[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Search This thread

ppcfly

Sep 15, 2008
It might have to do with "WiFiAdhoc = 1" line in your tiwlan.ini file, you should change it to WiFiAdhoc = 0

So, I am having the same problem. I try opening going to the tiwlan.ini file in astro, edit it in text editor, and then save. However, it doesn't change... when I go back and check, it is still set to "= 1". This is driving me nuts... can anyone help?

I even tried to change it in the installation zip prior to re-flashing, and that didn't work either for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So, Root Explorer tells me I cannot edit tiwlan because the file system is read-only. Now what?

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
So, I am having the same problem. I try opening going to the tiwlan.ini file in astro, edit it in text editor, and then save. However, it doesn't change... when I go back and check, it is still set to "= 1". This is driving me nuts... can anyone help?

I even tried to change it in the installation zip prior to re-flashing, and that didn't work either for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So, Root Explorer tells me I cannot edit tiwlan because the file system is read-only. Now what?
Change the file system to r/w. Do that by touching the button at the top of the screen to toggle it.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Reactions: ppcfly

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I almost always do it from scratch, coming from a LG Optimus V where that is the recommended way to do stuff. If I have a good nandroid sometimes I try to upgrade but usually I don't have good luck with that.

Start just wiping davlik and don't look back. Your experience will improve immensely.

They have changed the install script for CM, this is all that is needed. No restoring apps, no flashing gapps, no setting up a home screen. It takes ten minutes, tops.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

stolenmoment

Mar 27, 2011
Since you use the phone gui there is a setting which will allow you to lock the rotation in whatever orientation you want. Go to settings/system/notification drawer/widget buttons. There you can select 'toggle orientation'. That adds a button to the notitification area when you pull down the status bar.
Waitaminnit... why isn't that available in the tablet gui? I've been really missing the "power notification widget" from CM7, and you're saying it's only there in phone mode? Whywhywhy?
Ordinarily, the only thing you should do before flashing a new ROM is wipe dalvik cache.
Thanks for clarifying this! I've been wiping the cache partition as well...

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
The latest 4/22 builds posted include the option for UMS (cm7-like USB mass storage). It's in settings-storage-menu-usb computer connection.

Thanks again to keyodi for his work on this :)
Yes, but does it work for you? It's been there for a while, but does not work for me.

stolenmoment

Mar 27, 2011
I updated from 0421 to 0422, non-opengl, conservative governor, and now my audio has little hiccups. I went back to 0421, and the problem didn't reappear. Is this happening to anybody else?

The audio source was BeyondPod, but it uses the built-in player.

I'm going to give 0422 another try, but there wasn't anything special about the process load that I can think of.

EDIT: back to 0422, same download, and all is fine. Dunno what caused the original effect.

Last edited:

cincibluer6

Apr 1, 2011
Thanks eyeballer for the builds. The latest ones (within the last week) have been great. A couple freezes every now and then but battery life has greatly improved, along with performance.

stolenmoment

Mar 27, 2011
There's two sets of 4/22 builds, you need the LATEST.
Ok, downloading...

Well, I've had the "starting" progress bar in the notification for three minutes now... fail.

Why is it so hard to download from techerrata?

My second try actually started... nope, bad md5. This is a Bad Thing.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Ok, downloading...

Well, I've had the "starting" progress bar in the notification for three minutes now... fail.

Why is it so hard to download from techerrata?

My second try actually started... nope, bad md5. This is a Bad Thing.

Must be something on your end, your internet connection, your wifi router or your download device. I just downloaded it from techerrata in under two minutes (directly to my nook, via wifi) And it was perfect. Granted, I have a fast connection, but techerrata delivered it smoothly.

Edit: Got it working. Thanks Eyeballer. The change must have been to the framework as it would not work until I updated my patch for softkeys. Uploaded newest patch to my thread.

Last edited:

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
Waitaminnit... why isn't that available in the tablet gui? I've been really missing the "power notification widget" from CM7, and you're saying it's only there in phone mode? Whywhywhy?

Thanks for clarifying this! I've been wiping the cache partition as well...

