[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
bump, please help

Hi everyone, awesome thread!

was wondering if someone could help me to figure out how to pull the settings button over to the left as far as possible in the notification pull down, here is a current shot of what it looks like now and the .apk

device20130118235112.png

engagewithrage

Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone know how to theme the Device Options window that pops up after holding the lock button for a few seconds? Been looking everywhere and not seeing anything helpful. This is the only piece I need to mod before I get my Darthstalker Rom themed just the way I want it:D

AndroidGraphix

Apr 4, 2011
Paradise Valley, AZ
Does anyone know how to theme the Device Options window that pops up after holding the lock button for a few seconds? Been looking everywhere and not seeing anything helpful. This is the only piece I need to mod before I get my Darthstalker Rom themed just the way I want it:D

Should be in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi/tw_dialog_bottom_medium_holo_dark.9 + tw_dialog_bottom_holo_dark.9

SmiLey497

May 7, 2009
SF, CA - NYC

Look for images starting with tw_dialog in framework-res.apk /res/drawable-xdhpi

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I'm trying to do the same as well trying to make it match the aosp theme I have going but no luck

feel free to compare my systemui.apk from my aosp theme.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

feel free to compare my systemui.apk from my aosp theme.

also that is somewhere in systemui.apk, res/layout/ and in one of the tw_stauts_bar.xmls

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Anybody know what png or XML edit these button belongs too?
kAvx57Q.jpg

EpoVtyy.jpg

not specifically but, framework-res.apk i am almost sure of it is in there somwhere sorry if this is no help

arocker

Feb 12, 2012
Jersey City, NJ
Ill post this here as well because the main att thread seems to be dead.

Hello

some help please. im trying to change the color of the volume/brightness sliders. not the scubber buttons or the background but the color of the line that increases/decreases. i thought i recolored all .9pngs associated with the sliders including progress primary and scrubber primary in both xhdpi and hdpi folders but it still stays the same color. is it an xml im missing? please help or advice.

thank you.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Ill post this here as well because the main att thread seems to be dead.

Hello

some help please. im trying to change the color of the volume/brightness sliders. not the scubber buttons or the background but the color of the line that increases/decreases. i thought i recolored all .9pngs associated with the sliders including progress primary and scrubber primary in both xhdpi and hdpi folders but it still stays the same color. is it an xml im missing? please help or advice.

thank you.

.xml
try progress_horizontal.xml in framework-res.apk

Reactions: arocker

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
tw_widget_progressbar_large_light.png

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong here?
Instead of being smooth my image looks choppy.

I'm new to theming :(

Logicsupraboy1

Jan 4, 2012
I have a video demonstrating how I'm approaching it. Maybe you could figure it out if you look at it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Landon418

May 20, 2012
Nevermind

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361409956846.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361409956846.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the carriers were split up and the most posts in the original thread came from the AT&T themers, I think we should make that the main thread.
    [All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions
    Please post in the thread linked above so we can keep all the info in one thread.

Since themeing Samsung's TouchWiz UI is not quite as simple as AOSP, and sometimes even device specific, I thought it would be nice to have thread for the themers here to help each other, post tips and things like that so we can all learn and get some killer themes going on this thing.

Also, (if this gets becomes a sticky) we can keep the themeing question threads to a minimum.

For those of you that don't know me, I've been themeing Android for about a year and a half now. I started on the Epic 4G then moved over to the Nexus S 4G. I'm always willing to help others at time permits.

Happy Themeing!

Since the US carriers were combined into one forum, please note the carrier for you device when posting.

When people are helping you make sure you use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation!

Here are some goodies that have been posted so far.

Remove Carrier ID from status bar on AT&T rom: Thanks to mrvirginia & deserted1 Here

Guide to remove Carrier ID / Clock from the status bar by deserted1

How to center the clock by Swiftks

Some more status bar mods thanks to freeza

There are many other tips, hints, how to's, and tools in the thread so please search to help keep the thread clean.
    Hmm. The only images I see on the ROM from there are the toggles. I also changed the extended power menu icons at framework-res, but I haven't had any luck finding how to edit the background color of the menus. I've been told it is in res/values/styles.xml but I don't know which line(s) to edit. There are more than 2000 lines in there.

I was told it's the popup dark pngs in framework res drawable xhdpi. :D

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
    Thanks, I'll check once more.

Popup dark top, middle, and bottom. There's 3.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
    Can someone explain why I cant decompile any 4.2 systemui's? I am using apk multitool. I can decompile and recompile framework-res all day long but systemui's always error out saying that the file can not be found? Any help would be appreciated.

You probably need to add the latest APKTOOL to your system path. There should be three files you can add there.
    does anyone know what controls the color of the text in the header titles that are blocked off so i can change the hex to transparent.
    I'm thinking SecContacts.apk res/values/colors.xml but not sure which one, if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated,

device20130330004403.png
    In the layout folder, open actionbar_custom_tab.xml

There is a text view line...add

android:visibility="gone"

to that line and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317