[PLACEHOLDER] [01.10.2013] HTC One X firmware collection for different CID/MID

Search This thread

Zlotin

Jul 23, 2006
The City of Cologne
:confused: Sorry for noob question but cant find an answer. I am currently running leedroid custom rom. If I update firmware, will my ICS rom still run? Cheers in advance....
Its just that I dont want to end up in panic and having to install a JB rom.

Yup, everything will be ok, except AOSP Roms like CM10 or ICJ.
I`m currently running ViperX on 1.28 Hboot

Reactions: veroby

culac

Mar 26, 2010
London
Are carrier based CIDs not going to be able to install custom JB ROMS until the carriers get around to releasing the update? If so that is bad news. What's the point of unlocking, rooting etc, if we're still bound by sluggish carrier updates?

Pretty sure my CID is H3G_something, so if this is the case I'll be waiting many months more.

engwee

Feb 16, 2011
You should be able to flash the new firmware and then flash a custom rom.

PM sent ;)

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..
So admittedly I first flashed the firmware without relocking the bootloader. It updated it, but then I was stuck in boot loops..

So right after I redid everything fresh

1. relock bootloader
2. flash the firmware in fastboot oem rebootRUU (twice just for safety, altho it worked with from first flash)
3. unlock bootloader
4. install cwm
5. erase cache (just in case)
6. install boot.img from ARHD 1.12
7. install ARHD 1.12 with wipe

Now I'm still getting bootloops.. what can I do?

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
If you install this can you still roll back to the orignal ICS version using the RUU??
No you can't
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..
So admittedly I first flashed the firmware without relocking the bootloader. It updated it, but then I was stuck in boot loops..

So right after I redid everything fresh

1. relock bootloader
2. flash the firmware in fastboot oem rebootRUU (twice just for safety, altho it worked with from first flash)
3. unlock bootloader
4. install cwm
5. erase cache (just in case)
6. install boot.img from ARHD 1.12
7. install ARHD 1.12 with wipe

Now I'm still getting bootloops.. what can I do?
Confirm that your hboot was indeed updated - check in bootloader mode. You may need to hold power button in for a few seconds until it reboots and then press vol down. You should have either 1.28 or 1.31 depending on the version you installed. Are you sure that you flashed the correct boot.img from ARHD 12? Did you check the md5 of the rom file to ensure it isn't corrupt? Your steps taken are correct and it should work.

Reactions: MaxFTW

engwee

Feb 16, 2011
Yes.. I now have the hboot version 1.28 and I double checked the boot.img , so yes.. only thing I haven't checked is the md5.
Right now I flashed stock recovery, relocked and using a older RUU I have, hope it will make the phone boot. <--- so yea, this worked, it also downgraded my HBOOT to 0.95.0000

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Yes.. I now have the hboot version 1.28 and I double checked the boot.img , so yes.. only thing I haven't checked is the md5.
Right now I flashed stock recovery, relocked and using a older RUU I have, hope it will make the phone boot. <--- so yea, this worked, it also downgraded my HBOOT to 0.95.0000
Are you s-off?

engwee

Feb 16, 2011
yes!

tried all this again and still failed, guess I'll have to wait for OTA.

Last edited:

veroby

Aug 24, 2012
London
:confused: Am I missing something. I have the right cid HTC_001 and use these commands-fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip. But failed on flash zip firmware zip twice.

Do i need to install custom rom first. There is a thread saying now Htc has released source code that if you are rooted all you have to do is flash custom rom where the developer has incorporated the new source code into his rom.

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
:confused: Am I missing something. I have the right cid HTC_001 and use these commands-fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip. But failed on flash zip firmware zip twice.

Do i need to install custom rom first. There is a thread saying now Htc has released source code that if you are rooted all you have to do is flash custom rom where they developer has incorporated the new source code into his rom.
No, is your bootloader locked? You need to first lock bootloader and then use the oem rebootRUU command and then flash the firmware.zip. Also are you using the correct firmware zip for your cid, ie 1.28?

Reactions: veroby

MaxFTW

May 16, 2012
Łódź
I have ORANGB10 CID and I have already seen some people in Poland having official stock Jelly Bean. How can I get it? I tried to flash RUU following the instructions in threads, but it always gives error. I am on Revo HD 9.7.2 now, but I want to upgrade to Sense JB!

