Thunderbolt calling issue

Search This thread

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 28, 2011
Garland
Just wondering why the dbags who made this phone disabled calling with LTE disabled, or is that just my phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dbu

Mar 25, 2009
Just wondering why the dbags who made this phone disabled calling with LTE disabled, or is that just my phone?

Voice isn't transmitted over LTE so it's more than likely your phone, or you have the wrong network mode selected. If you don't want to be on LTE you need to be on CDMA/EvDo Auto....

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

sonami

Nov 12, 2010
Yea, voice goes over 1x. And probly always will, there's just not enough data in voice to warrant anything more.

Sent from my TBolt using my f***king thumbs...

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 28, 2011
Garland
I am only getting LTE/CDMA or CDMA only, no other choice. I guess I will just keep it rocking LTE and just connect WiFi when I can.

dwittmier

Jan 21, 2010
I just spent a week in a 'no LTE' area. I turned off LTE in settings (CDMA only) and had no problems with phone calls.

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
What does LTE turned off have to do with being able to make a call.
You can take the SIM card out and still make a call.

Sent from my Verizon 4GLTE HTC Thunderbolt

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 28, 2011
Garland
Not sure but with my phone if LTE is off all my calls close before they start with a message of "Call lost".

Sent by way of carrier pidgeon.

sonami

Nov 12, 2010
That is not right, if your phone is doing that it is broken, take it back and get a new one.

seemcity

Feb 2, 2010
Actually if you take the simcard out you won't be able to use LTE phone at all unless you want to browse the internet over wifi.

Last edited:

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
Actually if you take the simcard out you won't be able to use LTE phone at all unless you want to browse the internet over wifi.

Nobody said data without SIM, just voice, which is accurate. You can still make calls without the sim inserted.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App

Dnakaman

Apr 30, 2010
Kansas
If you have assisted dialing turned off, it will cause issues with trying to dial numbers.

If your numbers have area codes and a "1" in your contacts, they will not work unless you have assisted dialing checked on.

sonami

Nov 12, 2010
If you have assisted dialing turned off, it will cause issues with trying to dial numbers.

If your numbers have area codes and a "1" in your contacts, they will not work unless you have assisted dialing checked on.

Totally not true. I have yet to have any problems, and I have an out of state number.