Perfect WM and Android Combination. NO ECHO OR SOD! Updated: 8/7/10

Search This thread

RobbyTouchHD

Dec 24, 2008
Nürnberg
I´m using the newest maxsence elegancia rom and I´m using android all day without echo or sod or any problems for some days now and I´m taking nearly 20 calls every day!

Scoop24

Apr 14, 2010
NY
This fix worked perfect for me. Thanks I haven't been having any more sound issues.

audscott

Feb 15, 2008
Seattle, WA
I´m using the newest maxsence elegancia rom and I´m using android all day without echo or sod or any problems for some days now and I´m taking nearly 20 calls every day!

Ditto: Never formatted my SD card (EVER!) or danced around the phone with a feather in my cap.

I really appreciate the time and thought so many have put into this thread, but I disagree with the "one size/configuration fits all" methodology.

For example, I have run Android from an Android file on my SD card as instructed with SOD or mah repetition results and the reverse. I have run Android after being in WinMo for half a day when the common suggestion is to run within a few minutes of booting into Windows.

Point is: This doesn't work for everyone. What I have found is the last three releases - 8-1 and particularly 8-3, have been quite close to usable.....then again, that's my perception, not necessarily shared by the masses.

Once again - not a flame - the OP and several participants have put a lot of energy into this, but I feel my participation is to play devil's advocate for anyone on the fence about starting all over by flashing back to T-Mo's crappy ROM.

robrob777

Mar 31, 2010
miri 17.6 6.5.x + darkstone froyo v1+ 8/3 cotulla KN

0 problems either.. my phone has an "up time" of 22.37 hrs, I'll see how many hours i can run without a crash.

I think the battery life is the same or more than winmo.

I think I'll never come back to winmo, this thing is faster and it is running from the sd card!

Radio: latest stock us HD2 radio, i think it is 2.10.50.26

SD card, stock 16gb t mobile

Last edited:

malaeus

Mar 27, 2009
+1 to OP, combination stated fixed my persistent robot voice and low volume. everything is great, running on about 14hrs with no SOD.

dnunez05

Jan 3, 2008
UPDATE:

I added a step 6 to the instructions. Some people are having issues installing applications. Simply overwrite the img file with the one located in the Android folder in the SD card.

This will reset all your Android settings back to factory but who cares, we can always put them back. :D

poweroutlet

Jul 28, 2010
I have a TMOUS HD2
running:

Energy Dinik Glass theme winmo
2.08 HSPL
Radio 2.10.50.26
and mattc Froyo 1.4

I have yet to get a single SOD or any robovoice.
Very stable, feels as if android was the native OS of my Leo. Only issues are that its still a little bit slower than other android devices and not so good power management. Some programs and features don't work, and we all know what those are. As soon as these are sorted, should be awesome. Being able to use more than 256 mb of the HD2s ram will greatly improve the capability of the phone.

Ultra13

Nov 17, 2009
After first installation of android rom it was extremely slow. After I rebooted it is alot quicker. Nice rom. Thanks for everyones hard work.

mdskrzypczyk

Mar 30, 2010
Downers Grove
I have an issue I want to bring up, this is probably unique to me but I am unable to send text messages. I've restarted my phone, and made sure to format before install and I'm really upset so if anyone has a fix I could really use it.

Sick Nasty

Apr 29, 2009
San Fran
I don't see the userdata.img file in the /android folder. Is this created after first boot? Or is it named just data.img?

deejspyder

May 17, 2010
hey im having the same issue i cant send a text ive been trying everything but no go so if any info let me know

Sick Nasty

Apr 29, 2009
San Fran
unable to mount sd card

incase anyone has the issue I did and gets the error "unable to mount sd card" then goes into a battery loop I thought maybe it took a long time to load but nope. It was stuck in a loop. So what I did to fix was *specifically with this tutorial* I went into the startup.txt and returned the line
Code:
set cmdline "rel_path=Android loop_partition=mmcblk0"  back to just [COLOR="Red"]set cmdline "rel_path=Android" [/COLOR]

Hope this helps someone...:cool:

sudeep62589

Aug 19, 2009
0 problems either.. my phone has an "up time" of 22.37 hrs, I'll see how many hours i can run without a crash.

I think the battery life is the same or more than winmo.

I think I'll never come back to winmo, this thing is faster and it is running from the sd card!

Radio: latest stock us HD2 radio, i think it is 2.10.50.26

SD card, stock 16gb t mobile

yea my phone is at 47:06 and working pleasantly

Eddiekags

Aug 3, 2010
incase anyone has the issue I did and gets the error "unable to mount sd card" then goes into a battery loop I thought maybe it took a long time to load but nope. It was stuck in a loop. So what I did to fix was *specifically with this tutorial* I went into the startup.txt and returned the line
Code:
set cmdline "rel_path=Android loop_partition=mmcblk0"  back to just [COLOR="Red"]set cmdline "rel_path=Android" [/COLOR]

Hope this helps someone...:cool:

Im having this exact problem, But ur link wont work. :confused:

mumbo_jumbo

Feb 27, 2009
Santa Ana, CA
i need to change font in order to read asian language such "Vietnamese" can some one kindly provide some info i've done this b4 with my G1 but not really sure about Android on HD2 thanks in advance BTW great rom n tut

never mind i got it thanks any way

Last edited: