bytethegroove

Dec 23, 2008
Berwyn, IL
Th3Bill or spleef...aroma is kicking my ass....wondering if y guys can help me with a simple task.....
What's your hangout spleef?
I'm bytethegroove ofcoarse ;)
Peace
Byte

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    too much for listing at this point. Basically the kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -Tablet mod

downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period

The first rule of KITCHEN SINK is...YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

The second rule of KITCHEN SINK is....YOU DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!

It NEEDS a rom installed on it for touch to work! :)

Gonna work to keep the MIUI portion as up to date as possible as quickly as possible....MIUI.us releases on Friday, we usually release ours Sat/Sun.
    Plan to work on updates being a small flashable zip with what's new so it's not a full new install....update will contain mostly have options

If you have an idea for a theme, ask bytethegroove...he's done a great job with the buuf version. We're looking to get some more ideas.
    Hopefully, though, with this coming week's update, MIUI will finally fix themes.
    So, before mentioning it, read....THEMES DO NOT FULLY WORK right now through the app...it will theme parts, but not all. Only full theme is the buuf that byte did at this time. :)

Note: CM9 Music doesn't fully work in MIUI. MIUI has integration of Music app in the notification bar as well as lockscreen, so if you choose to use cm9's music app...it may bork
    will be keeping aokp, gummy, and CNA (if the Dev becomes active again otherwise just cm9 base updates, fixes, and mods) up to date and on par with the threads themselves.... if not better with all the extra options in the sink.... feel free to hit me up in any of the individual threads for help on the ROM you are using just be sure to mention if its coming from the sink or not... hope you guys like what this is becoming I know I do......... but....
    above all play smart make back ups and enjoy..... thanks
    OK EVERYONE!
    Hope everyone is enjoying Kitchen Sink V1.3.
    There is LITERALLY DAYS worth of collaboration between Joker, Spleef, and myself on this project. We've tested some of it, but with 3 people, there's NO WAY we can test it all and have time to add in anything new.
    SO We have a homework assignment for everyone flashing Kitchen Sink:
    3 THINGS:
    1) What options you chose
    2) What works
    3) What does not

We are willing to help and answer questions, but if you do NOT provide the above 3 requirements, YOU WILL NOT GET RESPONDED TO. There are TOO many options on this rom as it is with TOO MANY configurations for us to have to try to GUESS why something is or is not working. Help us out, and we will help you out.

Give us as much information on as many possible combinations as you can...This will help us bring you a really KICK-ASS product!

Thanks again, and Enjoy Kitchen Sink!! I know I am :)
    few things are broken as expected but i will release today. just dont expect alot to work right. todays release will be about fixing stuff