[Q] Power button will not work

Search This thread

lelidsn

Oct 5, 2013
São Paulo
My Gmini power button will not work on rom or recovery, but works to turn on. :eek: :eek:

this happened after catching a virus, but I already did wip at all, and not resolved.:crying:

Anyone know a way to fix or is hopeless :confused: :crying:

niru4e

Aug 12, 2013
Bangalore
Update

My Gmini power button will not work on rom or recovery, but works to turn on. :eek: :eek:

this happened after catching a virus, but I already did wip at all, and not resolved.:crying:

Anyone know a way to fix or is hopeless :confused: :crying:

Please Update your phone through kies and then check or press emergency recovery button :good:

niru4e

Aug 12, 2013
Bangalore
Repair

Give it to a repair shop (Where they repair your phone). This is the only way as you have tried all methods. Yet it costs some Rupees :(

Venkatesh

Give it to a repair shop (Where they repair your phone). This is the only way as you have tried all methods. Yet it costs some Rupees :(

Be careful..it might brick your phone completely as the power button is linked to motherboard. This has happened to my friend's mini, when he gave it in so called samsung service center....even they failed to repair power button and bricked his phone...they gave him a dead phone..

This is not the right section to post your questions/help....you should post this kind of questions in q/a section.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Last edited:

aakashasaj

Mar 20, 2012
Surat
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Dude, virus cannot affect your hardware. But still if you think then make a full.format
Go to cwm - mount - format system etc
P.S this will format your OS too u then need immediatly flash a rom.
Or
Open your galaxy mini
Clean power button
Re close it
It's simple YouTube it.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

niru4e

Aug 12, 2013
Bangalore
Be careful..it might brick your phone completely as the power button is linked to motherboard. This is happened to my friend's mini. when he gave it in so called samsung service center....even they failed to repair power button and bricked his phone...they gave him a dead phone..

This is not the right section to post your questions/help....you should this kind of posts in q/a section.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
Thanks I never knew this I will also try my best to repair the phome by flashing

Lodaserves

Apr 9, 2014
I tried this updating your phone through kies and then check or press emergency recovery button

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
There's no such thing as virus can affects the power button.

Really, Android malware isn't exact thing as Window's malware. Android's virus needs permission to make your power button not working.

This is a hardware problem, I believe. Try to send it to SSC.

#F4UZAN

lelidsn

Oct 5, 2013
São Paulo
I managed to fix the button. How? I dont know :eek:
but I'll tell what happened.

I installed the Miui rom v4 by magmini, a couple days later I was watching a video and turned the phone upside down. :eek: :eek:
and the button is working again, I'm still trying to understand what happened. :confused:
:eek: :eek:

Thanks everyone for trying to help. :D :victory: