CyanogenMod 9 - Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Search This thread

gtabr1

Jan 2, 2013
Brasíia
I had better battery life with the old kernel. Still at 70% after almost two days.

3.0 kernel 70% after 12 hours. Same use.

Perhaps I need to give 3 kernel more cycles? Do you think?

wow 70% after 2 days? Do you use the cellphone a lot? How do you manage to do that ?:D

I'm using cm9b4 for almost 2 month , I did battery calibrattion. The battery life is ok. Normally 30 hours, messaging, wifi, screen time on 3~4h, 50% bright. But under heavy messaging all day outside home (bright 75-100%) it lasts 16-20h, wi fi on almost every time, screen on 4-6h.

I really want to upgrade .Still dont know wheter going to cm9rc5 or cm10b4.1 , both 3.0 kernel..

Can someone tell me if you have noticed a better performance with the 3.0 kernel?Is it more smooth?

thanks guys :)

wowonder

Feb 12, 2013
com.android.phone

Version: CM9 RC 5
App/Game/Subject:system
Bugtittle: com.android.phone always stopped
Description: since I flashing update CM9 RC 5, after restarting or turn on my phone always show pop up "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped", but when last update (CM9 RC 4) my phone is running well, and no problems with that.

*sorry. i'm bad in english ;p

coolbuy

May 26, 2011
Sharjah
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Bugtittle: com.android.phone always stopped
Description: since I flashing update CM9 RC 5, after restarting or turn on my phone always show pop up "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped", but when last update (CM9 RC 4) my phone is running well, and no problems with that.

*sorry. i'm bad in english ;p

you need to do a complete wipe (including SD and external SD if you swap memory)

Last edited:

wowonder

Feb 12, 2013
---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

you need to do a complete wipe (including SD and external SD if you swap memory)

no, i'am not using swap memory, my memory storage is default (using internal memory) and didn't swap. Did I must to complete wipe for upgrading CM9?

And I try to flash CM9 RC 5 with full wipe (wipe data, and wipe cache) and flash gapps. Evidently same problems "com.android.phone has stopped"
My friends tell me that I must fix permission or push phone.apk on other CM9 user. That is true? :confused:

pepoluan

Jul 31, 2012
Jakarta
Lots of postings since I last visited, so I'll just roll up my answers without quoting anyone:

1. There are 2 kinds of "swap": Swap memory, and swapping internal/external SD. They are two totally different things. Only the first kind of swap has the potential to brick one's phone if not done properly.

2. A ROM can't make a battery fat. Like someone already posted, your W has a *hardware* circuitry that prevents overcharging. It's just a coincidence that your battery becomes fat when you change to CM9. Batteries have finite lifetime, 90% of them go bad after 6-12 months of continuous use. I'm willing to bet that all people experiencing pregnant batteries after flashing to CM have batteries older than 6 months.

3. I'm still on CM9RC3 (haven't had the time to flash the latest and greatest yet) with dewadg kernel, and I'm still having whiteout issues. My way of fixing that when it happens is to kill the offending process using a task manager. Then reopen the process, and all is well.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

coolbuy

May 26, 2011
Sharjah
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
no, i'am not using swap memory, my memory storage is default (using internal memory) and didn't swap. Did I must to complete wipe for upgrading CM9?

And I try to flash CM9 RC 5 with full wipe (wipe data, and wipe cache) and flash gapps. Evidently same problems "com.android.phone has stopped"
My friends tell me that I must fix permission or push phone.apk on other CM9 user. That is true? :confused:

i am not sure, i was experiencing random reboots, camera getting hung issues.. i deleted the android folder and android_secure folder from sdcard once i flashed the ROM. now everything is working fine.

Reactions: wowonder

wowonder

Feb 12, 2013
Lots of postings since I last visited, so I'll just roll up my answers without quoting anyone:

1. There are 2 kinds of "swap": Swap memory, and swapping internal/external SD. They are two totally different things. Only the first kind of swap has the potential to brick one's phone if not done properly.

2. A ROM can't make a battery fat. Like someone already posted, your W has a *hardware* circuitry that prevents overcharging. It's just a coincidence that your battery becomes fat when you change to CM9. Batteries have finite lifetime, 90% of them go bad after 6-12 months of continuous use. I'm willing to bet that all people experiencing pregnant batteries after flashing to CM have batteries older than 6 months.

3. I'm still on CM9RC3 (haven't had the time to flash the latest and greatest yet) with dewadg kernel, and I'm still having whiteout issues. My way of fixing that when it happens is to kill the offending process using a task manager. Then reopen the process, and all is well.

