[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
With the fix Bluetooth will turn on and you can par your device, you can send files, you can listen to music with a head set but you CAN"T use a head set for a phone call, the mic does not work at lest with my jawbone head set. Once they get that working I think I will use CM9 all the time.

Does anyone know if calling via bluetooth worked on pb21?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Just did some testing on my own, trying different combos of cm9 roms, with and without the sparko kernel, with and without fixes, and couldn't find a combo where everything worked. Guess I'm going to stick with my pb21 ROM.

I'm on PB21 with the fixes and camera does work, just not camcorder. But it does not force close anymore.

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
Does anyone know if calling via bluetooth worked on pb21?

Yes, bluetooth is 100% operational on pb21, for me at least.

I'm on PB21 with the fixes and camera does work, just not camcorder. But it does not force close anymore.

I'm using pb21 with your kernel and everything works for me, camera, camcorder, bluetooth, mms... Neither of the fixes though

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
Pb21 and sparksco kernel gives me working camera and vidcam preview. Trying to record crashes. Before and after patch. However. Videocam illusions does work just as with our miui port.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
As far as the patch goes, what else have you noticed as far as improvements?

I haven't run pb21 in sometime so ill be useless for improvements. However I've beat it up pretty good and have yet to have a crash.

blakeatl

Jul 28, 2009
Atlanta Area
I'm running the latest (7-09) version and the menu buttons on the phone do not light up. Is there a fix for this?

Also the physical keyboard does not light up.

Last edited:

moocow1452

Nov 16, 2011
Livonia
^ Same here, plus the dpad on the keyboard is stuck in portrait controls, and period key do not work on the physical keyboard, so I got to end sentences somehow@

Sonkway

Apr 29, 2011
Colorado Springs
I ran pb21+sparksco's mem patch+7/14 kernel for a bit to test drive drive Sparksco's kernel and here's my results!

Overall it ran very smooth (with Apex launcher) with the occasional stutter but quick for the most part.

SMS and MMS worked great sending and receiving. Latest version of Play downloaded apps with no issues. GPS took a while to get a lock, but I was in a moving vehicle so that might not have helped, but once I got the lock it held fine. Exchange mail worked fine as well.

No way to turn on WiMax from settings, obviously, but there is still a toggle available for the notification bar. Still no luck though, got FC on System.UI. Bluetooth turned on, paired, AND connected with my car's hands-free, however, it caused a reboot as soon as it connected so unfortunately I couldn't use it. On CM7 it would pair but would not connect. So far only Sense ROMs have worked for this(hands-free). Also, the stock music app consistently caused reboots? Just me? Other media apps seamed to work fine both speaker and headset jack. Flashed the Swype zip which installed, able to change input too, but was not usable.

So close to an ICS ROM I could use a daily basis. Unfortunately not quite. I use a lot of the functionality of the Shift so it's hard to give up thing's like BT and 4G. The kernel's a beast though. Great to see all the development as of late!

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
I'm surprised your bluetooth did that. I have my bluetooth paired with my car and talked on it a bunch yesterday no problems. I'm running pb21 and sparko's kernel only.

Sonkway

Apr 29, 2011
Colorado Springs
I'm surprised your bluetooth did that. I have my bluetooth paired with my car and talked on it a bunch yesterday no problems. I'm running pb21 and sparko's kernel only.

Yeah it happened once and I haven't had a chance to try it, will have to though and see what happens. Also no video recording with the stock app, however, preview works and it does not force-close. Thanks for the heads-up on BT.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
No problem. I've tried a bunch of stuff for the video recording but I can't get it to work either. I thought it was working for me, because I do have a video saved on my phone, but it must have been recorded with a different ROM.

moocow1452

Nov 16, 2011
Livonia
So is it more or less agreed upon that using the non-pb builds is the way to go then, baring a new release?

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
So is it more or less agreed upon that using the non-pb builds is the way to go then, baring a new release?

I think its the opposite, I have way less problems with the pb build than the cm9 builds. I'm running pb21 with sparksco's kernel and the only think that doesn't work for me is video recording, which looks like Videocam Illusion solves for the time being.

Quetzalcoatl

Jan 12, 2012
I think its the opposite, I have way less problems with the pb build than the cm9 builds. I'm running pb21 with sparksco's kernel and the only think that doesn't work for me is video recording, which looks like Videocam Illusion solves for the time being.

When sparksco gave me the kernel to test out (the first one he released) video recording worked on pb21. Hd recording didn't work, but the other setting did, 480 I believe? Anyways, I haven't tried the newer kernel releases, but yeah.

konichwa

Oct 8, 2011
Seattle
:laugh:

Hooray, I can post here!!
First and foremost to the mod community, you all rock. My life feels more liberated day to day thanks to you.

Questions: why does the later release have bugs as opposed to pb21?
Torch Power Widget is greyed out, any idea why?
The patches, are you implementing them to your later releases?
Do you have a blog of your fixes/non-fixes that we can take a look at? It would be nice to have a tracker on this.

Thoughts on Video: Ustream works fine with the video and records, maybe some kind of easy work around.

I have been curious!

Kushdeck:

Continued, thank you for the stellar work! Genius you all are. Loved your earlier ROMs as well when working with CM7, I had rooted many phones using your deck. :)

======================-

Bugs/issues I have found thus far:

1) sometimes when I click on the WiFi/or Tethering Power Widget, they do not register

2) Earlier today the phone locked up and I had to reboot it. I think I was playing with "Video Illusion" to see if it would work.

3) Sometimes it lags up after accessing a bunch of Apps? Maybe this has to do with ICS more than anything, or killing processes that are still working.

4) Smartass acts really strange when it is being ran in "Scary" mode. Graphical glitches, etc. It happened wth the last release of CM7.2 as well.

Otherwise all the work is amazing. I can not wait to feel full ICS.. though, I may be switching out soon, but I do love my Shift. The keyboard is a big win for me.
:highfive:

moocow1452

Nov 16, 2011
Livonia

And that is what I wanted to ask, but backwards. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium