[GUIDE] Upgrading HTC Feeler/Typhoon/ to Windows Mobile 6 - with pictures

Search This thread

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Try other unlockers, there are few more. SIM LOCK is different, you need to application unlock.

luisgal

Sep 20, 2007
Spanish?!??!????

And what about a spanish language pack or something alike...
I have a SPV C500 (Typhoon) with WM2003SE and many languages (including spanish), but after upgrading to WM6, i found only english, or russian, or chinese, or german languages in all the roms i have tested...
Can anybody help me? Does anyone know how to change the language or cook any language pack for getting it in spanish???

Thaaaaanks!!!

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
kar hoe! U missed one thing!

While we run SDA Application unlock.....its not the only solution to app unlock the phone...

On typhoon, its the major problem....

first U have to do some reg tweaks with PHM Registry editor
then U run SDA App unlock...

Use PHM Registry Editor to modify the following phone registry keys:

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 1 (that will enable the rapi_config, 1 means full access to rapi config, 2 means user controlled access)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 40 (that disallows the check for security cirtificate etc)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 144 ( Umm i forgot bout this :p)

Profy_X

Aug 4, 2007
Straßburg

Hello there...i have 1 question can somebody make a wm6 rom for typhoon in romanian?or a wm5 wm3 ?because i really need one...:confused: :(

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
Hello there...i have 1 question can somebody make a wm6 rom for typhoon in romanian?or a wm5 wm3 ?because i really need one...:confused: :(

U may get WM5 for typhoon from http://www.user.cityline.ru/~ronswens/Downloads.htm

U may add lang-packs from: http://www.user.cityline.ru/~ronswens/langpacks.html but there is no romanian lang pack there

but U may download this tool http://w1.whatcounter.com/dlcount.php?id=ronswens&url=lang/Lang_v2.1.zip to translate the interface in your language......

or if U have the mui of ur language, paste it in windows dir while in Windows Mobile 5

TRUST ME, If U dont wanna drain your ram and battery, dont install windows mobile 5 or 6......2003SE is still better

Windows Mobile 5 is a fine addition but it contains bugs plus it drains battery quicker

Windows Mobile 6 interface is heavy so U need a lot of patience while working on it....

U may get Windows Mobile 6 from here!

Magicacaca

Oct 23, 2007
Finally working

After several failed Step 5's it suddenly worked. Dunno why but who cares.

Anyway, now when I start the phone I get some phone details at the top of the screen and then:

Clear Hive (1)?
Fomat par. (2)?

If I don't do anything an 'N' appears next to each and then WM6 starts up.

Any way of getting rid of these questions, or should I answer yes to either of them?

Thanks,

raskell

Mar 21, 2007
Massillon Ohio
After several failed Step 5's it suddenly worked. Dunno why but who cares.

Anyway, now when I start the phone I get some phone details at the top of the screen and then:

Clear Hive (1)?
Fomat par. (2)?

If I don't do anything an 'N' appears next to each and then WM6 starts up.

Any way of getting rid of these questions, or should I answer yes to either of them?

Thanks,

Answering both questions is the way to perform a hard reset. Actually, you need to take great care not to press any keys until you are past those prompts.

raskell

Mar 21, 2007
Massillon Ohio
Thanks for the quick reply. OK, so do I have to see those prompts and ignore them every time I start up?

Yes, unless your phone is totally frozen or you get stuck with the 'No Service' problem with Andot's WM6. In that event, you need to Clear the Hive and Format the partition to reload a clean version of the ROM. That is why the prompts are there, otherwise you'd be stuck with only the option to enter bootloader and re-flash.

Magicacaca

Oct 23, 2007
Camera trouble

All set up and working fine now, apart from the camera.

Tried changing the selections in Settings>More>More>Camera and also tried installing the cab files for 0.3 and 1.3. Keep getting the error "Unable to initialize camera: 'Failed to set up the camera device'". When I click OK I then get another error "Unable to invoke Album. Please make sure Album has been installed on your device".

Any suggestions?

noped

Oct 29, 2007
Which Java VM to use for Gmail and Opera Mini?

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great work - I upgraded my i-mate SP3i with no hassles at all. The fonts are especially awesome.

