[Q] Note 3 not responding to DFS or CDMA tools after writing nv items, profiles, etc.

Search This thread

kcannon77

Jun 6, 2014
I have done this with both a Sprint Note 2 and Note 3 and found I had the same problem with both phones. After I used CDMA Tools to write the NV Items, NAM 1&2, then use DFS to put in the profile info and change the MEID I reboot the phone and am no longer able to connect to the phone in either program until I do a factory reset on the phone. After rebooting I verify that the ##3424# settings are correct and put the phone in debugging mode again (because it usually turns off after reboot) but I am not able to connect to the phone, unless I do a factory reset, even if I reboot the computer.

I have been able to succesfully flash both phones to Boost and have everything working, so that is not my problem , but it is time consuming for me since I can only connect to the phone once and input all the info in without resseting the phone (since im not an expert and may need to connect more than once with DFS or CDMA tools). Is this normal when flashing?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I have done this with both a Sprint Note 2 and Note 3 and found I had the same problem with both phones. After I used CDMA Tools to write the NV Items, NAM 1&2, then use DFS to put in the profile info and change the MEID I reboot the phone and am no longer able to connect to the phone in either program until I do a factory reset on the phone. After rebooting I verify that the ##3424# settings are correct and put the phone in debugging mode again (because it usually turns off after reboot) but I am not able to connect to the phone, unless I do a factory reset, even if I reboot the computer.

I have been able to succesfully flash both phones to Boost and have everything working, so that is not my problem , but it is time consuming for me since I can only connect to the phone once and input all the info in without resseting the phone (since im not an expert and may need to connect more than once with DFS or CDMA tools). Is this normal when flashing?

I have done a few and no it is not normal. What radio/firmware are you on? It could be that you are on a newer radio that is causing the issue.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kcannon77

Jun 6, 2014
I originally did this with a Note 3 which was on Kitkat. I had to downgrade the modem firmware to MJ4 in order to get signal after I had flashed the phone, which was originally NC5. The NOte 2 had Jelly bean on it and I experienced the same problem on both.

When trying to connect with DFS (after being connected and rebooting phone) it will bassically say that the port is busy and I cannot connect until I do a factory reset, whether I reboot the computer or not.