I'm a born again noon I guess..

Search This thread

sprhr0

Mar 7, 2011
fort smith
Having the damnest time getting the WiFi hotspot going again. I'm running sinner LTE 1.0. Kernal 3.4.10-gf5d846croot@abm012#1 SMP preempt. Baseband is 1.13.11.0830
Build number 1.29.709.4 CL 165408 release-keys..
I have tried to get captains 4.3 but I can never get the hboot and recovery to upgrade and stay.. I feel like such a noob.. I should've rooted this phone before sprint got greedy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

sprhr0

Mar 7, 2011
fort smith
Yep... Lol.. I didn't see the WiFi app included in sinner. Got wifi hotspot back, just not getting 4g

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Nothing, if you are not in an LTE. Not sure if that is the question being asked.

And...I'm not sure what you mean by the Hboot not staying. The firmware seems to have flashed just fine, since you have the latest radios.

If you want to be technical, he has the firmware from the 3.17 update, not 4.3. But that's another issue in and of itself.

Sent from my EVO LTE

sprhr0

Mar 7, 2011
fort smith
Yeah the 4.3 wasn't taking .. I'll try again eventually.. but fir whatever reason I don't get the 4g logo I was getting

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Yeah the 4.3 wasn't taking .. I'll try again eventually.. but fir whatever reason I don't get the 4g logo I was getting

If you're S-off, just run the 4.3 RUU. Afterwards you can install a custom recovery again and flash SuperSU. Then you can flash Captain's ROM or whatever else you'd like so long as it's based on the new layout.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Reactions: sprhr0

sprhr0

Mar 7, 2011
fort smith
Yeah I've been rooting since my Inspire on at&t. Then the HTC vivid... Then in switched to sprint.. Got a galaxy 2 which was almost as bad as the iPhone 3g from years ago. I finally got the evolte.. I didn't root it soon enough so now I'm paying the price. I'll flash the 4.3 then the recovery and hboot?

sprhr0

Mar 7, 2011
fort smith
I dunno what was different from the bother night but, I finally got hboot and the other baseband to flash, this after hours using a different memory card today.. Just decided to try the card from the other night and the PJ74img file fully flashed this time.. First try.. Just one of those try again until or works I suppose.. To a couple of tries with rumrunner too the the other day when I unlocked rooted. Thanks for yalls help... Trust me when I say I did research before asking for help, installing a nexus 7 second gen as my head unit.. Need phone for WiFi.. But I'll have 5.1 surround sound in my my truck .. Via audio splitter from the HDMI, run digital fiber to the surround sound decoder that has 6 rca out puts that runbto the amps .. Hell yeah! Pluss the HDMI audio extractor has an HDMI out.. So I can run extra screens or a projector to a personal drive in experience

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you're S-off, just run the 4.3 RUU. Afterwards you can install a custom recovery again and flash SuperSU. Then you can flash Captain's ROM or whatever else you'd like so long as it's based on the new layout.

Sent from my EVO LTE