Small issues, quirks and gremlins 7a

Search This thread

xen0phon

Feb 11, 2011
Just creating this thread to start a list of small things that I've noticed on the the phone to date.Maybe sometime has answers or similar issues but has found a workaround.

1.Pre Order SD card. Lots of people having issues with this one, send like it needs to be formatted on a pc before it can be recognized?

2. Bluetooth : the phone doesn't seem to like changing broth sources. It won't auto connect to the most recent device and I found that I had to turn it'd my car Bluetooth when connecting to my headphones as the phone kept trying to connect to the car. Bit of a pain. Anyone else have this?

3. Oppo Swype: I had moved to swiftkey on the S3 but seeing as it's pre-installed I gave it another shot. I just found it that if you go to themes you can get a smaller keyboard and move it to your preferred side.nice.

4. Couldn't find the setting to get apps in alphabetical order. TIP: It's located in Settings - Main Screen, then select the icon to the right of where it says Oppo Launcher. Maybe it's just me but this seems like a weird place to have it...?

Separate items for ColorOs 2.0: Recognising that this is still a Beta so my own fault if I'm using it :)

1. Auto-brightness is a bit touchy, seems to get confused quite a bit.

2. Double-tap to wake hangs from time to time, and has resulted in 2 forced restarts today. Which is annoying

3. Gestures in general are a but more sluggish on 2.0

4. There seems to be a one-handed mode in 2.0 but I've only ever been able to get it to work accidentally and could never repeat the trick.

5. There also should be a multi-window option but I have no clue where it is, so put this one down as it's not too easy to find some of the settings.

Anyone else find anything annoying and get it fixed?

Last edited:

xen0phon

Feb 11, 2011
I can't seem to get Google Keyboard to stick as default between reboots on latest stable version...

I'm using Swype at the moment so am not sure about the G keyboard. But I have always had the same problem across multiple ROMS. I just came from OmniRom on the S3 and it would often just randomly revert to google keyboard from swiftkey which was my default choice (so basically the reverse of your problem:p) Not sure it this is a common issue for Android?

xen0phon

Feb 11, 2011
ColorOs 2.0

Just wanted to call out that the Oppo recovery and Back up functions work very well. Flashed to ColorO2 2.0 beta and everything worked without a problem. A good sign!

Reactions: ShadowSkills

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I've experienced the Bluetooth switching pains as well. With my car and headphones both stored it works fine for my car but gives me fits connecting to the headphones where I have to delete my car to make it work reliably.

moumoune27

Jun 8, 2009
I've problem too with bluetooth. I can connect to my car (toyota radio BT) but no sound on the car speakers.
The music player starts automatiquely when the phone connect the car radio but no sound.
It's a problem for me because previously I use very often the music player with my Galaxy S3 in my car.
Do you have an idea to corect this issue ?

xen0phon

Feb 11, 2011
I've problem too with bluetooth. I can connect to my car (toyota radio BT) but no sound on the car speakers.
The music player starts automatiquely when the phone connect the car radio but no sound.
It's a problem for me because previously I use very often the music player with my Galaxy S3 in my car.
Do you have an idea to corect this issue ?

Have you checked in the settings that Phone and Media audio is set to 'on'? I know that my one had to be changed manually the first time. Also are you on ColorOS 2.0 or the current stable version (can't remember the number), maybe an update will resolve the issue for you?

You can find the beta 2.0 here:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-coloros-2-0-0i-beta.11926/

moumoune27

Jun 8, 2009
Thanks xenOphon for your answer
I use colorOS v.1.2.0i (french version)
Media audio is on in BT settings (but I can't find "Phone" in settings) .
Do you think that ColorOS beta2.0 is stable enough (thanks for the link) ?

xen0phon

Feb 11, 2011
Thanks xenOphon for your answer
I use colorOS v.1.2.0i (french version)
Media audio is on in BT settings (but I can't find "Phone" in settings) .
Do you think that ColorOS beta2.0 is stable enough (thanks for the link) ?

No problem :)

My own BT has the options Phone and Media, maybe this is just my one, not sure to be honest?

