[Q] Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Vs Nexus 10

Search This thread

ammar577

Dec 20, 2010
hi all i have been thinking of buying the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 lte version.
i currently own the nexus 10 since it was released and i love it, but the idea of lte and a bigger screen is what makes want to just ship.
my main use is media consumption (HD Movies, Tv Shows, Zinio)
i stuck to my nexus 10 because of the 300 pixel dpi;

1) what do you guys think of the screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 is it better?

2) can i use USB OTG to watch my movies on the Note Pro just like i do on the nexus ?

3) and finally of i buy a 64GB sd card can i save my apps to the sd ?

keeping in mind that im not planing to root the device

i look forward to hear from you guy i have read nothing but good reviews of this device, im willing to pay the premium if its better then the nexus 10

Regards,

Ammar

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
1. Having never used the Nexus 10, I can't compare, but the screen is far and away better than my Acer A700, and the size is perfect for -really- watching movies. I've watched more movies and tv on this tablet than ever on the Acer.

2. Yes. I've got an OTG cable and I can connect my USB thumb drive or my 1TB USB3.0 drive. Both function as expected.

3. I have a 64GB and I use FolderMount to put my big games onto it.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
3. FolderMount requires root and the OP states they have no plans to root. That said, there is an apps2sd built into the Note, but I really don't see that it moves much data to the external card. I do store my movies etc on the card though.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I really liked my Note 10.1 2014 edition ...... and then I tried the Pro 12.2. For my uses, while it takes a bit to get used to the size of the 12.2, this tablet makes note taking at University classes simply amazing. e-book open in Mantano Reader, and Lecture Notes with audio recordings going at all times. Plenty of room to write in LectureNotes and still easily read the textbook. For me, this was not possible on the 10.1.

I love the S-Pen, and can't imagine buying a tablet which does not have one. The S-Pen raises the Note series far above the rest IMO. Just root the thing once you are sure you plan to keep it so you can get rid of the apps you don't want / use.

G

GuestK00313

I don't have Nexus 10 but have the HP Touchpad 10", Tab2 7 & Tab3 8. Personally, I prefer notebook to watch movies and use the 12.2" for eBooks only. If I had to hold the device watching videos or use it outdoor, 8" would be my choice because it is just small and light enough to be held with 1 hand for an extended period of time. I can just grip it from edge to edge. The 12.2" would be too big to be held for too long. Even for eBooks, I just put it on the table or rest it on my laps. But then again, I am not resolution crazy when it comes to video so long as they aren't blurry. Just in case you aren't aware of it. The 12.2" cannot display yellow properly (and probably a few other models too). Just open the DHL page and the yellow will look muddy.

Personally, I feel the Tab3 8 screen is much better in terms of colour but the pixel density of the 12.2 is so high it is like reading printed papers even with serif fonts. I am not aware of any way to write directly onto SD w/o root. Mine is rooted anyway. Moving apps to SD will be pointless imho since it would be hard to fill up the internal memory by apps alone. I use extSD for storage but not for apps. A few tried 128GB and works but I just use Sandisk Ultra 64GB (actual r/w 32/8.5MB/s).

Last edited:

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I don't have Nexus 10 but have the HP Touchpad 10", Tab2 7 & Tab3 8. Personally, I prefer notebook to watch movies and use the 12.2" for eBooks only. If I had to hold the device watching videos or use it outdoor, 8" would be my choice because it is just small and light enough to be held with 1 hand for an extended period of time. I can just grip it from edge to edge. The 12.2" would be too big to be held for too long. Even for eBooks, I just put it on the table or rest it on my laps. But then again, I am not resolution crazy when it comes to video so long as they aren't blurry. Just in case you aren't aware of it. The 12.2" cannot display yellow properly (and probably a few other models too). Just open the DHL page and the yellow will look muddy.

Personally, I feel the Tab3 8 screen is much better in terms of colour but the pixel density of the 12.2 is so high it is like reading printed papers even with serif fonts. I am not aware of any way to write directly onto SD w/o root. Mine is rooted anyway. Moving apps to SD will be pointless imho since it would be hard to fill up the internal memory by apps alone. I use extSD for storage but not for apps. A few tried 128GB and works but I just use Sandisk Ultra 64GB (actual r/w

I hold my note 12.2 all day with no issues one handed sometimes hours at a time, try cradling it in your arm like a baby. And the yellows are fine, Compared side by side with thu note 2 they are the same to my eyes. You must have a bad one,

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
You can copy any file from internal storage to MicroSD using the My Files app. No root needed.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk