[theme request] mms

Search This thread

Aclingman

May 7, 2011
I'm not sure if there is one out there or not, if not does anyone have the desire to make one? I'm looking for a Windows Phone 7 style mms. I like the square message bubbles and the crisp clean look of windows phone 7's messaging. If there isn't one out there and you are looking to make one, It would be nice to have a black background, white or grey received bubbles, and like the ICS blue sent bubbles. Please and thank you for the help.

Thank you mongo41 for posting your mms theme! This is his mms theme, and I just requested it.

Here are some screenshots of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-03-18-31-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-03-18-31-18.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2012-08-03-18-55-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-03-18-55-58.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

mongo41

Dec 4, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
I'm not sure if there is one out there or not, if not does anyone have the desire to make one? I'm looking for a Windows Phone 7 style mms. I like the square message bubbles and the crisp clean look of windows phone 7's messaging. If there isn't one out there and you are looking to make one, It would be nice to have a black background, white or grey received bubbles, and like the ICS blue sent bubbles. Please and thank you for the help.

here ya go white and blue bubbles and black background. Just copy to system/app with root explorer. Make sure to rename your old secmms.apk to secmms.apk.bak just in case...lol.

Attachments

• SecMms.apk
    6.5 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: mlin and Aclingman

smccall

Jun 3, 2011
Whiteland, Indiana
here ya go white and blue bubbles and black background. Just copy to system/app with root explorer. Make sure to rename your old secmms.apk to secmms.apk.bak just in case...lol.

This is very nice only thing I found is when selecting the bubble colors the blue is white and the yellow is blue any way to change the icon to the stock icon. You should create a thread for this I've been looking for a stock themed mms. Pm me I have a buddy who themes as well who wants to start a team. Once I get my new laptop I will be able to as well.

mongo41

Dec 4, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
This is very nice only thing I found is when selecting the bubble colors the blue is white and the yellow is blue any way to change the icon to the stock icon. You should create a thread for this I've been looking for a stock themed mms. Pm me I have a buddy who themes as well who wants to start a team. Once I get my new laptop I will be able to as well.

I have a thread in the T-Mobile section. I'm gonna change all the icons to match in the next few days.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium App

Aclingman

May 7, 2011

I don't want to sound like a complete idiot, but it keeps downloading as a '.zip'. How to I make it'.apk'?
Or is it just a theme you flash to the stock apk? If so where can I find a stock version of the secmms.apk? I'm using the one from JellyBomb domination.
edit: Scratch that.. I just downloaded it straight to my phone with the QR and it worked.

Last edited:

smccall

Jun 3, 2011
Whiteland, Indiana
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot, but it keeps downloading as a '.zip'. How to I make it'.apk'?
Or is it just a theme you flash to the stock apk? If so where can I find a stock version of the secmms.apk? I'm using the one from JellyBomb domination.
edit: Scratch that.. I just downloaded it straight to my phone with the QR and it worked.

It downloads as a apk for me

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Been trying for two days to install this app on cm10 8/1 build w no luck. I delete the stock messenger, move yours to system/app folder, fix permissions, reboot and when I try to install it gives me message app not installed.

Any suggestions please and pixs would be great before I attempt again. Will nandroid back in the meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Ian B

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010
Been trying for two days to install this app on cm10 8/1 build w no luck. I delete the stock messenger, move yours to system/app folder, fix permissions, reboot and when I try to install it gives me message app not installed.

Any suggestions please and pixs would be great before I attempt again. Will nandroid back in the meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Ian B

This is for stock TW roms, it wont work on AOSP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you mongo41 for posting your mms theme! This is his mms theme, and I just requested it.

Here are some screenshots of it.

Would you be so kind to post up some screen shots of this mms please.

Here's some screenshots man.