Please, help. I tried everything:
  1. Orange RUU/International Europe 1.29
  2. boot and recovery taken from rom.zip flashed via fastboot
  3. relock bootloader
  4. Run RUU
  5. ERROR ALWAYS!!!

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
I have ORANGB10 CID and I have already seen some people in Poland having official stock Jelly Bean. How can I get it? I tried to flash RUU following the instructions in threads, but it always gives error. I am on Revo HD 9.7.2 now, but I want to upgrade to Sense JB!

Please, help. I tried everything:
  1. Orange RUU/International Europe 1.29
  2. boot and recovery taken from rom.zip flashed via fastboot
  3. relock bootloader
  4. Run RUU
  5. ERROR ALWAYS!!!
Are you trying to flash the 1.29.401 ruu to your ORANGB10 cid device? That can't be done unless you have s-off. Run the command fastboot getvar version-main, that is the only ruu that you can flash to get back to stock.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
And will i be able to upgrade to stock JB then?
No as you still need to wait for your operator Orange to release the necessary OTA file in order to upgrade your hboot version. But you will need to be on stock ICS in order to get the OTA update. You will however probably still need to wait a few weeks before that upgrade will be available

MaxFTW

May 16, 2012
Łódź
No as you still need to wait for your operator Orange to release the necessary OTA file in order to upgrade your hboot version. But you will need to be on stock ICS in order to get the OTA update. You will however probably still need to wait a few weeks before that upgrade will be available

OK, and with JB from Orange I will get hboot 1.28, right?

BTW, my carrier is T-Mobile, I bought new dear HOX on Polish alternative of ebay and it had ORANGE CID :(

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
OK, and with JB from Orange I will get hboot 1.28, right?

BTW, my carrier is T-Mobile, I bought new dear HOX on Polish alternative of ebay and it had ORANGE CID :(
The new hboot that is being rolled out is 1.31. Even though you are using T-Mobile as your carrier, with your device having an Orange CID, you will need to wait for Orange to release the updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from official HTC OTA's.
    Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!
    images

What is firmware.zip?
    Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
    It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
    Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
    Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
    If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
    Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
    Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
    As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
    Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
    In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
    Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

How to flash?
    (bootloader needs to be relocked)
    1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
    2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
    3. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
    4. Open command prompt
    5. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
    6. Connect device to the PC
    7. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
    8. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
    9. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
    10. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
    11. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
    13. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    14. Type: fastboot reboot
    15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
    Click here
    Woah, thank you. How exactly do I apply that..? I really just need to upgrade my hboot so I can use JB ROMs.
    To flash you need to run the following commands: (It is advised to take a backup of your data and important files on your sd card)
    1. Lock bootloader - fastboot oem lock
    2. Boot to RUU mode - fastboot oem rebootRUU
    3. Flash firmware - fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (if you get an error then rerun this command)
    Note: The firmware will flash the new hboot, as well as a new stock boot.img and stock recovery.img.

To flash a custom rom you then need to do the following:
    4. Unlock bootloader - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (you can use the same unlock_code file as you used previously, check your emails if you can't find it, or else reapply at htcdev.com)
    5. Flash custom recovery - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
    Note: If the unlock process wiped your sd card you may need to boot to recovery and mount usb storage to copy the rom file across again. If your phone won't boot into recovery then run command - fastboot erase cache and try again.

If you then wish to flash a JB custom rom:
    6. Flash new boot.img from rom - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. For good measure - fastboot erase cache
    8. Boot to recovery and flash rom
    Firmware 3.20.401.1
    RIL 5.1204.162A.29
    Wifi fix

HTC_405

Hboot: 1.39

x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE)

cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__M27
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__016

Firmware : https://www.dropbox.com/s/75qorw6s5zq9o9d/firmware.zip

OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.20.401.1-3.18.401.1_release_314819jljj0efsej28nkon
    Re: [12.01.2013] Jelly Bean firmware collection for different Carriers ID (CID)

Sweet, How can I cut firmware.zip from ota? Ill share with you.

Wysłane z HTC One X ° Tapatalk

No need to, buddy, thanks :)

HERE is the firmware.zip

A big THANK YOU to DREFSAB for providing it :)

This is for ALL H3G phones! H3G_001, H3G_106 and H3G_G04!
    Optus Australia

CID: OPTUS001

Firmware.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xcjxlcs7dc64os/firmware.zip