Need help.. Bootloader Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

Search This thread

anducly

Oct 18, 2010
I need help.. I failed trying to sbf my phone and now i see a black screen with this message every time i turn on my phone.

Bootloader
D2.35
Err:A5,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Tranfer Mode: USB

What do i do??

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
I need help.. I failed trying to sbf my phone and now i see a black screen with this message every time i turn on my phone.

Bootloader
D2.35

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program

What do i do??

What phone D2 or D2 G and which SBF did you use?
I assume you used the 2.2.00 sbf when you needed the 2.3.20 SBF once you have the 2.3.20 update the bootloader is changed and won't accept the 2.2.0 sbf.

IF that's the case you need to try flashing it with the 2.3.20 SBF found HERE

Read the bottom of THIS post if you get a bootloop or stuck at the M logo screen.

Last edited:

THATONEGUY229

Dec 11, 2010
Gray
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I know that this post is a little old but I thought that my phone was finished. Again Thank You!

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale

Bootloader
D2.35

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program

What do i do??

I have a similar problem. I just got this phone and dont know the history other than the ESN is clear with vzw. It goes str8 to the BL screen and has this...

Bootloader
D2.35

Battery OK
OK to program

I Dloaded RSD lite 4.7 an the 2.35 BL sbf as well as the orig 2.2 and 2.3 FW sbf's. RSD will communicate with the phone. I can reload the BL sbf if I open the sbf file but none of the FW sbf will load in RSD, the start button command stays grayed out. Also in RSD on line 1 of the phone status it shows connected but above that in the device properties box info for the meid/esn etc show N/A.

I can access the recovery menu and at the bottom there is an error report for accessing recovery cache in a folder path.

Can I put an update.zip on an sd card and try to revive this thing that way or maybe I am doing something wrong? I am guessing this is the result of some botched flash job.

I have done some modding on my Droid X such as backing it up, deodexing and put the Liberty ROM on it as well and changing ROMS on my android tablet so I have some of the basics down but after much searching & reading I am seeking help with this one. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Now my battery is dead, I have found in other threads that a blank software device wont charge the battery if this helps

Last edited:

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
I have a similar problem. I just got this phone and dont know the history other than the ESN is clear with vzw.

I Dloaded RSD lite 4.7 an the 2.35 BL sbf as well as the orig 2.2 and 2.3 FW sbf's. RSD will communicate with the phone. I can reload the BL sbf if I open the sbf file but none of the FW sbf will load in RSD.
Maybe try flashing in linux and make sure you have read up about flashing SBF's on a DX. I don't know which one to flash as this is the D2 section and I have a D2.
I can access the recovery menu and at the bottom there is an error report for accessing recovery cache in a folder path.
This error is normal disregard it.
Can I put an update.zip on an sd card and try to revive this thing that way or maybe I am doing something wrong? I am guessing this is the result of some botched flash job.
That would work if you can find an update.zip made by moto that will go through the bootloader. And it doesn't really matter how it got here but probably it is a bad flash or a wrong ROM. (You might try connecting it via wall charger (not USB) while it's powered down then turn it on and see if you can get into clockwork recovery.)
Edit: Now my battery is dead, I have found in other threads that a blank software device wont charge the battery if this helps
You need to find someone with a DX to swap/charge your battery with so you can get in and flash it or you need an external battery charger (one that will charge the battery outside of the phone).

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Hi, thank you for the reply. I know I made comments about my DX I have as well but to be clear this is a Droid 2 I am working on. I will get the battery charged somehow and let you know what I come up with, thanks again

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
Hi, thank you for the reply. I know I made comments about my DX I have as well but to be clear this is a Droid 2 I am working on.
Oh. In that case you need the 2.3.20 SBF found here http://droid2files.com/tools/VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf after you can get the phone charged. (If it helps the D2 has the same size battery as the D1 so you can swap/charge a D2 battery with a D2 or a D1.)
Also try finding RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9 as they might work better for you. I'd give you a link but I Haven't flashed an SBF with RSDlite I just use linux.

Reactions: Ronbo85

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Cool thank you again. I got the battery charging via a rig I have done before with other devices from a camera charger. My linux(zorin) machine lost keyboard function out of the clear blue I havent had a chance to sort it yet(another project lol) but I do have a live usb thumb drive setup to use for linux. I'll try on this windows machine for now.

I'll keep you posted as to the results

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
well I got the battery charged up. I still have this problem when I select either the 2.2 or 2.3 sbf files the start button for applying the flash stays grayed out as if the files are invalid. If I select a bootloader sbf the start button is ok and I can load the BL sbf. I tried switching to rsd 4.8 too. I will keep playing around with it and maybe try to get my linux pc going.

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Ok well even tho I had a few copies of the sbf files I went ahead and dloaded the one you linked. It would load in the rsd app but when I hit start to apply I get.... "Failed Flashing Process (0x7100) and this happens right away

Last edited:

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Ok well even tho I had a few copies of the sbf files I went ahead and dloaded the one you linked. It would load in the rsd app but when I hit start to apply I get.... "Failed Flashing Process (0x7100) and this happens right away

Are you still using rsdlite 4.7? I had problems with it not too long ago. Downloaded 4.8 and worked like a charm. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sent from my ultra fast Liberated Droid 2

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn

You might need to put the file in the C: drive of your windows box. At least that's what a another forum post found from a Google search suggested.

Or try linux Check here for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=804088. It's an old version of Ubuntu and there are somethings I want to add to it, I'll be updating it as soon as I have some free time to put it together using the 10.10 version.

Last edited:

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I found this link... http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...-failed-flashing-process-0x7100-rsd-lite.html check out post #32

It does make a difference where the file is located yes and I got the sbf to perform the flash but after a lengthy process looks like about 3 steps and it takes 3-5 min I end up with a fail messege. There is more info I could provide but its been a long Monday I need to give it a break and now the batt is low again.

Thank you all again for your much appreciated help. I will regroup tomorrow. I will try to log in on my phone to see any ideas I mite need to think over.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, thank you for the reply. I know I made comments about my DX I have as well but to be clear this is a Droid 2 I am working on.
    Oh. In that case you need the 2.3.20 SBF found here http://droid2files.com/tools/VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf after you can get the phone charged. (If it helps the D2 has the same size battery as the D1 so you can swap/charge a D2 battery with a D2 or a D1.)
    Also try finding RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9 as they might work better for you. I'd give you a link but I Haven't flashed an SBF with RSDlite I just use linux.