Setuju gan atas poin nomor 2 nya :good:
english: "I agree with you on point no. 2" many user complain that CM9 ROM get battery fat, whereas no effect at all. Battery fat caused by overcharging (leave the phone when charging for a long hour) or charging the phone and your phone still turn on for playing game or calling.

*sorry for bad english ;)

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
disable vibration on the lockscreen

Is there anyway to disable the vibration (haptic) on the lockcreen? I can not seem to find a way to do it in the settings...It is not so vital but I simply don't like it...Thanks in advance ..

gtabr1

Jan 2, 2013
Brasíia
There is no option there to disable the vibration. I guess that is available in CM10 but not in CM9.

True , i dindt find this option either. It's not so important (i used 2 months beta 4 like that hehe) but if theres a option to disable ,i'd like to do it.

Already testing cm9rc5 : ) . Battery life is ok so far (first charge). 51%left ,11 hours, 2:30 screent on hours, 20 messages sent/ received, whatsapp and facebook on... I think it is ok .:good:

Excellent rom, i feel it is faster than cm9b4 I had. Thanks devs :D

[iop]wah

Apr 9, 2012
Manila
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Camera App-when flash is disabled(not alligned)

This is not a big issue, but i just want raise out that the flash(on/of)f icon on video is misalligned when its disabled.

Last edited:

merlory

Sep 15, 2012
R: CyanogenMod 9 - Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

When phone is rebooted it won't ask for pincode. Have to fix permissions in order to get it work again. RC4 & RC5

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
You may try this
Settings>Lock screen>screen security>vibrate on touch(uncheck)

It is not there in cm9..

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Bugtittle:reboots and shutdowns
Description: I came from stock rooted rom. I have been using CM9 for about two and a half days. But yesterday it started random reboots. I have noticed two of them while the phone was in my hand and I guess there was one while I was a sleep (checked the system/about/status - uptime).

I really love the rom. I hope these issues can be fixed because it will be very hard to go back to the stupid stock rom. I do not know how to get a log file. If someone tells me how to do it, I can post that too..

Note: I did all the wipes, formatting the sd cards etc...

Last edited:

beehaapxl

Sep 13, 2012
I don't know why but my phone had 3 shutdowns while in deep sleep in RC4 n RC5,

when Iin RC 3, my phone never had this problem..

fyi, I'm running pristine ..

anyone facing it too??

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
Sudden reboots and shutdowns

On the contrary... since RC4 & RC5 not a single shutdown or sudden reboot...
Maybe the reason why some of us are experiencing random shutdowns and reboots while others not, is the baseband version. I am experiencing the reboots and my baseband is I8150XXLB4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Latest CyanogenMod 9 and Developer Thread

Bugs: (UPDATED UP TO PAGE 212) STATUS

Major issues:
    - White Bug: While scrolling the mail turns to a white screen (Facebook, GMail) [1][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] (Beta 4) - useful conclusion
    - Bluetooth: autoconnect does not work properly [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: not repeating [1] [2] (Beta 4)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - WiFi: autoconnect does not work [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] (Beta 3) - possible fix
    - Camera/Videocamera: crashes with video effect(smile, big eye) [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)
    - phone app: calls often disconnect / phone sometimes reboots while in call [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)

Single issues: (These need to be confirmed)
    - SMS-Notifications: stopped working [1](Beta 4)
    - Bluetooth: Bluetooth Device Settings do not work correctly [1] (Beta 4)
    - System: If Hotspot is switched on, system gets instable [1] (Beta 4)
    - Mobile Network: not connecting to 3G networks [1] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: is not being played repeatedly [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - System: phone turns off by itself, eating the battery change in the process [1] (Beta 3)
    - System: Phone shuts down itself [1](Beta 3)
    - System: SMS messaging [1](Beta 3)
    - System: phone reboots randomly [1](Beta 3)
    - System: statusbar does not show up [1](Beta 3)
    - Bluetooth: Phones Reboot after turning on the Bluetooth [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Camera: Photo taken from camera IN PORTRAIT MODE [1](Beta 3)
    - Phone-App: Calls often disconnect [1](Beta 3)
    - Camera: Camera colours' distorted [1](Beta 3)

App issues:
    Waze: lag and freeze when navigating [1] (Beta 4)
    - Play Store: sometimes can't install app [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Waze: screen still auto lock even though prevent auto lock is checked in Waze [1] (Beta 3)
    - Viber: audio is on loudspeaker [1] [2] [3](Beta 3)
    - Tango: force close at call [1] (Beta 3)
    - RunKeeper: hen save activity, RunKeeper crashes and closed [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - VPNC Widget: VPN connection lost [1] (Beta 3)
    - AnTuTu Benchmark: 2D/3D Benchmark [1] (Beta 3)
    - Alarm-App: does not ring [1] (Beta 3)
    - WhatsApp: The Vibration does not work [1] (Beta 3)

Game issues:
    Angry Birds Star Wars: crashes after few minutes [1] (Beta 4)
    - GTA 3: freezes [1] [2] (Beta 3)

@everybody who reported bugs for previous versions:
    Would you please test the problem and report whether it has changed in latest version or not ?

