issues with messaging - not sending mms

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
hi guys,
I rarley follow this forum as my wife wont let me touch her moto x, so this is a non-rooted unlocked addition bought direct from Motorolla and used with T-mobile US.
Her issue has been intermediate and not always reproduceable, sometimes when she sends MMS they arent recieved but about 70% or more are. and about 99% of here SMS are recieved when sent.
Issue has been present since day one (about 6 months ago now) and she only now has gotten fed up and wants a fix. She mostly uses hangouts but issue is present when using defult android messaging app as well.
APNs look correct, T-mobile blames Motorolla and Motorolla blames T-mobile.

I was hoping someone would know if this is a common issue or know of a fix or know if there is someone who really is at fault (other than me for only doing minimum searching before posting this thread - at work now but pregnant wife needs a fix now...)

any help would be much appreciated!
thanks

Groid

May 7, 2010
You could try this: Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names > T-mobile US LTE (touch this one) > APN type (scroll down to get to) > add ,dun to the end of the string after fota. APN type should read 'default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun'. Restart and try mms again. Also, there are a number of good mms apps besides Hangouts or stock Messaging. I'm using 8sms from Play store and I really like it. I have it set up as the default messaging app and have it active for Active Notifications. At home, Assist reads out my incoming texts and lets me reply or not all by voice. I don't have to touch the phone or see the display.

Reactions: demkantor

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Thanks for the reply,
Still haven't had a chance to dig through this any further but I will for sure test out your suggestions when I get a chance.
Mostly was just curious if this was a common issue or is this one more unlucky cell phone thing that my wife has to deal with (seems like every phone she has had has had issues)
I'll post back with the results,
Thanks again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks for the reply,
Still haven't had a chance to dig through this any further but I will for sure test out your suggestions when I get a chance.
Mostly was just curious if this was a common issue or is this one more unlucky cell phone thing that my wife has to deal with (seems like every phone she has had has had issues)
I'll post back with the results,
Thanks again

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I had a problem with that APN setting to on my razr M once when it was a fairly new phone refused to send my text messages had to add a new APN don't remember exactly but it did fix the problem never had issue again.. google it you should get some info there that's how I fixed it

evilthx

Mar 25, 2011
Moto X Not sending MMS fix.

Clear Cache Partition.
1. Turn the phone off.
2. When the phone is off, hold the volume down button 2-3 seconds and TAP the power button. You will see a few options on the screen.
3. Use the volume DOWN key to highlight RECOVERY.
4. Use the volume UP key to select it.
5. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark).
6. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key.
7. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).
8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option.
9. The device will then perform the partition wipe, this will take a few min, don't be alarmed. The phone will reboot on its own when done.

My non sending MMS's were fixed instantly by doing this and you will not lose ANY of your settings or pics or music or contacts... it just wipes the Cache. I hope this helps any and or all of you with this issue.

Stock Moto X XT1058 Unlocked on T-Mobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could try this: Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names > T-mobile US LTE (touch this one) > APN type (scroll down to get to) > add ,dun to the end of the string after fota. APN type should read 'default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun'. Restart and try mms again. Also, there are a number of good mms apps besides Hangouts or stock Messaging. I'm using 8sms from Play store and I really like it. I have it set up as the default messaging app and have it active for Active Notifications. At home, Assist reads out my incoming texts and lets me reply or not all by voice. I don't have to touch the phone or see the display.