As for ColorOS 2.0 it is stable and runs smoothly for the most part but there are one or two issue that I just added to the original post. Having said that the bluetooth connections are now working better than before. Not sure if that is related to 2.0 though!

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
One thing that annoys me is when I'm scrolling up to read past text messages and it hits the point where it has to "load" the next bunch it goes all the way back to the last one sent in that conversation. I then have to scroll all the way back up again. Not a super huge problem but annoying when it happens. Does this with a couple other things I think but I can't recall what. I know scrolling through my music library would kill the SD card that came with the phone, that's annoying but SD issues have been discussed already.

Tapped out on my beastly OPPO Find 7a

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
One thing that annoys me is when I'm scrolling up to read past text messages and it hits the point where it has to "load" the next bunch it goes all the way back to the last one sent in that conversation. I then have to scroll all the way back up again. Not a super huge problem but annoying when it happens. Does this with a couple other things I think but I can't recall what. I know scrolling through my music library would kill the SD card that came with the phone, that's annoying but SD issues have been discussed already.

the sms app in general is not the greatest. this has been the only real negative worth mentioning. the app is laggy. bad enough that Hangouts is the sms of choice at the moment. i wonder if that issue will be worked out in the coming updates.

Reactions: Chevyguy85

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
the sms app in general is not the greatest. this has been the only real negative worth mentioning. the app is laggy. bad enough that Hangouts is the sms of choice at the moment. i wonder if that issue will be worked out in the coming updates.

Also finding that it doesn't let me save my received MMS pictures unless I use the stock picture app instead of my usual QuickPic

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
The only annoyance I have found so far is that even on the lowest volume setting the notifications are still really loud!

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Okay so I got a response from Oppostyle

Original MSG. Yes it's vague but I'm so used to tech support from anyone going down a checklist that I gave up going into any detail on the initial encounter because I always get asked what I've already answered.

The 32 gig SD card continues to randomly disappear/unmount from the phone. I have the exact model but in it is a 16gb instead and it works fine without any problems. What are my option on getting the supplied 32 GB replaced/exchanged?

Response

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OppoStyle.com customer support.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your microSD card.
Could you please try format the SD card on your PC or laptop by using an SD card reader?

You could also follow this simple troubleshoot procedure and advise the result:

1. Insert the SD card into the card slot.
2. Turn on the phone.
3. Go to settings - > storage. The phone should recognize the volume of the card.
4. Select "erase USB storage"; if this is not possible, please take a screenshot (Press "Power Button" + "Volume down" at the same time).
5. If step 4 is successful, please try to copy larger files to the card and see if it's readable. If it doesn't, please take a screenshot once again.
5. Go into Camera app. Navigate to settings -> Storage and change the storage to SD card, then try to create a Full HD video (around 3 minutes long), then try to play it on your phone to see if it's working properly.

Please let us know if this steps works for you or if this doesn't, please attach all the mentioned screenshots for us to have a look.
Looking forward for your response, have a great day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
OppoStyle Customer Delight Team

and my response that I'm about to send them

Support,

I've formatted the card multiple times in both fat32 and NTFS in different allocation sizes as well. I've already already formatted it via the phone as well. I can do all of the things mentioned in your trouble shooting no problem. The problem arises when I try to do multiple things concerning the SD card. For example I can not listen to music stored on the card and take a picture that is saved onto the card, when I do the card "disappears"/unmounts from the phone. I can play music, but if I scroll through my music library while listening to music the card disappears. If I'm taking a picture or listening to music and Titanium backup begins to run backing up my apps, the card disappears. Anytime the card is accessed twice it fails. I know it's the card because my 16 gig I can do all of these things without problem with it. I've tried my 16gig card formatted to fa32 and NTFS and it works on either file structure just fine. It also takes multiple restarts at times for the card to show back up in the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pick_A_Name

moumoune27

Jun 8, 2009
It works !!!! Finally, I installed another music player (PlayerPro) and now I have sound on the car's speakers !! So I think there is a problem with the native music player.

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Well oppostyle is sending me another SD card. Hopefully it's still the Sandisk Ultra 32gb and not the slow one they have listed on their site. Either way it'll be nice to have the extra space that actually works correctly. I'm surprised by the fairly quick response and turn around time.

Side note

Looks like AT&T didn't like me telling them their low level tech support sucks in the short survey they sent me after doing a support chat via their website. Got a call yesterday from a private number, which I never pick up, so they left a voice mail saying they wanted to do a follow up. Probably nothing will come of it unless they want to magically add the Find 7a to their database or activate my sim for another phone on their network that does LTE. I guess I'll find out when they call back later today. This doesn't work I'll see if I can convince one of the store people to let me activate my sim card on a display model.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ColorOs 2.0

Just wanted to call out that the Oppo recovery and Back up functions work very well. Flashed to ColorO2 2.0 beta and everything worked without a problem. A good sign!

Okay so I got a response from Oppostyle

Original MSG. Yes it's vague but I'm so used to tech support from anyone going down a checklist that I gave up going into any detail on the initial encounter because I always get asked what I've already answered.

The 32 gig SD card continues to randomly disappear/unmount from the phone. I have the exact model but in it is a 16gb instead and it works fine without any problems. What are my option on getting the supplied 32 GB replaced/exchanged?

Response

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OppoStyle.com customer support.
    I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your microSD card.
    Could you please try format the SD card on your PC or laptop by using an SD card reader?

You could also follow this simple troubleshoot procedure and advise the result:

1. Insert the SD card into the card slot.
    2. Turn on the phone.
    3. Go to settings - > storage. The phone should recognize the volume of the card.
    4. Select "erase USB storage"; if this is not possible, please take a screenshot (Press "Power Button" + "Volume down" at the same time).
    5. If step 4 is successful, please try to copy larger files to the card and see if it's readable. If it doesn't, please take a screenshot once again.
    5. Go into Camera app. Navigate to settings -> Storage and change the storage to SD card, then try to create a Full HD video (around 3 minutes long), then try to play it on your phone to see if it's working properly.

Please let us know if this steps works for you or if this doesn't, please attach all the mentioned screenshots for us to have a look.
    Looking forward for your response, have a great day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best Regards,
    OppoStyle Customer Delight Team

and my response that I'm about to send them

Support,

I've formatted the card multiple times in both fat32 and NTFS in different allocation sizes as well. I've already already formatted it via the phone as well. I can do all of the things mentioned in your trouble shooting no problem. The problem arises when I try to do multiple things concerning the SD card. For example I can not listen to music stored on the card and take a picture that is saved onto the card, when I do the card "disappears"/unmounts from the phone. I can play music, but if I scroll through my music library while listening to music the card disappears. If I'm taking a picture or listening to music and Titanium backup begins to run backing up my apps, the card disappears. Anytime the card is accessed twice it fails. I know it's the card because my 16 gig I can do all of these things without problem with it. I've tried my 16gig card formatted to fa32 and NTFS and it works on either file structure just fine. It also takes multiple restarts at times for the card to show back up in the phone.
    Well oppostyle is sending me another SD card. Hopefully it's still the Sandisk Ultra 32gb and not the slow one they have listed on their site. Either way it'll be nice to have the extra space that actually works correctly. I'm surprised by the fairly quick response and turn around time.

Side note

Looks like AT&T didn't like me telling them their low level tech support sucks in the short survey they sent me after doing a support chat via their website. Got a call yesterday from a private number, which I never pick up, so they left a voice mail saying they wanted to do a follow up. Probably nothing will come of it unless they want to magically add the Find 7a to their database or activate my sim for another phone on their network that does LTE. I guess I'll find out when they call back later today. This doesn't work I'll see if I can convince one of the store people to let me activate my sim card on a display model.
    They did it for me at the store no problem. In fact it was their idea. I still had to change the APN. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think I'm going to have to go to the store again. Support called back again yesterday but the phone only rang once so I don't know if my phone auto blocked it, shouldn't I checked the call blocker app, but regardless if it did they didn't leave a VM. I'm going to take a trip to the AT&T store and see if they'll just activate my sim on an LTE phone. It's a bunch of trouble for something I won't really use, but I'm paying for it darnit so it boils down to the principle of it all.