[Q] Unrooted but still has (Device Status: Custom)

Search This thread

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014
So I tried to root my phone (GT-N7100) running on 4.3 Jellybean, but had problems with Knox and Super User so I unrooted the device with Zedomax's help.

1.) Install the custom recovery
2.) Reset the Binary count with Traingle Away
3.) Unrooted with Super User

Root Checker says I dont have root, but Knox and OTA won't let me check for updates. Checked my Device Status still on Custom

I am LOST on what to do.. couldn't find anything. PLS HELP MEEE!! want my phone back to stock like out of the box. Phone is from the Philippines (Globe)

P.S. First time posting here (NOOB!):p

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
So I tried to root my phone (GT-N7100) running on 4.3 Jellybean, but had problems with Knox and Super User so I unrooted the device with Zedomax's help.

Root Checker says I dont have root, but Knox and OTA won't let me check for updates. Checked my Device Status still on Custom

I am LOST on what to do.. couldn't find anything. PLS HELP MEEE!! want my phone back to stock like out of the box. Phone is from the Philippines (Globe)

Now, we do not any solution for tripping Knox and resetting knox counter. But you've to flash your phone with official rom by downloading it from: sampro.pl/firmware/android/samsung-gt-n7100/.

First check your phone's current version by dialing *#1234# and then select proper rom from provided website. This might (But not guarantee it) help you to avail official updates.

Reactions: FTBLLKiD

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014
Now, we do not any solution for tripping Knox and resetting knox counter. But you've to flash your phone with official rom by downloading it from: sampro.pl/firmware/android/samsung-gt-n7100/.

First check your phone's current version by dialing *#1234# and then select proper rom from provided website. This might (But not guarantee it) help you to avail official updates.

Thanks!! Will try it. Will this solve the device status problem?:victory:

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014

Found my Country and carrier but only CSC matches with my phone not the build number? Should I continue?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune

Definitely sure about Knox it would not restore to 0x0. But you'll avail official update.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Found my Country and carrier but only CSC matches with my phone not the build number? Should I continue?

As per my advice try to find replica of your stock firmware. You may, but backup first your efs partition. In case if that no matched for your device it'd probably delete your IMEI, wifi, bluetooth address. Later it helps easily restore the data without any kinda worries.

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014
Definitely sure about Knox it would not restore to 0x0. But you'll avail official update.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

As per my advice try to find replica of your stock firmware. You may, but backup first your efs partition. In case if that no matched for your device it'd probably delete your IMEI, wifi, bluetooth address. Later it helps easily restore the data without any kinda worries.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but in order to back-up EFS you need a rooted phone right? or is there a safe way to back-up EFS
with an unrooted phone

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014
You don't need a rooted phone at all, but a custom recovery like - CWM recovery, Philz Touch, TWRP etc.

hey got another question, why do I need to flash the stock rom/firmware when I just rooted my phone and installed Super User but didn't flash a custom rom, only used Odin to get Philz touch 5.15 and used Philz touch for SuperSU. sorry for asking too much :)

Last edited:

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
hey got another question, why do I need to flash the stock rom/firmware when I just rooted my phone and installed Super User but didn't flash a custom rom, only used Odin to get Philz touch 5.15 and used Philz touch for SuperSU. sorry for asking too much :)

Nope you didn't need at all, that's needed when you're selling your phone, because person next to you whomever will likely to need stocked phone... And all.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

when you rooted your phone, there's a modified inside the system, that's why samsung bootloader will detect it as "modified/custom" instead of "official". I know your ROM is still official after you unroot it. But, unroot just remove the access to the root/system file. Whatever modified during the rooting process earlier will remain the same. Therefore, if you want to get an "official" status back, you have to flash stock original firmware after you have clean binary, & unroot your device.

cheers.

FTBLLKiD

Mar 14, 2014
when you rooted your phone, there's a modified inside the system, that's why samsung bootloader will detect it as "modified/custom" instead of "official". I know your ROM is still official after you unroot it. But, unroot just remove the access to the root/system file. Whatever modified during the rooting process earlier will remain the same. Therefore, if you want to get an "official" status back, you have to flash stock original firmware after you have clean binary, & unroot your device.

cheers.

Hahaha thought Triangle Away would fix that device status problem being Modified/Custom

So you know anyway to download the stock rom quicker. My downloads are always unsuccesful...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but in order to back-up EFS you need a rooted phone right? or is there a safe way to back-up EFS
    with an unrooted phone
    You don't need a rooted phone at all, but a custom recovery like - CWM recovery, Philz Touch, TWRP etc.

Nope you didn't need at all, that's needed when you're selling your phone, because person next to you whomever will likely to need stocked phone... And all.