[APP][25.09.08]HTC Touch Diamond VR Hologram v2.02

Search This thread

edward_andrew

May 13, 2010
Awesome application (from the youtube video),I get about 30 fps on my HTC Topaz.Unfortunately the G-Sensor is not working with this app.No matter how I tilit the PPC the "camera" doesn't change its position.I installed the ATI Driver (without it I've got only 0.2 fps) and HTCAPI.dll.

Edit: I found that HTC Topaz uses Sensor SDK 4.2.19221329.01 .I suppose that VR Hologram uses Sensor SDK 3.x.

Last edited:

plapic

Mar 22, 2010
Brisbane
Samsung Galaxy S20
iPhone & iPad copy cats

Welll finally the iPhone & iPad have caught up.

VR Hologram very similar to the wii Head Tracking VR demo made famous on youtube.

Uses G-Sensor to track tilt and update the VR Hologram view accordingly. 3D Hologram created using Managed Direct 3D Mobile (MD3DM). Found it easier to learn than the Managered wrapper for Opengl ES.

This is my first 3D app / game and also my first windows mobile app so be gentle but your comments, recommendations and criticisms are more than welcome. Been checking out this forum for over a year now but never really contributed.

htctouchdiamondhologramro5.jpg
htctouchdiamondsettingsax9.jpg

Change Log

v2.02

Control Panel Added
  • Reverse tilt direction
  • Control affect of Moving Average Smoothing
  • Control tilt distance
  • Use set sprite locations or random sprite locations
  • Choose number of random sprites (5 - 20)
  • Choose from pre-set sprite texture (thanks to the submissions on this thread)
  • Choose custom texture image from file system
    N.B. Limited allowed image size to 150kb
    certain images (haven't been able to determine why) cause the application to crash. No exception is raised by HTC's implementation of MD3DM so cannot investigate. Just restart app and texture falls back to a preloaded texture.
  • Displays Average Frames Per Second over recent frames
  • Settings saved to file and are applied once app restarted
v1.0
First Release

MD3DM Graphics
G-Sensor view tilt (smoothed using moving average)
Nav sensor zoom
Tap screen to exit

HTC Diamond Sensor SDK (Thanks Koush)

Smoothing of G-Sensor reading essential as output is definately not. Kalman filter would have been ideal but the maths involved just goes beyond me. Moving average more than sufficient though.

Hopefully if I have time this concept can be carried forward into a game using either MD3DM or Opengl ES.

This is a concept app but can also be used to show those without the Diamond it abilities :)

Check it out on youtube

Hope you enjoy!! Let me know of any bugs :cool:

EDIT: Default orientation of diamond for the app is laid flat due to how the G-Sensor reading are intepreted. Diamond laid flat facing up to have a view straight down.

It appears that MD3DM drivers on the diamond are not complete as setting the app to draw fullscreen causes the render not to be presented on to the screen.

Confirmed phones that this app works with are:
Touch Diamond
MDA Compact IV
Touch Pro

For the following phones please refer to: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2972398&postcount=417 (Pillermann Columbus)
Touch HD
Touch Diamond 2

For those that are experiencing slow FPS e.g. 0.14fps then please try installing the ATI Drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=475493

By no means is this app optimized to run as quick as possible. Also the FPS is just an average FPS so gives a benchmark indication but it isn't the most accurate.

Download v2.02 Source: 4Shared

Turbo2200kBps

Jan 31, 2010
I have never made this work on my Diamond... Not with any rom. Installation starts, asks for install location and then "rolls back" saying nothing, asks for install location again ... and again... no mem card (IS) nor internal memory solves the problem. Various roms tested. I tried to redownload the CAB file ;)

Sorry if spam. Any help / same experience?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet 3D and perfect sensor response. Please make more, MORE! :p