There is a form of this in the tablet gui by default too. Tap on the clock then again on the clock popup and you get a scrollable list of settings toggles. Turning off the toggle for auto-rotate screen locks the interface whichever mode you're currently in. Screenshot here

stolenmoment

Mar 27, 2011
Must be something on your end, your internet connection, your wifi router or your download device. I just downloaded it from techerrata in under two minutes (directly to my nook, via wifi) And it was perfect. Granted, I have a fast connection, but techerrata delivered it smoothly.
Then why do half of my downloads get the download page instead of the zip? If the supposed zipfile is 4.somethingK, you got a web page instead of a zip (take a look). Can't arrange that on my end.

And I'm downloading directly, as well, using the stock browser.

Sent from my Nook Color using xda premium

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Then why do half of my downloads get the download page instead of the zip? If the supposed zipfile is 4.somethingK, you got a web page instead of a zip (take a look). Can't arrange that on my end.

And I'm downloading directly, as well, using the stock browser.

Sent from my Nook Color using xda premium
I use Dolphin browser and have my user agent set to desktop. That could be the difference.

When I download there, I get a countdown of 10 seconds followed by a pop-up asking if I want to download the file by name. Your browser might not be rendering that pop-up and downloading it as the file.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of 9/4 opengl is enabled on all builds (so no more double builds each night) and hardware UI acceleration is working. Thanks krylon360 for the work :)

In the same spirit as Samiam303 I've been building and hosting nightly builds of CM9 for the community to use. In particular I'm now building nightlies with OpenGL rendering turned on in addition to non-openGL builds (same as Samiam303). These builds are all straight sync with CM source with no additional mods. Builds are sync'd at 3am EST for non-openGL and 4am EST for openGL - they will be available to download approx 15 mins after their sync times.

So what does OpenGL rendering mean? It means we have some form of hardware acceleration for the UI and apps. It is not full hw accel and it is not hw video decoding. The couple of things you'll notice work is wallpaper scrolling in the launcher and chrome beta will mostly work to render webpages but will fc if you go into settings. Flash also somewhat works - I've found you definitely need to OC to get some flash videos to work, most still are not smooth.

The downside to it seems to vary user to user, some people report sluggish responses and some get lock ups, a few have no problems at all..

Either way, give them a try and report back. Please try to keep the thread on topic of these builds only, other mods can be flashed over, but that discussion should be in the respective thread. I'd also like to revisit keyodi's suggestion here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22277804#post22277804) - a few people reported good results with that change. Any more feedback?

Downloads

There's a few ways to get the builds:
    1) Browse the hosted folder here: http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/encore
    2) Follow @CM_Encore on twitter for announcements of the builds as they hit the host (PLEASE NOTE: @CM_Encore IS A TWITTER BOT - don't bother tweeting at it)
    3) *NEW* Use the Goo Manager app to receive notifications of new builds and download them directly on your nook. With Goo Manager you can also get incremental updates, see my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065

Latest ICS gapps can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps or mirrored here http://techerrata.com/browse/gapps

Updates

For the latest updates/announcements follow me on twitter, or check back here.

5/9/12: Goo Manager now comes pre-installed to make updating as easy as possible :)
    4/28/12: Incremental updates are available for the flash-a-holics: See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065
    3/10/12: Due to some merges yesterday you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9

Credit and Thanks
    Thanks to fattire, dalingrin and the rest of the CM encore theme for making this possible. Thanks to fellow TeamWin members Kevank for providing the hosting and to s0up for the Goo app.
    The 9/4 nightly includes all of krylon's changes, and opengl is now enabled by default so there will only be 1 build each night from now on (unless something changes again). In testing we haven't experienced any freezes or random reboots with the new code and opengl enabled, of course with wider testing we may discover something.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.
    Nightlies will now feature HWA and full Hardware Decoding, as well as working Flash.

Known issues.
    Netflix - Stupid Stupid App. :p - Giving the same error as we are getting in JB, so when we fix one, we will fix the other.

Fruit Ninja - Hangs at the loading screen. - Known issue across several devices.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.

thanks eye.
    This gives me a chance to hack in the PBHACK which will bring down the memory usage of SystemUI like I did in JB.
    Gonna take some work since it didnt like some of the syntax usage when I attempted the 1st time.
    Will try to get to this sometime this week. Have my Grandma coming to town on Sunday, so will be unavail this weekend/next week.