Working/Non-Working Status

If you have any suggestions, bugs, corrections, please let me know.
    How to post a bug:

How to post a bug:

Please copy the following code in your post and fill in the information:

HTML:
    [B]Version:[/B] CM9 - Beta 3
    [B]App/Game/Subject:[/B] WRITE HERE APPNAME
    [B]Bugtitle:[/B] WRITE HERE BUGTITLE
    [B]Description:[/B] WRITE HERE DESCRIPTION

Explanation:

Version: If your current ROM differs from the latest version, please update to the latest one, in order to report a bug.

App/Game/Subject: e.g. Gallery, Facebook, Camera, Battery, System, GTA 3 etc.

Bugtitle: Describe the bug in a few words

Description: Describe the bug in detail, so the developer or user does not need to ask for further information.

You can post as many bugs in one post you like, but please list them all seperated and not all in one!

Example:
    Version: CM9 - Beta 3
    App: Facebook
    Bugtitle: White screen after start
    Description: When I start the Facebook app, the screen where the posts should be listed turns white. Only while scrolling the posts appear.
    APN and pin lock issue is fixed for next build, both CM9 and CM10.
    However, it works for me on RC2 (although the AP is very old — ASUS WL-500g Deluxe, Broadcom chipset, 802.11g, using WPA2-PSK). But I set it up on alpha4 and did not perform any wipes since then.

Strange, cause nothing has been changed regarding wifi between RC2 and RC3.

cm9 RC3 can't record video using front camera..am i the only one?

Confirmed. Was caused by frame rate fix for back camera. I fixed it for front camera now, and compiled a new camera.msm7x30.so
    Push it to system/lib/hw and reboot.

Preview and recording should be a lot smoother now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mua8u68ul7ra7a
    FAQ:

How can I update this ROM?
    Unless exceptions aren't mentioned, you simply have to flash the latest ZIP-file of the ROM using CWM. You files should stay untouched, but still it is always recommended to make a backup.

Does it support my language?
    CyanogenMod (9) is multilingual, so it supports all common language in the world.

How can I update my basebandversion?
    a) You can flash the Baseband from here.
    or
    b) Make a Nandroid backup of your current CM9 -> wipe everything -> Flash the latest stock ROM from your region via ODIN ->
    flash ClockWorkMod -> wipe everything -> flash CM9 -> restore data.

What is CWM ?
    CWM stands for ClockWorkMod. It is a custom Recovery which enables complete backups (Nandroid backup) and complete restores.
    (HowTo install)

What are GApps?
    GApps stands for GoogleApps. Google Apps = Google Play Store, Google Calender ...
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement GoogleApps directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install it manually.

How do I install or update Google Mail?
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement Google Mail directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install/update it manually:
    Follow this link on your device and open it with the Google Play Store: click here

Where do I find the external SD on CM9 ?
    The directory has changed (The following are the directories before swapping):
    external(physical) SD card: /external_sd/ or /mnt/external_sd/
    internal SD card: /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/

How do I swap the internal and external SD on CM9 ?
    Settings -> Storage->Menu-Button->Storage configuration (a restart might be necessary)

How do I activate MTP on CM9 ?
    Settings ->Storage->Menu-Button->USB connection->mark MTP

How do I enable brightness control for the notification bar?
    Settings -> System ->Status bar ->Activate brightness control
    Now you can use the notification bar to control the brightness.(wipe on it left and right)
    Source

My phone restarts randomly after update?
    Note: All your Data will stay untouched (Backup/Restore)
    1.Open ClockWorkMod->backup and restore->backup to externl sdcard
    2.wipe data/factory reset
    3.wipe cache partition(not sure if needed)
    4.install zip from sdcard->choose the latest CM9 version
    5.advanced restore from external sdcard->choose backup->Restore data
    6.reboot

The battery of my device drains rapidly fast, what can I do?
    After flashing a new ROM you will have to do several(5+) charging cycle in order to get a calibrated battery.
    There are also battery calibration apps, such as Battery Calibration which help you with the battery calibration. Long story short: Be patient.

My Data connections / Adding APNs doesn't work, what can I do?
    It is a known bug in (Alpha 1). Flash this zip to solve this bug.

What is a funny SIM card ?
    A funny SIM card, is a SIM card which provides GSM connection, but does not let you enable data connection, because APNs can't be added.(only on CyanogenMod)Flash this zip to solve this bug.