I've got one last problem that I haven't been able to solve yet - which Java VM is best for this handset/ROM combination?

The only Java applications I am interested in are Gmail and Opera Mini. I've found that they both run in Esmertec's Jeodek, but with problems (display, fonts, some keys not working).

Has anyone found a VM that runs these apps better than Jeodek?

Update:

I'm now using Tao Intent (http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/900955/...060726.en_us.for.WM5.Smartphone.by.dFine.cab).

Display issue is fixed, fonts are better (although quite big), and more keys are working than before.

Last edited:

scandalous

Jan 20, 2005
Singapore
l c:/os.bin
clean up the image temp buffer at 0x8C080000 Length 0x01B00000
MTTYDownloadImageNot allow operation!
Error : DownloadImage return error (code = 0xFFFFFFFF)

I got this when using mtty 1.42. My phone is dopod575 with Imate Sp3i 2.3.33.21 Super CID.
Please help.

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
I have got this messge while doin it & can't move ahead... my phone is Orange SPV C500 with Imate SP3 ROM

l c:/os.bin
clean up the image temp buffer at 0x8C080000 Length 0x01B00000
MTTYDownloadImage "c:/os.bin"
:F=c:/os.bin
start download
==CreateFile err==

Next step after pressin enter is

Sync bytes error(0) 66 != 42Error : DownloadImage return error (code = 0xFFFFFFFF)

Last edited:

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
i hav done it the tutorial has one lil step missing.. tht we have to copy the os.bin file to C drive :)

MudoS

Nov 20, 2007
Hey...

i updated my HTC Amadeus to wm6.

Worked all pretty good.

But now i cant sync with Active Sync.

It gets stucked all the time where he tries to reveice data from the phone.

Has anyone similar problems or can help me?

magwa

Jul 26, 2007
Thanks!!!!

I upgraded my imate SP3.
This ROM is working very good in SP3..
Many thanks....
But i could not able to download the T9 Engliah cab file.
It dosen't start download when i click the link, it opens in a new window as text instead of downloading.:confused:
Can anyone help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cant find tutorial for Spv c500

I cant find a tutorial for spv c500 to flash it to wm 6
    i am searching for 3 houres ,
    pls help
    Yes "it" will - however is the "procedure" a little different to what is initially described. There are several cooked ROMs available what do you want to do?
    The Typhoon has very little RAM (32MB) and this makes its use limited with any OS. Oldest and only original available ROM is the WM2003SE - no official upgrades to either WM5, WM6 WM6.1 or even WM6.5 are available.
    This is why there are many "cooked" ROMs that have picked the pieces from other devices and re-assembled them to a ROM for this one. Look up my Beginners Guide to Cooking to learn a little about the basics.

The HW of the device comes in 3 cases/keyboards but the SW for each of them cannotbe loaded to any other. Even the ROMs for same cases/keyboards from different vendors (I-mate, Orange, T-Mobile) cannot be loaded to the O2 Xphone II easily. The devices are all CID-locked to prevent any cross-updating.

To load any other ROM than the one that is on the device you must first "CID Unlock" the device - this is easily possible. After this is done, the device will accept ANY ROM - however also from devices that are not compatible, in the end killing the device, so care must be taken here. The process of CID-Unlock (better to say - supply it with the Super-CID) also unlocks some advanced commands in the bootloader which allow to backup the original ROM to a Mini-SD card. This can be used to revert back to the original state. If there was an original shipped ROM for the O2 XPhone II this could also be used, but I am not aware that there is one. Unfortunately also a good ROM collection site www.shipped-roms.com is offline where such ROMs had been put.

For any ROM other than WM2003SE you have to replace the SPL (main part of the bootloader) with a patched one that takes care about the changed ROM layout of the WM5+ ROMs.

Finally you can then load any of the cooked ROMs to your device via a terminal program mtty.exe

The process of updating this device is not for noobs. You should be aware of what you are doing and not expect any automated wizard like procedures that take care about all possible failures.

Good places to learn about the process is the start of this thread, the relevant cooked ROM threads and my kitchen thread. Please invest the time in reading through them to get an idea of what needs to be done. For the backup of the device lookup XDA for "r2sd -all" which is the SPL command to backup.