[Q] MOTO X buying from US

Search This thread

Anwarmohd1512

Nov 11, 2013
warangal
Hi

Iam about o buy a MOTO X with GSM Unlocked provided by NET10 Carrier in US. will this mobile work with my vodafone carrier in INDIA.

Expected answers in a day

thanks in Advance

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
From what I've been reading, the X from net10 is the XT1053 GSM Unlocked version,. It is SIM unlocked and should be bootloader unlockable.

If that is true, then similar to the GSM Unlocked XT1053 and Developer Edition XT1053, the Net10 X will support the following frequencies...

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ : 850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)
LTE: 700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)

If your carrier uses those, then the phone will work. If you've seen threads talking about the USA Dev Edition, or GSM Unlocked Edition being used in India, then it will work.

This thread -> http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/moto-x-indian-thread-pricing-t2662264 seems to indicate the XT1052 is being sold/used in India... Based on Wikipedia, the XT1052 supports different LTE bands, and there is a slight difference in the UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ support.

sudocode

Jul 5, 2012
From what I've been reading, the X from net10 is the XT1053 GSM Unlocked version,. It is SIM unlocked and should be bootloader unlockable.

Not doubting you, but do you have source for this? Everything I've been reading has left the model number out. If it is an XT1053, that would be awesome, but I don't want to buy the phone and find out it has Net10 firmware on it.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Not doubting you, but do you have source for this? Everything I've been reading has left the model number out. If it is an XT1053, that would be awesome, but I don't want to buy the phone and find out it has Net10 firmware on it.
Sorry, I thought this AndroidPolice article said the model -> http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07/09/deal-alert-moto-x-on-net-10-is-299-100-off-until-july-16th/

but apparently it was discussion in the comments... does not appear confirmed.

THe Moto Maker web site calls it GSM Unlocked includes Net10 Wireless SIM... hence the speculation its the same XT1053 GSM Unlocked but includes a Net10 sim rather than T-Mobile.

Last edited:
Reactions: sudocode

sudocode

Jul 5, 2012
I may just take a chance on ordering it, and if it isn't an XT1053 i'll just return it for a refund.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I ordered one and will let you all know. I live in Colorado so hopefully it comes quick from Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
For what its worth... Found this just now on Motorolas Twitter.
3unujaqy.jpg

Reactions: KidJoe

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
Came with 4.4.3. If I unlock the boot loader is there a root method available for 4.4.3?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Came with 4.4.3. If I unlock the boot loader is there a root method available for 4.4.3?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Only towel root as far as i know....and don't think it works right without pie.

I might be wrong, never needed any of it. Lol

And you can't downgrade....but you probably know that. ?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I was able to flash twrp via fastboot and then install supersu no problem and now rooted.

So you were able to get the unlock code from the official moto website? If so, that is great news!

Some of us were wondering if net10 would allow moto to give the codes out for phones purchased as 'net10' phones, since most of domestic carriers don't allow it (exception being t-mobile).

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
So you were able to get the unlock code from the official moto website? If so, that is great news!

Some of us were wondering if net10 would allow moto to give the codes out for phones purchased as 'net10' phones, since most of domestic carriers don't allow it (exception being t-mobile).

Yes I was able to get the unlock code. Also of interesting note is the first pamphlet inside the moto x box was a quick instruction on how to activate the phone and it had tmobile information and numbers to call haha.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I also had to make a trip to T-Mobile to get a nano Sim card since my note 3 used micro Sim card and wouldn't fit obviously. Anyone wanna by a brand new unopened net 10 Sim lol.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I also had to make a trip to T-Mobile to get a nano Sim card since my note 3 used micro Sim card and wouldn't fit obviously. Anyone wanna by a brand new unopened net 10 Sim lol.

Just FYI, you can use scissors to cut any size SIM down to micro or nano (I've done it successfully multiple times). There is a lady at the mall kiosk that does exactly that (doesn't even use one of the SIM-Cutting machines that you can get on Amazon for only a few bucks...) LOL! And she charges $10 to do it!! haha

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
Just FYI, you can use scissors to cut any size SIM down to micro or nano (I've done it successfully multiple times). There is a lady at the mall kiosk that does exactly that (doesn't even use one of the SIM-Cutting machines that you can get on Amazon for only a few bucks...) LOL! And she charges $10 to do it!! haha
Hmm, never even crossed my mind to try that. I paid 9.99 for it at the T-Mobile store so not too bad, but yes, free is better.

Top Liked Posts